• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brendan Smith Out With Upper-Body Injury

Phil

Basically a microcosm of the season. Self inflicted concussion.

looked to me like Tanev, seeing the hit coming, put his shoulder right into SMith's head instead of taking the hit. Maybe not necessarily on purpose, could have been just instinctually trying to brace for the hit.

Tough for Smith. He had a bad game before this but he's been doing his best to come back and be productive in whatever role he's given. I give him credit for that at least

I hope you're right, G man! I'd like to see Hajek give it a go this season.
I haven't seen too many instances where a guy has been scratched numerous games all of a sudden proves that the coach was wrong to do it. I hope I'm wrong and Hajek shows Quinn is a dummy but I'm not holding my breath here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I haven't seen too many instances where a guy has been scratched numerous games all of a sudden proves that the coach was wrong to do it. I hope I'm wrong and Hajek shows Quinn is a dummy but I'm not holding my breath here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I hear ya, Kev...but I'd like to see the kid get a chance, and see if he's improved. He definitely has something to prove!

I remember Hajek looking pretty good in the few games he did have up here, then everything kind of went down the tubes for him with injuries and whatnot.

Yeah, he had that cameo of, what, 5 games at the end of the season? He looked really, really good in those games. Then he did his shoulder iirc and never got back.