• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, Quinn got a lot out of this team last year. Many players with career years, playing well above average. I absolutely think he's a good coach.

I also don't know who's setting the defensive pairings between him and Martin... but I think it's pretty obvious those pairings are not going to work.

They had a bad period. I don't see reason to blow it all up yet.

And Kakko off the PP after only playing 11 minutes last night is... well, it makes no sense honestly.

I mean.. it’s game two let the guy tinker. This is usually what preseason is for. It can’t get worst than last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I dont mind tinkering, but if you are dealing with a bunch of young, high-skilled prospects, you have one job as a coach - put them in a position to be successful. When you dont do that, you end up with worst-stats Kakko, crying Andersson, and hasnt-improved-in-3-years Howden.

Guys who succeeded under Quinn last season:

Buchnevich - put on top line

DeAngelo - put on top PP

Fox - given icetime and PP time

Lindgren - given icetime with a capable partner

Zibanejad - given everything

Panarin - got to play his own game

Strome - put with offensive players, got PP time

Georgiev gets the start tomorrow. Surprised to see there's so little confidence in Shesterkin and they're not giving him another game to try and bounce back.

I thought it was said (maybe just rumored) that Georgiev was going to play on Saturday. Maybe it was mentioned during the game?

When I heard Georgiev was starting, I had the mentality that it was already known.

Georgiev gets the start tomorrow. Surprised to see there's so little confidence in Shesterkin and they're not giving him another game to try and bounce back.

I can see them both getting used a lot this season, Karan. I think it's more of the scheduled bulk of games, and not really a poke at Shesty, even though he looked like the last shot he saw was sitting on a bar!

So after one terrible game where everybody sucked, moved Gauthier who was our most effective player to the 4th line, moved our #1 overall pick to his offside, moved our #2 overall pick to the 3rd line and off the PP, and created the worst D pairings imaginable. I've had it with this guy.

Similar to how you think he's overreacting to one game, you're overreacting to one practice.

Similar to how you think he's overreacting to one game, you're overreacting to one practice.

Agree. Plus, saying Gauthier was our most effective player last night isn't an endorsement of him, it's a scathing indictment of the rest of the team.

So after one terrible game where everybody sucked, moved Gauthier who was our most effective player to the 4th line, moved our #1 overall pick to his offside, moved our #2 overall pick to the 3rd line and off the PP, and created the worst D pairings imaginable. I've had it with this guy.

I'm starting to lean this way too. Instead of handling the youngsters with kid gloves, he's just being reactionary and irrational.

Why do I feel like DeAngelo is going to be forced off this team while Jack frikken Johnson can skate by without criticism and probably wind up on the top pair? DeAngelo shows fire and is punished for it. Johnson sucks and sucks bad, but he's not talked about by the coach as a problem.

How about doing something real ballsy and call out this teams leadership? Demote Kreider to the 4th line. Put Trouba on the 3rd pair. I don't know if this is some weird Rangers playbook, but why do they always instantly react and demote young players only? Your team has played this uninspired shit hockey since the pandemic season continued. None of your star/top players have played with ANY spark. Take THEM to the task. Not your youngsters who are taking in this shit energy brought forth by the veterans. But you're going to make an example of the one guy who displays energy and displeasure.

Maybe Quinn ISNT the guy for the job.

Whos out there?

• Like 1

I'm gonna go back on my bold prediction (which I've already forgotten) and say that I think Jacob Trouba is gonna be the next captain and I think he'll be named before the season's end.

DQ raved about him last night. Alluded to him speaking up between games and then leading by example on the ice. He jumped in to keep Lindgren from getting beaten to a pulp. He threw his body around. He looks much more comfortable overall. Not to mention he's got a long term contract. Seems like a he's got a shot.

I'm gonna go back on my bold prediction (which I've already forgotten) and say that I think Jacob Trouba is gonna be the next captain and I think he'll be named before the season's end.

DQ raved about him last night. Alluded to him speaking up between games and then leading by example on the ice. He jumped in to keep Lindgren from getting beaten to a pulp. He threw his body around. He looks much more comfortable overall. Not to mention he's got a long term contract. Seems like a he's got a shot.

I mean it would sort of make sense but he sucked in the first game and got owned by our rival's captain so i'd hope shit like that stops first.