• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#6) Rangers at Buffalo Sabres // Just Win. K?

Morphinity 2.0

All very fair. Kreider does something stupid at least once a game with impunity. Strome has disappeared all year and still thrown out there on pp1. For what only Quinn knows. Certainly isn't for what he's doing on the ice.

I think it's a case of, who else is going that you'd put there? Maybe Buch? Chytil is hurt, not an option, that means you don't have a center on that unit as Zib plays the point.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people are angry and saying everyone sucks but I just want to point out that our defense has actually been much better so far this year aside from one player. Everyone's been down on Trouba since he's signed and the mob deemed Johnson a piece of garbage before he even put on a jersey but this is the best the D has looked since the letter, IMO.

I actually like Miller and Trouba together. I think there's real possibility for them to become a top pair not just on the team but in the league. Fox has been incredible and Lindgren is his normal, steady self. These four guys have been awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Did the puck jump over Trouba's stick last night, leading to a goal? yes. But that's not bad defending. Bad defending is what Tony DeAngelo did on that play and has done throughout this season so far.

Worse than JJ, worse than Smith... is Tony DeAngelo.

At least Johnson and Smith have an excuse for being slow or just not that nimble with the puck. What is DeAngelo's excuse? Like basically everyone else that signed a contract this summer, he looks completely lost out there. His passing is erratic, his defensive zone coverage is a mess, but the most shocking thing is his offensive play. He has been an albatross in the offensive zone. Blatantly not paying attention on the Trouba play. Slow to the puck. Slow to shoot it when he does have it. He just doesn't look like the same, cocky asshole we're used to seeing.

• Like 1

I know people are angry and saying everyone sucks but I just want to point out that our defense has actually been much better so far this year aside from one player. Everyone's been down on Trouba since he's signed and the mob deemed Johnson a piece of garbage before he even put on a jersey but this is the best the D has looked since the letter, IMO.

I actually like Miller and Trouba together. I think there's real possibility for them to become a top pair not just on the team but in the league. Fox has been incredible and Lindgren is his normal, steady self. These four guys have been awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Did the puck jump over Trouba's stick last night, leading to a goal? yes. But that's not bad defending. Bad defending is what Tony DeAngelo did on that play and has done throughout this season so far.

At least Johnson and Smith have an excuse for being slow or just not that nimble with the puck. What is DeAngelo's excuse? Like basically everyone else that signed a contract this summer, he looks completely lost out there. His passing is erratic, his defensive zone coverage is a mess, but the most shocking thing is his offensive play. He has been an albatross in the offensive zone. Blatantly not paying attention on the Trouba play. Slow to the puck. Slow to shoot it when he does have it. He just doesn't look like the same, cocky asshole we're used to seeing.

Yea, it really does scream of "this is why you don't give players those contracts after career years in a contract year".

I think it's a case of, who else is going that you'd put there? Maybe Buch? Chytil is hurt, not an option, that means you don't have a center on that unit as Zib plays the point.

Not saying you have to sit him for a game. Let him watch a few shifts and then try again. Zibanejad was a detriment to the team late in the 3rd, and it should have been addressed long before he got to crunch time.

Their timing and play development is just terrible at times. There's no flow up the ice either. It's like watching an expansion team that's never played before at times. What happened to that team that shut the Isles out 5-0??? That was exactly what they should be doing; puck pressure and offensive flow to the net. What the fuck happened to that???

It takes work. Every player every shift. The work ethic, or motivation from one is sorely missing. The coach must instill it and the players must execute it. Neither is doing that well right now.

Fair but I do think Ziby still takes the draw doesn't he? I cound be remembering wrong though.

I think that's a great observation, 3-1! D'Angelo was too far away from the play, and had Trouba even been able to keep that puck in the zone, he had no outlet as to where to pass it. Defenseman often miss pucks coming around the boards, and Tony took himself out of the play by sliding deeper into the zone, in a spot where he couldn't even get the puck.

In the last 2 games, the Rangers have only given up 24 shots to Buffalo and 19 to the Pens.

I'm gonna ride with Kreider tonight (1G,1A)...fucking guy is so due for a decent game. ...and I wanna see K'Andre rip a few blasts from the point tonight.

Hey Brownie!! Next time I have to name more players!!! LOL

...talk about crystal balls!!! :rofl:

They split them, but you still need someone at the center position, IMO. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well pp 1 I think usually ziby takes the draw thrn slides back to d. Fox is fox. Panarin hugs the board and curls into tjr slot when he has the puck, kreider makes his way to the front and backs up to between the dos if it goes behind the net and Strome.... Well I dont know what he does.

Let strome go to pp2, move a guy like ALF or hey.... Go back to a normal, two pick moving d even though ADA doesn't actually deserve it . Hell give Kandre a chance.

Pp really isn't our biggest issue but it is one of the easiest ways to get some guys going.

Well pp 1 I think usually ziby takes the draw thrn slides back to d. Fox is fox. Panarin hugs the board and curls into tjr slot when he has the puck, kreider makes his way to the front and backs up to between the dos if it goes behind the net and Strome.... Well I dont know what he does.

Let strome go to pp2, move a guy like ALF or hey.... Go back to a normal, two pick moving d even though ADA doesn't actually deserve it . Hell give Kandre a chance.

Pp really isn't our biggest issue but it is one of the easiest ways to get some guys going.

Agree. Get Strome out of there. I didn't even like him there last year when things were going well. We've got at least 4 dmen who can play on the PP. It's okay to use them.

What happens if/when they shit the bed on Thursday? Did Sam even mention Zib with the puck on his stick? I was glad to hear Vally say how Panarin wasn't giving the same effort as last season backchecking or when he lost the puck. It's been noticable. And why is Strome continuously given big minutes every game when he consistently makes terrible decisions with the puck or just coasts around like he just hit a bong. The "vets" should call a closed door team meeting or something, anything to squash this horrendous losing streak.

What happens if/when they shit the bed on Thursday? Did Sam even mention Zib with the puck on his stick? I was glad to hear Vally say how Panarin wasn't giving the same effort as last season backchecking or when he lost the puck. It's been noticable. And why is Strome continuously given big minutes every game when he consistently makes terrible decisions with the puck or just coasts around like he just hit a bong. The "vets" should call a closed door team meeting or something, anything to squash this horrendous losing streak.

They are hoping he gets better, if he does, it will increase trade value.