• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Official Fire Quinn Thread

Ozzy, I thought you’d never make it back from the Jaeger. But here you are spittin’ facts.

I was was feelin' pretty good last night, Big Guy!!! You would've laughed your ass off.

As Blackwell and Laf are going in on the 2 on 1, I scooch forward in the chair....then Laf pots the winner.

I vault outta the chair....spill the Jager all over the floor & the armrest....kick the table...HARD!! I'm rolling around on the floor, and screaming "LAFFY!!!! YOUDDA MAN!!!!"

God!! I love hockey season!!!! :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can probably lump me in with Phil, as I'm pretty ambivalent as far as Quinn goes, but holy fuck, in a cap league, I'd probably want to leverage my financial muscle by hiring a proven, top tier coach, not gamble on a guy with no track record, just because he has strong character and principles and blah blah blah.

Pat Burns was an asshole

Scotty Bowman is an asshole

Marc Crawford is an asshole

Mike Babcock is an asshole

Mike Keenan is an asshole

John Tortorella is an asshole

It's OK to hire an asshole.

Coaches matter in this league, it's not quite football, but it's a long way from baseball. Just look at what guys like Julien and Trotz can accomplish with literally nothing. It fucking matters.

Darryl John Sutter

Last night looked like a tier 1 bantam game. Up and down, good passes, bad passes, good goals, bad goals, good saves, dumb penalties. This team has no structure to it and the systems they play are dog shit. Way too fuckin low on the pk and in our zone 5v5. They can’t break out clean, and when they do, they have to change. No one can get a fuckin puck deep. Go watch the last 5:00 from last night, let me know how many times Pitt had to start from behind their own net either contested or even uncontested. The pp has excellent tape to tape perimeter play. I love the shots from outside the dots, those are usually great areas to score from. Looks like they figured it out on the Panarin goal when they finally took a shot from inside the dots. I was waiting for them to set up the janitor in the corridor for a one timer. For those that know me, I love giving the coach the benefit of the doubt for multiple reasons:

1. They see what we don’t behind the scenes, whether it’s in practice or in the locker room.

2. They’re obviously good enough to be hired.

3. I want them to succeed because that means my team is winning.

With that said, fuck this guy. I’m tired of watching what looks like on the surface, random dudes showing up every other night for open hockey. They’ve yet to win a game because of good coaching, but the L’s are all on him. 3-4 blown leads in the 3rd now?

Last night looked like a tier 1 bantam game. Up and down, good passes, bad passes, good goals, bad goals, good saves, dumb penalties. This team has no structure to it and the systems they play are dog shit. Way too fuckin low on the pk and in our zone 5v5. They can’t break out clean, and when they do, they have to change. No one can get a fuckin puck deep. Go watch the last 5:00 from last night, let me know how many times Pitt had to start from behind their own net either contested or even uncontested. The pp has excellent tape to tape perimeter play. I love the shots from outside the dots, those are usually great areas to score from. Looks like they figured it out on the Panarin goal when they finally took a shot from inside the dots. I was waiting for them to set up the janitor in the corridor for a one timer. For those that know me, I love giving the coach the benefit of the doubt for multiple reasons:

1. They see what we don’t behind the scenes, whether it’s in practice or in the locker room.

2. They’re obviously good enough to be hired.

3. I want them to succeed because that means my team is winning.

With that said, fuck this guy. I’m tired of watching what looks like on the surface, random dudes showing up every other night for open hockey. They’ve yet to win a game because of good coaching, but the L’s are all on him. 3-4 blown leads in the 3rd now?

The answer is right there with our Pack coach. He's outstanding pretty much everywhere he's coached. Quinn is a moron. Hughes played 23 minutes for the Devils yesterday. Kakko 13. Hughes is playing 20 minutes a game. That's how you develop elite talent. Kakko has a howitzer for a shot and a great one timer. The fact he's not on the first PP unit is a joke.

The answer is right there with our Pack coach. He's outstanding pretty much everywhere he's coached. Quinn is a moron. Hughes played 23 minutes for the Devils yesterday. Kakko 13. Hughes is playing 20 minutes a game. That's how you develop elite talent. Kakko has a howitzer for a shot and a great one timer. The fact he's not on the first PP unit is a joke.

Kakko has great skill, but he has a lot to learn about playing hockey. That’s why for the most part the Canadian kids will come out of nowhere and have more success in the pros after some time to mature. European players are very skilled, but play as individualists with their skills which translates a lot differently as you get to the higher levels. With that said, I’d put Kakko on the pp as you would, for the reasons I listed above. Lol

Just as so,e perspective, here are two grading threads we did on Quinn the last two years.

Midway point last year

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?22358-Grading-Coach-Quinn&highlight=Quinn

Midway point first year

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?21092-Grading-David-Quinn-as-the-Rangers-Head-Coach&highlight=Quinn

Just as so,e perspective, here are two grading threads we did on Quinn the last two years.

Midway point last year

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?22358-Grading-Coach-Quinn&highlight=Quinn

Midway point first year

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?21092-Grading-David-Quinn-as-the-Rangers-Head-Coach&highlight=Quinn

My grade has certainly dropped. He's in C/C- territory right now. The team looks like shit.

My grade has certainly dropped. He's in C/C- territory right now. The team looks like shit.

I mean I had a shitty grade a year ago. If u asked mea t the end of the year it would have improved but it's back to the same grade for the same things I thought a year ago today

Rangers were 9-1 in February. Since then, which is from Igor's injury, the bubble and this season, they're 4-14.

Smith was having a rough night on D, but with Blackwell down, playing him a few shifts on wing and rolling a full 4 lines would have been pretty sensible. Didn't happen. To go from bragging how he's a Swiss army knife to not playing him at all in this situation is crazy. Instead AGAIN this team was gassed in the 3rd period.

I get Quinn wants top make a point, but do it in practice, and do so across the board.

Revisiting the midseason grades; the team has slipped in pretty uch every category. If you take out the Igor run last February, he's barely passing.