Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Should Name Chris Kreider Captain in Wake of Tony DeAngelo Debacle

Senior Member Midget Division
    Name a captain when we have a coach of the future, which is not DQ.
    Rebuild Mode.

I think it would be a good move to give Kreider the C

Might light a fire in his ass and put him on the spot to be a more consistent dominant force that we know he can be

Deangelo was good in good times but sucks when your back is against the wall and the time to turn a page is now

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    Name a captain when we have a coach of the future, which is not DQ.
    All NHL coaches have shelf lives. Some more visible than others, but shelf lives nonetheless. The longevity of a coach is likely not a factor in making this decision given the likelihood the player will stick around after him anyway.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Rangers Should Name Chris Kreider Captain in Wake of Tony DeAngelo Debacle

About Bugg?s earlier remarks about the team going to the finals post-Callahan...that squad was dialed in already and everyone was rowing in unison, so not having a Captain wasn?t going to upset the team IMO.

I?d give Kreider the C despite saying recently that I?ve given up on him and wouldn?t mind a trade. Giving him the C costs us nothing. It might just make home more accountable. Maybe it massages his ego and stimulates his hockey playing libido? Guy can play the game. He has the tools to be super. Maybe the weight of wearing the C will push him to take off the Casper cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    All NHL coaches have shelf lives. Some more visible than others, but shelf lives nonetheless. The longevity of a coach is likely not a factor in making this decision given the likelihood the player will stick around after him anyway.
    While what you are saying is obvious, we also have to think about not just relationship between captain and a team. Captain needs to have a good relationship with both sides, team and coach.
    Let the new coach come in, establish relationship, name a captan.
    Rebuild Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    While what you are saying is obvious, we also have to think about not just relationship between captain and a team. Captain needs to have a good relationship with both sides, team and coach.
    Let the new coach come in, establish relationship, name a captan.
    That's not really how it works, either. When teams name new coaches, players aren't all of a sudden stripped of letters while the new coach determines who he thinks is deserving.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

That's not really how it works, either. When teams name new coaches, players aren't all of a sudden stripped of letters while the new coach determines who he thinks is deserving.

That’s exactly what I’m saying, if we wait for new coach to name a C, you wont be looking in to stripping anyone.
    Rebuild Mode.

You didn't read what I said. That practice almost never happens.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Just throwing it out there.

https://youtu.be/-fMoDQ-daz0

Kypreos and Doug Maclean say scrums like this happen waaaay more than we know.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    There's a particular need for player leadership at this moment. It's obviously not the right time for Zib. I agree they should give Kreider the C. If the situation with ADA has divided the room, a strong veteran player, rather than the coach, is the one to bridge the gap.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    There's a particular need for player leadership at this moment. It's obviously not the right time for Zib. I agree they should give Kreider the C. If the situation with ADA has divided the room, a strong veteran player, rather than the coach, is the one to bridge the gap.
    I just don't see how putting a C on his chest changes anything. Kreider is who he is, putting a C on his chest doesn't transform him into a leader of men. The person we're looking for isn't in the locker room, that's blatantly obvious to me. There isn't one guy in that room who everyone looks to, who commands the room, who is the natural leader of the group.
    I think the current strategy is fine. When the right person shows up it'll be time.

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Bluntly - who do you give the C to if it isn't Kreider?

Trouba hasn't been there. He's had one miracle-ish playoff run amidst a lot of losing.
    Panarin is a wunderkind; leave him be.
    Zib is kind of the same thing as Trouba - he's had one real good run

If Kreider isn't the guy, you've exhausted your "legit veteran leaders" group, and you have to start looking at who leads the youth. You have to be thinking it's Fox, Lafreniere, maybe Miller. None of them are even remotely ready for that.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Bluntly - who do you give the C to if it isn't Kreider?

Trouba hasn't been there. He's had one miracle-ish playoff run amidst a lot of losing.
    Panarin is a wunderkind; leave him be.
    Zib is kind of the same thing as Trouba - he's had one real good run

If Kreider isn't the guy, you've exhausted your "legit veteran leaders" group, and you have to start looking at who leads the youth. You have to be thinking it's Fox, Lafreniere, maybe Miller. None of them are even remotely ready for that.
    I am perfectly fine waiting for one of them or someone else to be ready. Naming a captain should not be a priority here, not now. All this talk of being a leader is dumb- pinning a "C" to a vet will not change a damn thing.

I think there are some candidates in the long term- but you have to let them get there.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I have a feeling it'll eventually be Lafreniere. Whether that's next season or 5 seasons from now, I don't know. But that's my feeling.

No it?s games like this is the reason why he shouldn?t be named captain

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    No it?s games like this is the reason why he shouldn?t be named captain

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Seasons like this imo.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    How about this: "Captain Fox"?

Banned Junior Division
    He’d be a good 3rd line checking forward who scores 20. I think that’s what’s going to happen eventually once Laf establishes himself

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    How about this: "Captain Fox"?
    I think this is honestly the right answer. Dude has liquid nitrogen flowing through his veins, and again - if not Kreider, the message you're sending is that the Captain should be among the youth.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast