• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CBJ Trade Pierre-Luc Dubois, 3rd Round Pick to WPG for Patrik Laine, Jack Roslovic

Blue Heaven

It's a great trade for Columbus. Laine is looking great. I think it's good for the franchise to get some star power like that finally. Getting free agents to sign there can be a bit of a task (or keeping one around like Panarin), so they really needed to pull off a trade like this to bring in some franchise talent to compliment Foligno.

It's a great trade for Columbus. Laine is looking great. I think it's good for the franchise to get some star power like that finally. Getting free agents to sign there can be a bit of a task (or keeping one around like Panarin), so they really needed to pull off a trade like this to bring in some franchise talent to compliment Foligno.

They need to resign him. Trade is a wash if he leaves in two years. Maybe the fact that the GM is Finnish will help that happen.

Well they haven't been able to sign any star players brought in via trade: Panarin, Bob, Duchene, etc.

Yeah, that was going to be my next point. They've had too many leave as it is. It is a tough place to keep people or attract free agents. But, if they let yet another leave, I would think the blowback would be bad. It's like, how much of that can you take if you're a fan or someone who has been on the team for awhile? I think Tortorella has done a really good job getting most of what he can with that roster.

• 1 month later...