• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack down on one knee looking to block the PK cross-ice passes in front of the net is frightful. I thought that kind of stuff was left in pee-wee play? NHL level? Makes me very nervous.

I'm pretty sure that the analytics people have concretely said that blocking passes by taking the one-knee approach is asking for unnecessary randomness.

Even Leon Draisaitl had a rough beginning first year 37 games nine points,second year 19 goals ,51 points

Yeah, we gotta give these kids some time to mature. I mean, these kids are only 19 and a lot of them are barely 20! I didn't even have a favorite chair yet at 20!!! :rofl:

This team is going to be in great shape moving forward...especially after this season's dead cap dollars falling off. I trust JD and Gorton with everything and they seem to have a good grasp on where we're going. ...just gotta stay the course and make some good decisions along the way. We'll get there!

Yeah, we gotta give these kids some time to mature. I mean, these kids are only 19 and a lot of them are barely 20! I didn't even have a favorite chair yet at 20!!! :rofl:

This team is going to be in great shape moving forward...especially after this season's dead cap dollars falling off. I trust JD and Gorton with everything and they seem to have a good grasp on where we're going. ...just gotta stay the course and make some good decisions along the way. We'll get there!

That's why I'm not worried about DQ , he fucks up one too many times JD will be in his ass

He likely wouldn't reup since we cant afford him really past this year, but I wonder if it wouldn't be the worse thing to bring in Laine for ADA + (obviously + but if they were reasonable about it). ADA just isn't going to end up here long term, a fellow Fin wouldn't be the worst thing for Kakko to have and learn from even if it's just for one year, and we instantly are eons better since we do have enough other PP options D wise for this season. It would likely take a little cap wiggle room on our part of around 2m i think?

He likely wouldn't reup since we cant afford him really past this year, but I wonder if it wouldn't be the worse thing to bring in Laine for ADA + (obviously + but if they were reasonable about it). ADA just isn't going to end up here long term, a fellow Fin wouldn't be the worst thing for Kakko to have and learn from even if it's just for one year, and we instantly are eons better since we do have enough other PP options D wise for this season. It would likely take a little cap wiggle room on our part of around 2m i think?

I can totally deal with dealing from a strength, Keirik. I'm not the biggest advocate of ADA to begin with, but objectively speaking, he would be a benefit to a team that needs a PP defenseman. I think you're referencing Buchnevich above, and I agree. We could most likely fill a big hole at center by dealing away ADA and Buchnevich...especially in a package deal.

If we're going to pay a $5+ million/year salary, I'd rather it be a young, gritty two-way center that can win faceoffs. We have our superstar wingers in Lafreniere, and I also think Kakko is going to be the real deal once he matures a little more. So adding a Laine to the mix would be a pretty good shot in the arm.

If not a center, the math might be pretty close for a resign of Laine too; ADA makes $4.8 mil and Buch may get up to $4.5 - $5 million depending on what he does the rest of the way. Laine is at $6.75 mil, and may command up to $10mil, so it's not too much of a gap. Maybe I'm low balling Laine....I dunno.

The trick is going to be how to resign Zibby, but we also have an ass load of dead cap coming off the books after this season. Brendan Smith, and Johnson also comes off which equates to about $14.5 million.

...after that it's a few RFA's (Chytil, Lindgren, Shesty, Hajek), and then we'd be in decent shape going forward. But it might be able to work, to keep Laine....maybe!!

I'm glad I don't have to juggle this shit!!! I'm lucky I can follow a shopping list in the store!!! :rofl:

I think Miller may be the best partner for Trouba right now, so I'm good with that. That 3rd pairing gives me the "willies" though. I wouldn't mind seeing what Hajek has in the tank back there on pair #3.

I'd like to see what Anthony Bitetto can do as well.. I can't imagine it being much worse.

I'd like to see what Anthony Bitetto can do as well.. I can't imagine it being much worse.

I think our top 4 are fine, Flynn...as long as Trouba can get his head out of his ass....which I feel he will eventually. I'm also ok with ADA on the 3rd pair, but he would need a partner who can cover his ass...either that, or maybe D'Angelo can learn how to play defense better....which I was kinda hoping for.

I think our top 4 are fine, Flynn...as long as Trouba can get his head out of his ass....which I feel he will eventually. I'm also ok with ADA on the 3rd pair, but he would need a partner who can cover his ass...either that, or maybe D'Angelo can learn how to play defense better....which I was kinda hoping for.

I'm with you, I think Trouba needs a partner more than anything.. Let him work with the guy, play him with Miller, give it 10 games and reevaluate. I think all these guys are guessing on what's happening from shift to shift.. ADA and Smith might be the best option for the 3rd pair?

Makes sense. Anyone who managed to play 51 games in the NHL last year at least deserves consideration over Johnson.

As for ADA, I really don't agree with the 2d scratch, it's making too big of a deal of his little fit and it risks triggering a real regression on his part after such a long term gradual improvement in his behavior. I also don't want to squelch his emotions, because they can be a positive. Watching a game last year from second row from the glass, I could see that ADA gets under the skin of opponents and has a positive impact on his teammates.

he's got to play 19 games if they plan on exposing him in the expansion draft , so you would think he's probably going to get those games along the way.