• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#3) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils // Devils May Cry

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea they look like shit. But they started slow last year.

And they're missing some character in the room. Lots of leadership left this off-season.

I don't think 3 games is enough body of work.

Also the lines aren't working.

KZB (if Zib alive)

Panarin Strome Gauthier

Lemieux Howden PDG

Laffy Chytil Kakko

Hi, my name's David Quinn. I just fixed it for you.

Jack Johnson is not an NHL defenseman. Period. Full stop. Playing him over D'Angelo ...damn. The point was made.

One thing that needs to happen; put Fox and Lindgren back together and leave them alone.

Trouba being a mess; who the hell knows what is going on with him.

Kakko and LAF both had decent shifts. At a loss what Strome does to merit PP time over either.DOn't get how Miller (who has found his legs a bit since a rough game 1) was getting top pair minutes in game 1 and these guys get scraps and benchings. If this team is going to sniff the 4th seed, some things are going to have to really work out, top out their upside. Think you have to give the young guys more of a chance.

Don't get the PDG love either.

Kreider is...Kreider. Long stretches when he's barely there and then streaks where he's tremendous and forceful.would hope the big ass contract would make for more of the latter.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but I also don't think Jack Johnson was the reason we lost last night, nor will he he ever be the reason we lose. He's not getting ice timing key situations against top opponents. He's a number seven defenseman who's playing like a number seven defenseman, and pairing him with Trouba is more of a demotion for Trouba than a promotion for Johnson.

No one is saying JJ was our main problem but when u sat ADA because it was better to roll with what worked (I did agree with it) you better not come out flat like that.

What I personally think our biggest problem is is the guy behind our bench. Fine, sit ADA because he?s a douche and takes a stupid penalty x2. Then I assume Kreider isn?t playing next game since he again took another penalty a minute after we went down early, right? He didn?t score a goal. The Devils did. How does that look to everyone and ADA to have Kreider do shit like that without having to face consequences? He disappears for weeks regularly. REGULARLY. Now he?s an A and on a bigger contract but that?s not a big deal Right? Fuck, we have to see JJ or Trouba on the PP before ADA who is up there in the top of the league for offense because he?s the only one that will be held accountable for what he does on the ice?

That?s cool to take a stand and flex a little coaching muscle,but you better get it right and actually be held accountable for it.....or cause competition by holding guys that don?t rhyme with Schmony BeAMangelo accountable too. Lindgren? Trouba? Anyone?

Yeah, I get what you're saying about Kreider taking a bad penalty and disappearing, I'm pretty much the author of that narrative lol. The key nuance and difference between CK and ADA is that CK is mature, and a leader in the room. ADA has an attitude problem, and the attitude problem caused him to take a penalty. It's behavioral.

Hi, my name's David Quinn. I just fixed it for you.
I hold Quinn accountable for a lot of things (mostly the lack of preparation and lack of any discernible identity or system), but I don't agree with this at all. Those three are getting plenty of ice time.

Last night Brendan Lemieux had more shots than Lafreniere and Kakko combined...And show the desire to actually take the puck and get it on net. Which is a lot more than Kakko and Laffy did.

Kakko is still slow and lost, every time he has the puck he just turns around and flings it on net from wherever he is in the ozone. It's just like last year.

Lafreniere maybe should be moved off the Panarin line so he can have the puck more.

I think we're hitting on the right things here. It's a question of consistency, imo, and some stubborn coaching.

Strome and Kreider are struggling. A lot. And that's fine for game 3, but it's also not okay to roll those two out on a critical power play when your team is down by 1 and they're playing like that. Doubly so when you have a couple of guys (Buch, Chytil, Lemieux, Kakko) having pretty damn strong games. And yes, Kakko had a good game yesterday in spite of getting almost no ice time.

Trouba had his worst game as a Ranger. Lindgren might have as well.

On the other side of it - give me that Lemieux every day. If the coaches can make him do that in every game, he's immediately 10x more useful. Give me net crashing Chytil every game. Give me an oddly defensively confident Kakko every game. And for fucks sake, give me more Lafreniere. Don't do to him whatever we did to Kakko last year.

Assuming Zib is in, I'm rolling some new lines next time out. We have to get Kreider and Strome some confidence back. We have to get Chytil, Kakko,.and Laf a better chance to impact the game.

I think we're hitting on the right things here. It's a question of consistency, imo, and some stubborn coaching.

Strome and Kreider are struggling. A lot. And that's fine for game 3, but it's also not okay to roll those two out on a critical power play when your team is down by 1 and they're playing like that. Doubly so when you have a couple of guys (Buch, Chytil, Lemieux, Kakko) having pretty damn strong games. And yes, Kakko had a good game yesterday in spite of getting almost no ice time.

Trouba had his worst game as a Ranger. Lindgren might have as well.

On the other side of it - give me that Lemieux every day. If the coaches can make him do that in every game, he's immediately 10x more useful. Give me net crashing Chytil every game. Give me an oddly defensively confident Kakko every game. And for fucks sake, give me more Lafreniere. Don't do to him whatever we did to Kakko last year.

Assuming Zib is in, I'm rolling some new lines next time out. We have to get Kreider and Strome some confidence back. We have to get Chytil, Kakko,.and Laf a better chance to impact the game.

Kakko was terrible last night.

He also had as much even strength ice time as Strome and Kreider. The difference was the power play time, the first unit plays about 1:15 of it. And that last power play, they played all of it.

Kakko is getting plenty of ice time. So is Laffy. They could have their situations managed better though.

Kakko was terrible last night.

He also had as much even strength ice time as Strome and Kreider. The difference was the power play time, the first unit plays about 1:15 of it. And that last power play, they played all of it.

Kakko is getting plenty of ice time. So is Laffy. They could have their situations managed better though.

I think the Kakko group writ large had a good game. It's maddening watching Kakko fling some of those shots, and it's even more maddening watching PDG do ECHL things, but they controlled play well, and Kakko made a few really strong defensive plays. That's a group I'd have expected to be more pinned in their zone. I dislike their inability to turn control and good defense into offense.

I'd like to see better situation management for those two and Chytil. They've got more to offer. I wonder if getting Kakko and Chytil with Kreider helps some - and that lets Laf play up with Zib.

I think the Kakko group writ large had a good game. It's maddening watching Kakko fling some of those shots, and it's even more maddening watching PDG do ECHL things, but they controlled play well, and Kakko made a few really strong defensive plays. That's a group I'd have expected to be more pinned in their zone. I dislike their inability to turn control and good defense into offense.

I'd like to see better situation management for those two and Chytil. They've got more to offer. I wonder if getting Kakko and Chytil with Kreider helps some - and that lets Laf play up with Zib.

Don't know if I'd do that. Lafreniere needs the puck on his stick right now, he's fighting it. He's not going to have it on a line with Zib and Buch or Panarin.

Conversely who is carrying the puck with a line of CK / Chytil / Kakko?

Maybe later on as the season goes that would be something I would try, but not right now.

Don't know if I'd do that. Lafreniere needs the puck on his stick right now, he's fighting it. He's not going to have it on a line with Zib and Buch or Panarin.

Conversely who is carrying the puck with a line of CK / Chytil / Kakko?

Maybe later on as the season goes that would be something I would try, but not right now.

What if you throw Laf-Chytil-Kakko out there as a 3rd line, see what they can do against bottom pairs