• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#8) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // Third Time's a Charm

Phil

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LeMeiux, Rooney and DiGuesspe got it the pens face in their own end and created havic with limited ice time. 3rd period they were hardly on the ice and the Penguins ran ALL over the Rangers. Again Quinn is a

Moron!

That's why the Rangers usually look gassed late in every game. Quinn is always rolling out the same six. There's practically zero line balancing.

The Rangers have taken a one goal lead into the third period four times this year and have yielded the tying goal each time. This is starting to not look coincidental.

Winning goal was lame play by Georgie, taking it away from his own man after we finally were about to take possession after desperate sequence.

Shesterkin needs to start. Enough of this splitting time bullshit. I'm not worried about him. I think he's the future. I am not high on Georgiev, never have been. He's very OK. Shesterkin is the guy who needs to play the majority. Let him work at it.

Should have started tonight, give him a chunk of games in a row, maybe he will settle.Hank was a notorious slow starter too.

4 games away from losing the locker room.....

What if he lost it already? They basically never show up at the start of games. There's little to no structure. He's scrambling guys around so much they have no idea who they'll be playing with on a day to day basis. Our #2 and #1 OA picks aren't thriving under him. He's got 4 righties on PP1, with the only lefty (Buch) in front of the net. Not a lot of good at this point to go on.

4 games away from losing the locker room.....

You're too kind.

Look at Zappa's post game, it's the same damn themes since DQ's first day. He basically said they lose focus or their structure in the third and play a east to west game when they know they right way to play the game is north south, yet they continue to do it. Said it's never gonna work that way yet they continue to do it way too often for extended periods of time costing them games.

I know this is bat shit crazy but maybe burn your time out after say half the period goes by in the third just to say FFS wake the f*ck up. But nah just keep watching the same pattern. So many guys just not getting it done and for christ sakes Zib, cut the hair (it looks ridiculous even if you had a dozen points - you don't), burn all your sticks, switch skates, shave your ass, change everything at this point.

The whole thing is maddening more often than not imo.

Maybe it's just getting over covid and essentially missing training camp, but I'm sort of expecting to hear that there is something wrong with Zib soon.

I spent the whole third period tonight thinking that Quinn should call his timeout, because it clearly was going in the wrong direction.

Best moment of the game: "I don't care, I LOVE IT!", right after Trouba was penalized for checking and hitting Sid the Kid multiple times in front of the net.

That and trouba messing with the pens player during the scrum was great. His defensive game, as always is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What if he lost it already? They basically never show up at the start of games. There's little to no structure. He's scrambling guys around so much they have no idea who they'll be playing with on a day to day basis. Our #2 and #1 OA picks aren't thriving under him. He's got 4 righties on PP1, with the only lefty (Buch) in front of the net. Not a lot of good at this point to go on.

I mean it’s very possible. I’m just going by what I feel like would be a large enough chunk to really see it without it being just a handful of games. It’s a mess lol