Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    I don’t think they expected the D corps to be this solid (season, not tonight)
    Miller, Lindgren, Fox exceeding expectations. Johnson, Deangelo gone. Even Smith is serviceable.

If the offense wasn’t all Panarin, they’d be in a spot

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I don’t think they expected the D corps to be this solid (season, not tonight)
    Miller, Lindgren, Fox exceeding expectations. Johnson, Deangelo gone. Even Smith is serviceable.

If the offense wasn’t all Panarin, they’d be in a spot
    That’s part of it for sure. I just also think this year really should have been set higher. When u see Panarin day in and day out last year and even Fox, I’m surprised they didn’t say “you know, this is sped up a lot with these guys being who they are” and maybe actually set the bar just a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    That’s part of it for sure. I just also think this year really should have been set higher. When u see Panarin day in and day out last year and even Fox, I’m surprised they didn’t say “you know, this is sped up a lot with these guys being who they are” and maybe actually set the bar just a bit higher.
    Fox barely played on the PK last season, and was on PP2.
    Now he’s just amazing

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Fox barely played on the PK last season, and was on PP2.
    Now he’s just amazing
    I think it was kind of obvious last year though that Fox had a certain something and was expected to do even better this year. He started the year right away as the first pairing

HNIC BSBH Legend
    There is a bit different something though when a team says publicly playoffs is a goal of the year and privately saying so. Especially when you consider our gm took out a page in the daily news previously to say he’s selling off familiar faces lol
    Let's be clear, nobody ever said that playoffs were not a goal. All that was said is that playoffs were not mandated for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Let's be clear, nobody ever said that playoffs were not a goal. All that was said is that playoffs were not mandated for success.
    I think most mean expectation rather than goal.

My goal is to make a billion dollars this year. But my expectation is slightly less.

You don’t think you’re nitpicking my words a bit? I’m not going to go back through preseason pressers but I remembering either JD or Gorton being asked if playoffs was something expected for this year. To make it clear, I think it was wrong to answer “not necessarily “ or whatever the wording exactly was, especially how difficult it is to actually win once u get to the playoffs.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    You don’t think you’re nitpicking my words a bit? I’m not going to go back through preseason pressers but I remembering either JD or Gorton being asked if playoffs was something expected for this year. To make it clear, I think it was wrong to answer “not necessarily “ or whatever the wording exactly was, especially how difficult it is to actually win once u get to the playoffs.
    Words matter, and you're the one nitpicking JD words LOL!

Here's the quote.

Predictably, Davidson stopped short of a playoff mandate. He and Gorton will continue to preach growth and patience for what should be one of the youngest rosters in the NHL.
    "That's what you set your sights on — to get into the big dance," Davidson said. "If we do that, that'll be really good for the organization for a number of different reasons."
    "There's no question (the playoffs are) a goal," he added. "I personally feel that when you get into the build situation, you need to hang your hat on something when you’ve finished the season as you move forward to become a champion. And if this club — in this division — makes the playoffs, that'll be an accomplishment."
    https://amp.lohud.com/amp/4108550001

All they're saying is the season isn't a failure if they don't make the playoffs, just because they went to the play in last year.
    Last edited by Pete; 04-07-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Moderator Bantam Division

Here's the quote.

All they're saying is the season isn't a failure if they don't make the playoffs, just because they went to the play in last year.
    Yeah, this whole construct is a bit of a straw man that some may - consciously or not, lol - actually want as a pass/fail grade for Quinn, since passing has always been an unlikelyoutcome.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Here's the quote.

And that's what I disagree with. I'm not seeing why my opinion is a big deal. I think if you stop short if saying you expect to play playoff hockey this year, you set the bar lower than necessary and it can sometimes reflect on the ice.

Banned Junior Division
    On what should Quinn be judged? Talent has been added to the team every year but the results are the same...no playoffs, no progress. Is next year the make or break year for Quinn?

Didnt see this mentioned yet so
    Rangers roll up their sleeves for COVID-19 vaccinations

New York Rangers
    As the public health situation worsens for NHL teams located north of the border, another U.S.-based organization has reached the finish line — or at least a highly important checkpoint — in this pandemic season.

The New York Rangers apparently cancelled practice on Wednesday to allow players and staff members to roll up their sleeves for the COVID-19 vaccination.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/it-app...172821471.html

Banned Junior Division
    Great. Im due for my second shot next week.

#68 Яромир Ягр BSBH Prospect
    lmao coaches running a real tough practice out there.

Senior Member Mite Division MuddyInTheMiddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post

Wow. All that was missing from that video was a round of sharks & minnows.

Does this include Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post

Extras and those not getting the vaccine?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I have had my second shot and have notified the Rangers that I am available to sit in the press box and come down as an emergency goaltender, if necessary. I can also drive a Zamboni, respond to fan mail addressed to players, and perform many other miscellaneous tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I have had my second shot and have notified the Rangers that I am available to sit in the press box and come down as an emergency goaltender, if necessary. I can also drive a Zamboni, respond to fan mail addressed to players, and perform many other miscellaneous tasks.
    drive a zamboni? that gives me an idea

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    You just made DiGuiseppe, and Howden insignificant, Sod !!!

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast