• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

No Toughness?

Lord Al

My guess is he bitched the whole way to the box and then slammed the door on top of that which rightly or wrongly does sound that much louder with nobody in the building. Clearly DQ was bothered by the additional penalty and if he thought ADA was royally fu*ked by a bad call (slamming the door) there I doubt he would've come down on him as hard as he did today by having him skate with the JV. I mean he specifically called him out for the undisciplined penalty.

IDK Ozzy, he slammed the door ?!?!?!? This one on the refs being overly sensitive he's pissed can't call that.

If I had to bet, Paddy...I think he probably had some choice words for the ref. Bullshit call, I hear ya...but I'll guess there's probably more to it than just a slam of the bench door. LOL

I dont really mind it however I guess it might be better to have warnings. You want to call the one on ADA I wont eat your lunch for it. However, what's the point of promoting a season of rivalries and playoff like environment then give Lemieux a penalty for getting punched in the face? Takes away the point. He get under the skin of the Islanders thrn got penalized for generating a reaction.

Seemed way over the top there.

Yea the Lemiuex one was bad.

ADA, the minor is the warning. Next time it's a misconduct, probably. My issue is that a minor punishes the team (they have to PK), and the misconduct punishes the player. That's just making ADA a target in the room. Give him the 10 and let him sit.

Yea the Lemiuex one was bad.

ADA, the minor is the warning. Next time it's a misconduct, probably. My issue is that a minor punishes the team (they have to PK), and the misconduct punishes the player. That's just making ADA a target in the room. Give him the 10 and let him sit.

I mean I’ve seen Marchand lick people but #thecup so it’s okay and cool but in 21 when the nhl makes u play nothing but rivals you’ll call Lemieux for that? Weak. And will be a long season for us if that shit gets called since we don’t have much else in terms of grit and vinegar

Some of us have been asking for the team to be tough to play against (not to be confused with fighters) for years. Team is still rebounding from the [soft] AV years. To go along with that, their 1 prospect with spunk is gone, and the next 3 top 10 picks were skilled forwards that are still teenagers.

Different kind of toughness, but holy shit with Lemieux and those blocked shots. Had a nice drive to the net in the 3rd as well. Glad he got more ice time after that as a reward. O honestly think he's very under rated all around. Especially offensively. More of this guy please.

Lemeiux scored 1000 points in a lot of folks hearts with those blocked shots, and spunky play. The kid's got heart, and is playing with it on his sleeve, and that goes a long way in this town. He's a solid 4th liner, and we're going to need that down the road.

Lemeiux scored 1000 points in a lot of folks hearts with those blocked shots, and spunky play. The kid's got heart, and is playing with it on his sleeve, and that goes a long way in this town. He's a solid 4th liner, and we're going to need that down the road.

The Lemieux that showed up in the last 40 minutes of the Devils game is a Lemieux that can play on any line on my team. You kind of forget that he was a borderline 1st round player for more than being a pain in the ass sometimes.

If he wants to start being less of a Patrick Kaleta and more of - for lack of a better comparable - his dad? Fine by me. I'll look forward to it.

The Lemieux that showed up in the last 40 minutes of the Devils game is a Lemieux that can play on any line on my team. You kind of forget that he was a borderline 1st round player for more than being a pain in the ass sometimes.

If he wants to start being less of a Patrick Kaleta and more of - for lack of a better comparable - his dad? Fine by me. I'll look forward to it.

He's not his dad. Claude was skilled, but at times settled into the Avery role. Brendan has worse hands and feet, in a faster, more skilled NHL.

Sure, he could be a complimentary player, a poor-mans Kreider, in the right situation. But that situation isnt playing on the PP over Lafreniere and Kakko. You need to first get those 2 going on the PP before you mix in a Lemieux. Again, complimentary. Not someone you build around. But he doesnt compliment anything right now because those players he could compliment arent getting a chance. So you just have Hollweg out there running around, essentially.

He's not his dad. Claude was skilled, but at times settled into the Avery role. Brendan has worse hands and feet, in a faster, more skilled NHL.

Sure, he could be a complimentary player, a poor-mans Kreider, in the right situation. But that situation isnt playing on the PP over Lafreniere and Kakko. You need to first get those 2 going on the PP before you mix in a Lemieux. Again, complimentary. Not someone you build around. But he doesnt compliment anything right now because those players he could compliment arent getting a chance. So you just have Hollweg out there running around, essentially.

Honestly didn't want to say Avery. Lack of a better comparable is a real thing here (and Brendan was and still is pretty frequently compared to his dad with regard to play style, even if his dad was more skilled offensively).

I'm not saying he's going to be a 25/25 guy who anchors your PP1 from the front of the net. I'm saying that he can be more than a Hollweg/Kaleta/JAG if he plays like he did against the Devils with consistency. Stuff like that - blocking shots, making defenders think twice, getting in deep and digging pucks out - that's real value for a player like him to provide.

Honestly didn't want to say Avery. Lack of a better comparable is a real thing here (and Brendan was and still is pretty frequently compared to his dad with regard to play style, even if his dad was more skilled offensively).

I'm not saying he's going to be a 25/25 guy who anchors your PP1 from the front of the net. I'm saying that he can be more than a Hollweg/Kaleta/JAG if he plays like he did against the Devils with consistency. Stuff like that - blocking shots, making defenders think twice, getting in deep and digging pucks out - that's real value for a player like him to provide.

In my opinion this has been the problem, no? Guy shows up for 5 games a season to play like that. Is pretty much invisible the rest of the way.

While agree that those players should be getting PP time over him, I gotta say he's waaay more than a Hollweg. He has hockey smarts and scoring abilities. Not just some dope who can skate into people. Ughh I hated Hollweg. Can we settle more on a Todd Harvey comparison over that POS?

While agree that those players should be getting PP time over him, I gotta say he's waaay more than a Hollweg. He has hockey smarts and scoring abilities. Not just some dope who can skate into people. Ughh I hated Hollweg. Can we settle more on a Todd Harvey comparison over that POS?

Hollweg was a terrible hockey player and I am by no means saying we should strive to have players like that on this team. But when he was here he would start throwing big energy hits and the team would start buzzing after that and I think that is something this current team needs very badly. Too many passengers and not enough guys going out there and doing the dirty work.

Well yeah, but there's no hitting in the NHL, anymore. Any big collisions are entirely accidental. The shift from only 5-6 years ago is incredible, and it's not coming back, it's been almost entirely removed from youth hockey, so the change is systemic and forever.

Well yeah, but there's no hitting in the NHL, anymore. Any big collisions are entirely accidental. The shift from only 5-6 years ago is incredible, and it's not coming back, it's been almost entirely removed from youth hockey, so the change is systemic and forever.

You?re right and I?m not expecting big open ice hits or anything but right now the only guy Really throwing body is trouba and he?s terrible at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk