Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    So after one terrible game where everybody sucked, moved Gauthier who was our most effective player to the 4th line, moved our #1 overall pick to his offside, moved our #2 overall pick to the 3rd line and off the PP, and created the worst D pairings imaginable. I've had it with this guy.
    I'm starting to lean this way too. Instead of handling the youngsters with kid gloves, he's just being reactionary and irrational.

Why do I feel like DeAngelo is going to be forced off this team while Jack frikken Johnson can skate by without criticism and probably wind up on the top pair? DeAngelo shows fire and is punished for it. Johnson sucks and sucks bad, but he's not talked about by the coach as a problem.

How about doing something real ballsy and call out this teams leadership? Demote Kreider to the 4th line. Put Trouba on the 3rd pair. I don't know if this is some weird Rangers playbook, but why do they always instantly react and demote young players only? Your team has played this uninspired shit hockey since the pandemic season continued. None of your star/top players have played with ANY spark. Take THEM to the task. Not your youngsters who are taking in this shit energy brought forth by the veterans. But you're going to make an example of the one guy who displays energy and displeasure.

Maybe Quinn ISNT the guy for the job.
    Whos out there?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I'm gonna go back on my bold prediction (which I've already forgotten) and say that I think Jacob Trouba is gonna be the next captain and I think he'll be named before the season's end.

DQ raved about him last night. Alluded to him speaking up between games and then leading by example on the ice. He jumped in to keep Lindgren from getting beaten to a pulp. He threw his body around. He looks much more comfortable overall. Not to mention he's got a long term contract. Seems like a he's got a shot.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Smith and Miller was a solid pair. 2 Wisconsin guys together, they probably get along. Hopefully JJ comes out for Tony when he's back.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I'm gonna go back on my bold prediction (which I've already forgotten) and say that I think Jacob Trouba is gonna be the next captain and I think he'll be named before the season's end.

DQ raved about him last night. Alluded to him speaking up between games and then leading by example on the ice. He jumped in to keep Lindgren from getting beaten to a pulp. He threw his body around. He looks much more comfortable overall. Not to mention he's got a long term contract. Seems like a he's got a shot.
    I mean it would sort of make sense but he sucked in the first game and got owned by our rival's captain so i'd hope shit like that stops first.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Jack down on one knee looking to block the PK cross-ice passes in front of the net is frightful. I thought that kind of stuff was left in pee-wee play? NHL level? Makes me very nervous.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I mean it would sort of make sense but he sucked in the first game and got owned by our rival's captain so i'd hope shit like that stops first.
    In all fairness, who didn't suck and get owned in that first game though.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Jack down on one knee looking to block the PK cross-ice passes in front of the net is frightful. I thought that kind of stuff was left in pee-wee play? NHL level? Makes me very nervous.
    I'm pretty sure that the analytics people have concretely said that blocking passes by taking the one-knee approach is asking for unnecessary randomness.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    The right call imo.

It is, although I’ll miss my boy. I wouldn’t have minded him in instead of JJ though

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    It is, although I’ll miss my boy. I wouldn’t have minded him in instead of JJ though
    Soon.

Senior Member Junior Division
    When does Kakko year 2 morph into Svechnikov year 2?

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    When does Kakko year 2 morph into Svechnikov year 2?
    In year 5

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    In year 5
    Exactly!! ...after we trade him for a water bottle!!

Even Leon Draisaitl had a rough beginning first year 37 games nine points,second year 19 goals ,51 points

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    Even Leon Draisaitl had a rough beginning first year 37 games nine points,second year 19 goals ,51 points
    Yeah, we gotta give these kids some time to mature. I mean, these kids are only 19 and a lot of them are barely 20! I didn't even have a favorite chair yet at 20!!!

This team is going to be in great shape moving forward...especially after this season's dead cap dollars falling off. I trust JD and Gorton with everything and they seem to have a good grasp on where we're going. ...just gotta stay the course and make some good decisions along the way. We'll get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Yeah, we gotta give these kids some time to mature. I mean, these kids are only 19 and a lot of them are barely 20! I didn't even have a favorite chair yet at 20!!!

This team is going to be in great shape moving forward...especially after this season's dead cap dollars falling off. I trust JD and Gorton with everything and they seem to have a good grasp on where we're going. ...just gotta stay the course and make some good decisions along the way. We'll get there!
    That's why I'm not worried about DQ , he fucks up one too many times JD will be in his ass

He likely wouldn't reup since we cant afford him really past this year, but I wonder if it wouldn't be the worse thing to bring in Laine for ADA + (obviously + but if they were reasonable about it). ADA just isn't going to end up here long term, a fellow Fin wouldn't be the worst thing for Kakko to have and learn from even if it's just for one year, and we instantly are eons better since we do have enough other PP options D wise for this season. It would likely take a little cap wiggle room on our part of around 2m i think?

He likely wouldn't reup since we cant afford him really past this year, but I wonder if it wouldn't be the worse thing to bring in Laine for ADA + (obviously + but if they were reasonable about it). ADA just isn't going to end up here long term, a fellow Fin wouldn't be the worst thing for Kakko to have and learn from even if it's just for one year, and we instantly are eons better since we do have enough other PP options D wise for this season. It would likely take a little cap wiggle room on our part of around 2m i think?
    I can totally deal with dealing from a strength, Keirik. I'm not the biggest advocate of ADA to begin with, but objectively speaking, he would be a benefit to a team that needs a PP defenseman. I think you're referencing Buchnevich above, and I agree. We could most likely fill a big hole at center by dealing away ADA and Buchnevich...especially in a package deal.

If we're going to pay a $5+ million/year salary, I'd rather it be a young, gritty two-way center that can win faceoffs. We have our superstar wingers in Lafreniere, and I also think Kakko is going to be the real deal once he matures a little more. So adding a Laine to the mix would be a pretty good shot in the arm.

If not a center, the math might be pretty close for a resign of Laine too; ADA makes $4.8 mil and Buch may get up to $4.5 - $5 million depending on what he does the rest of the way. Laine is at $6.75 mil, and may command up to $10mil, so it's not too much of a gap. Maybe I'm low balling Laine....I dunno.

The trick is going to be how to resign Zibby, but we also have an ass load of dead cap coming off the books after this season. Brendan Smith, and Johnson also comes off which equates to about $14.5 million.

...after that it's a few RFA's (Chytil, Lindgren, Shesty, Hajek), and then we'd be in decent shape going forward. But it might be able to work, to keep Laine....maybe!!

I'm glad I don't have to juggle this shit!!! I'm lucky I can follow a shopping list in the store!!!
    Last edited by Ozzy; 01-19-2021 at 03:53 PM.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast