• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the coach didn't go in the room between the 2nd and 3rd periods and Jacob Trouba took control of the situation...

Hire Trouba!

I Heard that in the presser from Quinn too.

Trouba played pretty well last night, but seriously....Joe Mich blows a lot of sunshine up Trouba's ass during the games. If Trouba can be that "Scott Stevens" type player, he can be worth that $8 million. Last night was a pretty good showing...now let's see if he can keep it rolling.

I Heard that in the presser from Quinn too.

Trouba played pretty well last night, but seriously....Joe Mich blows a lot of sunshine up Trouba's ass during the games. If Trouba can be that "Scott Stevens" type player, he can be worth that $8 million. Last night was a pretty good showing...now let's see if he can keep it rolling.

Trouba was awesome last night. IMO he gets unnecessarily picked on from this crowd. There will never be another Scott Stevens so I think that's a pretty unfair expectation. He's going to play a crucial role in the teams success over the next 5 years. He's already been crucial in the development of Miller. It sounds like he's a real leader on the team. His contract might be higher than necessary but it's not a hinderance to the team at all.

Trouba was awesome last night. IMO he gets unnecessarily picked on from this crowd. There will never be another Scott Stevens so I think that's a pretty unfair expectation. He's going to play a crucial role in the teams success over the next 5 years. He's already been crucial in the development of Miller. It sounds like he's a real leader on the team. His contract might be higher than necessary but it's not a hinderance to the team at all.

He makes a lot of mistakes with the puck and is caught out of position way too often. He's not the puck-moving PP QB he was billed as - supposedly only held back by being behind Byfuglien in WPG. So I think it's partly a change in perception of who he is supposed to be and what he's good at. There's no point torturing ourselves about the money at least until 2024-25. It's spent. When he plays like last night, he's the fucking boss man back there and that is of primo value in the playoffs. More please.

He makes a lot of mistakes with the puck and is caught out of position way too often. He's not the puck-moving PP QB he was billed as - supposedly only held back by being behind Byfuglien in WPG. So I think it's partly a change in perception of who he is supposed to be and what he's good at. There's no point torturing ourselves about the money at least until 2024-25. It's spent. When he plays like last night, he's the fucking boss man back there and that is of primo value in the playoffs. More please.

Agreed, I was just addressing the "type" of player that Stevens was, 3-1...but I do see him taking charge with the younger guys, especially Miller.

When Trouba is the "Trouba I'd like to see", he plays like last night. That's the kind of shit I'd like to see Miller become as he grows. I wouldn't mind seeing K'Andre put on another 10-15 pounds of muscle. He'd be a freight train!

I don't think he gets picked on because he is a horrible player or anything. I think he brings some things to the team that we need. But he is a 2nd pairing defenseman who isn't very good offensively, which is fine, but it's just not worth 8 mill is all. We also traded a 1st to even get him.

Link:

Looks like Kravtsov, Jones and Lafreniere are getting a look on the powerplay.

Even if they start the game like that they will get 13 seconds off pp time and then Quinn will change it. Nothing to get excited over.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I have no issue with Blackwell, as a matter of fact, he's been probably one of the best Value/adds I've seen us pick up in recent memory. I nicknamed him "Scrappy", because (1) he plays that way, and (2) we basically picked him off the scrap heap.

Because he's on a 50 point/82 game pace.

Good for him, but he's not creative and he has no future with the team. This question has been asked for 40-some-odd-games at this point but why not have Strome or Zib as the 2nd unit center? I mean it doesn't take that big of a brain to realize Zib and Panarin play the same PP role, so why not put one on PP1 and the other on PP2? Why not give Chytil a chance now that the season is over?

There are a million better options than Blackwell who has 5 powerplay points in his career (and of course, no long term future)

Good for him, but he's not creative and he has no future with the team. This question has been asked for 40-some-odd-games at this point but why not have Strome or Zib as the 2nd unit center? I mean it doesn't take that big of a brain to realize Zib and Panarin play the same PP role, so why not put one on PP1 and the other on PP2? Why not give Chytil a chance now that the season is over?

There are a million better options than Blackwell who has 5 powerplay points in his career (and of course, no long term future)

You're not wrong. But this team was also trying to make the playoffs.

We'll see what happens once they're eliminated.

The PP was 7th last year. In the last 5 and a half weeks since Panarin came back the PP is 5th in the league. Seems like some pretty strong evidence that Strome, Zib, and Panarin on the same unit works well and produces fantastic results.

The PP was 7th last year. In the last 5 and a half weeks since Panarin came back the PP is 5th in the league. Seems like some pretty strong evidence that Strome, Zib, and Panarin on the same unit works well and produces fantastic results.

Top 5 is pretty good for something that's not working and takes so much criticism. Imagine if they were to shoot the puck more often at times but in general the results especially the last 5-6 weeks is fine. I don't see the intense need to play the 2nd PP unit anymore then they are now based on the actual results, but that's just me.

I mean, there’s no space in the top-9. Gauthier isn’t a 4th line plug. At least Howden and Rooney kill penalties

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Do they? They were on for both goals against including the PK goal against. Howden and Rooney don't actually do much of anything. Howden has 1 goal this year and it was into an empty net. Rangers clearly don't care about 4th line roles as Kravstov is on the 4th. It's nothing other than an insult at this point that Howden is playing wing over Gauthier. On any other team, I'd say you're right. He doesn't fit that 4th line role. But neither does Kravstov. And neither does Howden.

I'm not sure if the Rangers will protect him: Here's the scoop on Expansion protection: http://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

Current NHL teams can protect seven forwards, three defensemen and one goalie, or eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goalie, under the following conditions.

* All players with no movement clauses at the time of the draft, and who decline to waive those clauses, must be protected and will be counted toward their team's applicable protection limits.

* All first- and second-year professionals, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.

How do you think we play this one??

Do they? They were on for both goals against including the PK goal against. Howden and Rooney don't actually do much of anything. Howden has 1 goal this year and it was into an empty net. Rangers clearly don't care about 4th line roles as Kravstov is on the 4th. It's nothing other than an insult at this point that Howden is playing wing over Gauthier. On any other team, I'd say you're right. He doesn't fit that 4th line role. But neither does Kravstov. And neither does Howden.

Oh no, they gave up a goal on the PK.

The PK has been top 5 in the league all season. Buch and Zib kill ~46% of the time and Howden and Rooney kill ~39% of the time. Seems like they're pretty successful.