• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What is Going on with the Defense?

Stephen

I wish we would play Kakko on his natural side! I know he's a lefty shot, as is Laffy...I know, this is a question for Quinn, but why would we be playing these kids on a strange side or off wing?

I think too much is made of this at times. In the D-zone with breakouts, it makes a difference but after that, it's pretty much free-flowing. I haven't seen enough of him so far this year to know if he's having an issue in his own zone, like last year. It still seems to me, however, that he's a half-step behind the play in the neutral zone/offensive zone.

Honestly as easy as it is to blame Quinn this roster is just oddly built. Cant even really blame Gorton because he lucked out with Kakko and Laf who both happen to play the same positions, as do two of the longest signed Rangers. No matter how you configure this line up something is off

I think too much is made of this at times. In the D-zone with breakouts, it makes a difference but after that, it's pretty much free-flowing. I haven't seen enough of him so far this year to know if he's having an issue in his own zone, like last year. It still seems to me, however, that he's a half-step behind the play in the neutral zone/offensive zone.

I realize we have a lot of lefties, Nashty...and this squad is by no means a "finished product", but for a guy that's #2 overall and has all the promise in the world coming in, I just can't seem to grasp the whole "play him someplace he's not used to" theory. Kev's observation is pretty accurate as well, he is seemingly a second or two behind on reaction time. Is it the off wing, or is it him adjusting?? I don't know...and I'm not blaming Quinn (I support Quinn), but I would just feel better seeing him play his natural side.

That's just me though ;)

Ha! Lafreniere on RW...well that's another story. :)

I kinda lumped them both in there, but I think you knew where I was going. ;)

That "Left/Right" thing always threw me off...I prefer "Milk hand", and "Cookie hand"!! :rofl: