• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just unreal. The entire team had looked terrible. The offense was DEAD. It still IS. It most certainly was not performance related. You don't waive a guy who can produce at the clip he produced last season. If it were game 25 you'd have a legit gripe 6 games in, no pre season, top center producing just as little... How is that a fair gauging of his production?

BTW, is it possible the joke between Panarin and Shestyorkin was a dig at Georgiev?

As for those who say there was a constant rift between Georgiev and DeAngelo, and was a locker room cancer, this video would suggest otherwise.

It's a dig at a situation, not individual players - but yes, partially the players.

Doesnt everyone rip on their friends when they do something stupid? The fact that they did this shows the team is growing and moving on.

You're conveniently ignoring the constant repeated refrain from MSG leadership that this was a long string of events for DeAngelo. And, again, we do not know what happened with Georgiev. He might have been fined. He might have lost starts. We have no idea. DeAngelo might have said something to him that half the team heard and they all agreed Georgiev went lightly on him.

What we do know is this: No guy should be allowed to just go around his workplace talking shit to his co-workers, actively hurting his team outcomes both on-ice and off, acting like a poor teammate when he doesn't get his way, disrespecting his boss, and goading his teammates into fights. You want to work somewhere like that?At your workplace, does that stand? Do you think it should?

It's honestly painful watching some of you twist yourselves into pretzels to defend any of this behavior solely to get angry at...what? Just to stan whatever perception of cancel culture makes it okay to be a dick to all your coworkers with no consequences?

Again. If Tony were team captain, is he "actively hurting his team" by digging at a teammate?? This is a huge exaggeration on the subject. And again, management said this wasn't the source of his release. He didn't get waived because he got punched for digging, bitching at,, provoking a goalie. "Tony never recovered from being benched ".

His leash was short. But for what reasons exactly? We hear he was fined by the organization multiple times. For what exactly? If people are going to use that to back their "cxnt" argument , I'd love proof if this. A list. I'm not doubting it's possible. I'm doubting how severe the infractions are. Being a Trump supporter shouldn't be a fine worthy offense. Being misquoted much like the former president about using the word covid and the word hoax in the same sentence, ALSO shouldn't be a fine.. Arguing with fans shouldn't be either.

I would appreciate a full list of OFFICIAL team infractions and fines to back this take. I'm interested to see what he was fined for.

Again. If Tony were team captain, is he "actively hurting his team" by digging at a teammate?? This is a huge exaggeration on the subject. And again, management said this wasn't the source of his release. He didn't get waived because he got punched for digging, bitching at,, provoking a goalie. "Tony never recovered from being benched ".

His leash was short. But for what reasons exactly? We hear he was fined by the organization multiple times. For what exactly? If people are going to use that to back their "cxnt" argument , I'd love proof if this. A list. I'm not doubting it's possible. I'm doubting how severe the infractions are. Being a Trump supporter shouldn't be a fine worthy offense. Being misquoted much like the former president about using the word covid and the word hoax in the same sentence, ALSO shouldn't be a fine.. Arguing with fans shouldn't be either.

I would appreciate a full list of OFFICIAL team infractions and fines to back this take. I'm interested to see what he was fined for.

At his point, I don't know what to tell you. Look at the fact that Gorton got to the point of saying "I told him that if his name came up in anything at all, he would be on waivers." Nobody does this for a single offense or even two weeks worth of griping, especially for a prized asset. If they weren't at the end of their rope, they would have suspended him or done something incremental. Again, I recommend listening to this (https://www.radio.com/podcasts/new-ice-city-a-podcast-about-the-new-york-rangers-podcast-45353) to get the perspective of someone who has spent time with the team (until COVID) and knows a lot of these people personally.

So your argument is that Tony is being singled out for being a Trump supporter and unless they prove otherwise, you're right, despite the long, confirmed history of general displeasure with Tony dating back to roughly last March of poor play, poor sportsmanship, poor representation of the brand and organization, being a poor teammate, and generally, a paper trail that would get any of us shitcanned.

That's not an argument that really flows well at all.

Yes, clearly Tony is the victim of bias here.

He never did anything wrong. He never denied covid.

Quinn clearly sabotaged him.

When TDA went deep into the offensive zone when Trouba pinched irritated the hell out of me

It was one of those easily preventable failures that doesn't happen if you are paying attention

Millers accendance made TDA very ditchable

When TDA went deep into the offensive zone when Trouba pinched irritated the hell out of me

It was one of those easily preventable failures that doesn't happen if you are paying attention

Millers accendance made TDA very ditchable

Yeah people like to say Fox made ADA expendable but I think it was Miller. His emergence and maturity with offensive flashes kind of showed they could get rid of ADA and just use someone defensively reliable for the third pair instead.

So, what you're saying is that you've got a workplace that tolerates swearing and the occasional mistake. That's great for you. Was that the first time Greg fucked up? Is he going to do it again? Or is this Greg's latest in a string of fuck-ups and you or your supervisor are just too dense to fire him?

I didn't realize there was specific exceptionalism to reality when it came to pro sports. Poor performance doesn't get managed in pro sports? Mistakes don't have consequences? Being an asshole to your teammates and a liability to the company isn't the same, because he's an athlete?

In one respect, you're right. He's a public figure, which holds him to a higher standard, not a lower one. I know the analogy just shoots holes in the narrative you like, but it holds up for a reason.

Right, because the obvious "or whatever he was at" after that clearly meant it was intended to be taken as a serious number. The overarching point that you seem completely unwilling or unable to process is that this isn't about one event. It's about a long, long string of events, of which we're seeing just the tail end of. If you think he's being cut for slamming a door and making a snide comment, you're confidently incorrect.

Tolerates swearing on the job? Where you work buddy? I see where this is going with your comments here. Too dense to fire him? I get it. Stupid Neanderthal construction workers.

See, it's very uncommon to get fired or reprimanded for cursing at the work place. Maybe a teacher around kids would? Most people don't get fired for mistakes they make. Especially ones that aren't a big deal.

Poor performance over 6 days of work after a monster year prior, doesn't really tell the story of a workers value. It definitely doesn't in sports. That's like waiving an Allstar CF, with a gold glove award under his belt, because he misplaced a few balls and is 4 for 30 at the plate. .. You seriously can not use this guy's performance for this year as a reason to waive him or even bench him..

Please. Inform me about the liability DeAngelo was to this team THIS or LAST year. Give me alllll of the horrible things he did.

There's a big difference between 30 strikes and what ever, which should only in reality be 2. 30 or 2. Big fucking difference. Sorry I cursed. Fire me.

This thread is turning out to be like the Nash thread,it never ends

Nash threads were a valid debate.

This thread is really just one or 2 people completely unwilling to acknowledge the facts.

Like, it's a fact that ADA wasn't waived for what happened this year, what happened this year was the straw that broke the camel's back. That's been confirmed by the team. You don't get yourself on a zero tolerance plan for 1 or 2 things. They've been fining for breaking rules for some time.

There's just one our two people here who either willingly ignore, don't understand, or are just trolling at this point.

Tolerates swearing on the job? Where you work buddy? I see where this is going with your comments here. Too dense to fire him? I get it. Stupid Neanderthal construction workers.

See, it's very uncommon to get fired or reprimanded for cursing at the work place. Maybe a teacher around kids would? Most people don't get fired for mistakes they make. Especially ones that aren't a big deal. There's a big difference between 30 strikes and what ever, which should only in reality be 2. 30 or 2. Big fucking difference. Sorry I cursed. Fire me.

Now you're getting it. It's not just one or two little mistakes. As the front office said, repeatedly, it's a long history of consistent issues that ranged from generally normal stuff to threatening fans on Twitter.

Poor performance over 6 days of work after a monster year prior, doesn't really tell the story of a workers value. It definitely doesn't in sports. That's like waiving an Allstar CF, with a gold glove award under his belt, because he misplaced a few balls and is 4 for 30 at the plate. .. You seriously can not use this guy's performance for this year as a reason to waive him or even bench him..

Please. Inform me about the liability DeAngelo was to this team THIS or LAST year. Give me alllll of the horrible things he did.

You're right, but when you're part of a team, your assessment as a worker is more than what you do in your chief job responsibility. Like, for example, how you carry yourself when you're asked to take on different responsibilities for a bit. Or, how you treat you team. Or how you respond to feedback.

Let's take your buddy Greg. He fucked up, and I'm betting you showed him how to not make that mistake again, yeah? I'm betting he was grateful for the feedback even though he knows he fucked up. And, I'm betting he didn't throw a hissy fit and make you the bad guy about it, then constantly bring it up for weeks after.

By the by, the analogy you're looking for here is not an All Star CF with a gold glove award struggling. Baseball actually had someone quite like Tony DeAngelo. It's John Rocker. Young guy, gets a crack at the show, is lights out, but cannot fucking control himself and washes out.

I've already gone over the stats; at best, he's struggling, at worst, he quit on the team. It's almost impossible to be as bad defensively as he's been and stay in the NHL, especially if you're going to stop scoring too.