• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#6) Rangers at Buffalo Sabres // Just Win. K?

Morphinity 2.0

Paging Gerard Gallant, you’re wanted on the Rangers bench

I personally really like Quinn, but yeah I would be over the moon if we snagged Gallant. Something with this team just isn't clicking under Quinn and with this roster the Rangers should be in the thick for a playoff spot.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they're tanking? It's a short season anyway so no better time. It's the only plausible explanation for bringing Jack Johnson on board.

That's not a bad idea, we could get a top 3 pick who can come in and help with 50-60 points right away.

• Like 1

Maybe they're tanking? It's a short season anyway so no better time. It's the only plausible explanation for bringing Jack Johnson on board.

2 of their top 10 picks aren’t on the team.

Their top 2 picks are on the third line.

It’s time to avoid the draft lottery.

This team is in a holding pattern right now with Quinn.

See out the year, and then bring in a proper coach when the cap clears and the real window opens. It's blatantly obvious to me that this guy should be nowhere near the Rangers bench as they get ready to compete. I'm not saying that based on the bad start, I've been saying it for a while. I've seen nothing that suggests he's got what it takes to lead a team on a playoff run. That sort of thing normally requires things like having a plan and successfully implementing a system and an identity.

And no, changing the lines around all the fucking time isn't a plan. It's just windmilling.

I personally really like Quinn, but yeah I would be over the moon if we snagged Gallant. Something with this team just isn't clicking under Quinn and with this roster the Rangers should be in the thick for a playoff spot.

Havent the last two teams Gllant has coached, moved on from him rather quickly? I dont know anything about him but that is a bit concerning. Also how is he with young players? Vegas was made up mostly of vets when he coached there

I've seen enough!

I'm calling it!

They're not good.

I don't think this is a bad team, I think it's a good team that's playing bad hockey.

Is it a good team though? They have one, maybe two lines and then it totally falls off a cliff. Outside of two young studs, their defense is absolutely woeful.

On paper this team isn't good and it isn't good on the ice, especially when their best players are not playing well.

Is it a good team though? They have one, maybe two lines and then it totally falls off a cliff. Outside of two young studs, their defense is absolutely woeful.

On paper this team isn't good and it isn't good on the ice, especially when their best players are not playing well.

It's a good team. They're certainly not as bad as we've seen. They have 2 solid lines with Mika and Panarin and a third line that is featuring a #1 and #2 overall.

The issue is that most of those players are just playing bad hockey right now.

I think it's the old adage of you're never as bad as you look during a losing streak and you're never as good as you look during a winning streak.

Havent the last two teams Gllant has coached, moved on from him rather quickly? I dont know anything about him but that is a bit concerning. Also how is he with young players? Vegas was made up mostly of vets when he coached there
I think there's something going on behind the scenes with him. He's been fired from successful teams and teams passed on him during this all-season. I feel like there is something that's not public but the NHL community is aware of.

I dont know if I agree with this statement. Our third line has been the best one so far this year.

We can bitch about Quinn all day long but in the end your top players need to show up and do something. Its not even about scoring. Outside of Buch, Kakko, Laf (at times but hes a rookie), Chytil (now injured, again), Diguissepi, Rooney, and Blackwell none of the top guys seem to be playing with any determination. Losing board battles quite easily, forced and unforced passes to no where, and the one that drives me the craziest- dump and no chase. Name one team in this league that would be successful with its top 6 not performing?

8 of the 12 forwards are first round picks (4 are top 10 picks) and two that aren't (panarin, buch) are two of the best players on the team. On paper this team should be at the very least in the mix.

Our 4th line which should be a grind it out line is bad ill give you that but they had a bad 4th line for years now

It's a good team. They're certainly not as bad as we've seen. They have 2 solid lines with Mika and Panarin and a third line that is featuring a #1 and #2 overall.

The issue is that most of those players are just playing bad hockey right now.

I think it's the old adage of you're never as bad as you look during a losing streak and you're never as good as you look during a winning streak.

I think you're right, Pete. They've played some good hockey for short stretches for most of the games, but they have breakdowns and spells where they look like a flaming shit house. Mostly they've had one-goal games, with the exception of the opening night stinker. The thing is, I just don't feel like this season was ever going to be THE YEAR to be a contender. They're clearly not ready for prime time yet...I'm not going to raise my blood pressure putting high expectations on this team. It is not even close to being a finished product. There's so many pieces to this puzzle that are either not here yet, or yet to be traded or moved.

Quinn is experimenting and I gotta admit, I would probably throw shit at the wall in this case to see what sticks too!

Is he right most of the time, probably not, and it makes him look bad, but I can't even think of anything I would do to "fix" what's going on out there on the ice. He can shuffle lines 'til he's blue in the face, I just think this is going to take more time....unfortunately, more time than we originally thought.

I'm happy just watching Miller play his ass off, and know he's going to be a star. The other kids will come along as well, but in due time. (It even took my boy MacKinnon 4 seasons before he lit the world on fire. Damn, he's good!!!)

We'll get there fellas, and we're all gonna think back to these days and say "remember when...." :thumbs:

Those reverse retros will be the key to our season. Just watch. Either that or call them reverse successful

Hey Keirik, did you see those faceoff stats from last night??? 30%!!!! Ugh!! We need your boy, and we may need him fast!!!! :rofl:

That 30% is generous too!! I had it at 37-9 or 24.32% Tough to get a PP goal when the other team wins draws in their own zone consistently.

Hey Keirik, did you see those faceoff stats from last night??? 30%!!!! Ugh!! We need your boy, and we may need him fast!!!! :rofl:

That 30% is generous too!! I had it at 37-9 or 24.32% Tough to get a PP goal when the other team wins draws in their own zone consistently.

Boyle wound be a start but man I man we are so pitiful everywhere.

My biggest issue with Quinn is that he's not consistent with how he applies his rules. Going back to the Howden-Andersson.

It should have taken about 2 minutes for Zibanejad to get benched yesterday. Not much longer for Panarin.

Kakko's lack of speed, or DeAngelo pinching on the PP are the least of the issues for this team. None of their money players are stepping up. Depth players and bottom pair D-men like Johnson and DeAngelo havent been great, but they are NOT losing the team games.

Zibanejad has 1 goal, and it was on a shot he fucked up. Pointless since. Panarin cant hold on to the puck to save his life, and is a huge reason the PP isnt more successful.

Goaltending has been a joke. Bought out Lundqvist for nothing, and now losing trade value on Georgiev.

You want to demote Andersson, bench DeAngelo, sit Lemieux, put Kakko on the 4th... fine, be consistent when it comes to Strome, Howden, Fox has had some shitty turnovers and shifts that would get anyone else benched, undisciplined Kreider, not a first line center Zibanejad, just here for the money Panarin, paid Trouba...

Want to know why the players stop buying in? Stop hustling? Stop believing the coach?

None of this is new.

I didn't watch much, but what I did, there was no sustained pressure in the offensive zone. And losing every key draw is just terrible.

There were too many passes and none of them were crisp. Jeez...

Boyle wound be a start but man I man we are so pitiful everywhere.

Their timing and play development is just terrible at times. There's no flow up the ice either. It's like watching an expansion team that's never played before at times. What happened to that team that shut the Isles out 5-0??? That was exactly what they should be doing; puck pressure and offensive flow to the net. What the fuck happened to that??? I'd be watching that replay like it was the '94 Cup clincher!! :rofl:

My biggest issue with Quinn is that he's not consistent with how he applies his rules. Going back to the Howden-Andersson.

It should have taken about 2 minutes for Zibanejad to get benched yesterday. Not much longer for Panarin.

Kakko's lack of speed, or DeAngelo pinching on the PP are the least of the issues for this team. None of their money players are stepping up. Depth players and bottom pair D-men like Johnson and DeAngelo havent been great, but they are NOT losing the team games.

Zibanejad has 1 goal, and it was on a shot he fucked up. Pointless since. Panarin cant hold on to the puck to save his life, and is a huge reason the PP isnt more successful.

Goaltending has been a joke. Bought out Lundqvist for nothing, and now losing trade value on Georgiev.

You want to demote Andersson, bench DeAngelo, sit Lemieux, put Kakko on the 4th... fine, be consistent when it comes to Strome, Howden, Fox has had some shitty turnovers and shifts that would get anyone else benched, undisciplined Kreider, not a first line center Zibanejad, just here for the money Panarin, paid Trouba...

Want to know why the players stop buying in? Stop hustling? Stop believing the coach?

None of this is new.

All very fair. Kreider does something stupid at least once a game with impunity. Strome has disappeared all year and still thrown out there on pp1. For what only Quinn knows. Certainly isn't for what he's doing on the ice.