Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    3 games. 3 D paring changes. Nice.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    I think Miller may be the best partner for Trouba right now, so I'm good with that. That 3rd pairing gives me the "willies" though. I wouldn't mind seeing what Hajek has in the tank back there on pair #3.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I think Miller may be the best partner for Trouba right now, so I'm good with that. That 3rd pairing gives me the "willies" though. I wouldn't mind seeing what Hajek has in the tank back there on pair #3.
    I'd like to see what Anthony Bitetto can do as well.. I can't imagine it being much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    I'd like to see what Anthony Bitetto can do as well.. I can't imagine it being much worse.
    I think our top 4 are fine, Flynn...as long as Trouba can get his head out of his ass....which I feel he will eventually. I'm also ok with ADA on the 3rd pair, but he would need a partner who can cover his ass...either that, or maybe D'Angelo can learn how to play defense better....which I was kinda hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I think our top 4 are fine, Flynn...as long as Trouba can get his head out of his ass....which I feel he will eventually. I'm also ok with ADA on the 3rd pair, but he would need a partner who can cover his ass...either that, or maybe D'Angelo can learn how to play defense better....which I was kinda hoping for.
    I'm with you, I think Trouba needs a partner more than anything.. Let him work with the guy, play him with Miller, give it 10 games and reevaluate. I think all these guys are guessing on what's happening from shift to shift.. ADA and Smith might be the best option for the 3rd pair?

Makes sense. Anyone who managed to play 51 games in the NHL last year at least deserves consideration over Johnson.

As for ADA, I really don't agree with the 2d scratch, it's making too big of a deal of his little fit and it risks triggering a real regression on his part after such a long term gradual improvement in his behavior. I also don't want to squelch his emotions, because they can be a positive. Watching a game last year from second row from the glass, I could see that ADA gets under the skin of opponents and has a positive impact on his teammates.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    he's got to play 19 games if they plan on exposing him in the expansion draft , so you would think he's probably going to get those games along the way.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Bad. Smith deserves to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Bad. Smith deserves to play.
    Hey Pete, maybe we can play Smith at wing!! LOL

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Oh look Lindgren and Fox back together. Leave it alone and stop fucking with what works Quinn

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Smith should play over Johnson.
    Why can't Quinn let guys get use to playing with the same line mates and defensive partners so they can form some continuity?????

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/sta...89223268769795

Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    Smith should play over Johnson.
    Why can't Quinn let guys get use to playing with the same line mates and defensive partners so they can form some continuity?????
    The lines at practice are meaningless. We all know the Rangers will either take a penalty or get scored on in the first minute of the game and the lines will be chaos after that.

I still can't believe how much ice time Howden got last night through two periods and why Kakko and Chytil simply didn't play until the 3rd. I also don't get why Lafreniere saw less ice in the 3rd. It's not that hard to just roll the lines and skip the 4th line every other rotation. I understand Lemieux had a good game, but he simply doesn't score goals.

This shuffling of Howden up, Chytil down, Lemiuex up, Kakko down, Kakko up, Lafreniere down just makes no fucking sense to me at all. Leave the lines alone and skip the 4th line if you need goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    The lines at practice are meaningless. We all know the Rangers will either take a penalty or get scored on in the first minute of the game and the lines will be chaos after that.

I still can't believe how much ice time Howden got last night through two periods and why Kakko and Chytil simply didn't play until the 3rd. I also don't get why Lafreniere saw less ice in the 3rd. It's not that hard to just roll the lines and skip the 4th line every other rotation. I understand Lemieux had a good game, but he simply doesn't score goals.

This shuffling of Howden up, Chytil down, Lemiuex up, Kakko down, Kakko up, Lafreniere down just makes no fucking sense to me at all. Leave the lines alone and skip the 4th line if you need goals.
    You mean like a normal team does?

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    If Miller, ADA and Fox are in the lineup, that pretty much guarantees Johnson will be playing. He was brought in strictly to PK. Unfortunately, he's had to play more due to the lack of defense from defensemen.

Rangers fans see 2 things - scoring and hits. If you are scoring, you better be hitting. They need that visual aspect look at people complaining about Kakko the last 2 games, for example. He played good hockey, but he's been anointed the worst player ever because someone in his draft class got #1 minutes. Johnson is average 17 minutes a game, and for the most part, you dont notice him. But, you can go on twitter and find a picture where the forward didnt go to the net for a deflection and blame Johnson for missing the net.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    If Miller, ADA and Fox are in the lineup, that pretty much guarantees Johnson will be playing. He was brought in strictly to PK. Unfortunately, he's had to play more due to the lack of defense from defensemen.

Rangers fans see 2 things - scoring and hits. If you are scoring, you better be hitting. They need that visual aspect look at people complaining about Kakko the last 2 games, for example. He played good hockey, but he's been anointed the worst player ever because someone in his draft class got #1 minutes. Johnson is average 17 minutes a game, and for the most part, you dont notice him. But, you can go on twitter and find a picture where the forward didnt go to the net for a deflection and blame Johnson for missing the net.
    Yeah. Agree. Kakko was good last night to start the game. He had the puck on his stick. His line was in the offensive zone on every shift and then simply didn't play in the second and half the 3rd period. Yes, he's "invisible." Because he's on the bench. Not on the 2nd PP unit. And getting the minutes of a 4th line player.

Someone also tweeted JJ skating backwards and was like "look, this guy sucks" but in the clip, JJ still got to the puck first... so I'm not really sure what the point was. Johnson got a raw deal because EVERYONE said he sucks before he even put on the jersey. So now, if he makes a single mistake, it's on twitter instantly.

I honestly didn't notice Johnson last night or the night before -- which is good.

I noticed Strome. I noticed Georgiev. I noticed Howden and Lemieux on the ice every other shift --- playing BOTH powerplay and pk when guys like Chytil, Buch, Kakko, and Lafreniere can't seem to find ice time.

They didn't lose either game because of Johnson. Poor goaltending cost them both games.
    Still Smith is playing better than Johnson and deserves to be in the lineup more.

Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    They didn't lose either game because of Johnson. Poor goaltending cost them both games.
    Still Smith is playing better than Johnson and deserves to be in the lineup more.
    Smith has been surprisingly effective.

He's in the last year of his contract as well....amazing how that happens to some guys, 3-1!! LOL

Senior Member Junior Division
    Agreed. Johnson hasn't been bad or good. IMO if someone should take a seat, its Miller..

DeAngelo-Trouba
    Lindgren- Fox
    Johnson-Smith

You just signed DeAngelo to a big contract. You gotta have him in the line up. The Devils just spanked you. Your PP STINKS. Your defense STINKS. This team has been playing with little edge. Get one of your better energy and offensive players back in the lineup and stop juggling the lines so frikken much.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast