• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The NEW Dinner Thread

4EverRangerFrank

Dry brine worked out amazing. Very recommended for grilled chicken breasts

I need you to lay this process on me this morning, thanks in advance.

Actually, I just watched the Ethan guy, holy fuck, what a nerd, but, I like what he's preaching.

I need you to lay this process on me this morning, thanks in advance.

Actually, I just watched the Ethan guy, holy fuck, what a nerd, but, I like what he's preaching.

Yeah is a total nerd. First time I saw his video I shut it off within seconds just because of how he looks lol.......but that dry brining video was a game changer for me. Don’t think I could ever go without the process anymore.

He does a similar video talking about dry brining the steak and says 2 hours was pretty good too if you don’t have all day to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
anyone have any knowledge or preference for olive oil?

We're fans of EDDA that we get at Teitel's on Arthur Ave - Bronx. (They have tremendous cheeses too - Prima Donna, the buffalo ricotta from Italy they get delivered during the week is pure food sex and their meats are delicious. Ask for Eddie - tell him Frank Auctioneer sent you.)

Many years back, I scammed our (wife, mother-in-law and me) way into the Fancy Food Show at Javit's Center using a tax ID from my antique car business. Unreal scene!! The Italian olive oil row was 50 yards long, the Spanish olive oil row was another 50 yards long...plus olive vendors, cheeses, breads...it was amazing and tasty as all get out. Samples galore too, EXCEPT when you went to leave, they must have pissed off the Electrical Union because those guys made you empty you samples into huge garbage pails on the way out. My mother in law was so pissed, she threw her bottle into the pail and made sure it broke a few other bottles. She cursed them out in Italian! That sucked not being able to take home all of that loot!

• Like 1

We're fans of EDDA that we get at Teitel's on Arthur Ave - Bronx. (They have tremendous cheeses too - Prima Donna, the buffalo ricotta from Italy they get delivered during the week is pure food sex and their meats are delicious. Ask for Eddie - tell him Frank Auctioneer sent you.)

Many years back, I scammed our (wife, mother-in-law and me) way into the Fancy Food Show at Javit's Center using a tax ID from my antique car business. Unreal scene!! The Italian olive oil row was 50 yards long, the Spanish olive oil row was another 50 yards long...plus olive vendors, cheeses, breads...it was amazing and tasty as all get out. Samples galore too, EXCEPT when you went to leave, they must have pissed off the Electrical Union because those guys made you empty you samples into huge garbage pails on the way out. My mother in law was so pissed, she threw her bottle into the pail and made sure it broke a few other bottles. She cursed them out in Italian! That sucked not being able to take home all of that loot!

Speaking of Arthur ave

Full moon pizza is the best slice in NYC hands down

And two doors over, Casa De Mozzarella has the best fresh mozzarella imaginable. So good that I actually do t really enjoy mozz from anywhere else anymore.

Woah that sounds awesome and prima Donna is my wife’s favorite cheese. We get it out here. Love how it crystallizes and gives it that extra zip. So good.

Speaking of Arthur ave

Full moon pizza is the best slice in NYC hands down

And two doors over, Casa De Mozzarella has the best fresh mozzarella imaginable. So good that I actually do t really enjoy mozz from anywhere else anymore.

Full Moon is legit! Love their pizza. Thx for tip on mozzarella I’ll get some next trip.

Teitel has truffle cheese that’s OMG good and you can never go wrong with the Grand Cru Parmesan.

teitelbros.com they do have mail order.

One dish I love making is chicken shawarma

Can’t make it as good as halal guys but I think mine is pretty good.

Cut up chicken thighs (or whatever meat you want, beef, lamb, etc)

Marinate for a few hours in olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne, cumin, coriander, salt pepper, and a dash of turmeric

If you got an instant pot, take it out and put all the meat in with between a half cup and a cup of chicken or veg broth. 25 minutes on regular pressure. Quick release is fine

For the ‘white sauce’

Half cup of Greek yogurt

Couple tablespoons of water

Tablespoon of vinegar

Dash of black pepper, parsley and garlic powder

Tiny dash of sugar

Squeeze of lemon juice

Pop that in the fridge for a while (preferably a while before you start cooking the chicken)

• 2 months later...

Well, my Weber SF was a bust. I've rebuilt it three times. It doesn't work, at a best case scenario, it's completely unreliable, which makes it a no-go for long cooks, particularly overnight.

The good news is that Weber has been great about it, they're forcing the dealer here to take it back and give me a credit. It's been an ordeal, but Weber will go to the wall for their customers, I really can't say enough good things about them.

However, I live in Canada, and we can't get anything here because we're essentially cold Romania, so I can't find what I really want which is the Weber Summit Kamado, so I'm picking up a Broil King Keg 5000 this morning. It's a compromise but whatever, I need some ribs and brisket.

One dish I love making is chicken shawarma

Can’t make it as good as halal guys but I think mine is pretty good.

Cut up chicken thighs (or whatever meat you want, beef, lamb, etc)

Marinate for a few hours in olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne, cumin, coriander, salt pepper, and a dash of turmeric

If you got an instant pot, take it out and put all the meat in with between a half cup and a cup of chicken or veg broth. 25 minutes on regular pressure. Quick release is fine

For the ‘white sauce’

Half cup of Greek yogurt

Couple tablespoons of water

Tablespoon of vinegar

Dash of black pepper, parsley and garlic powder

Tiny dash of sugar

Squeeze of lemon juice

Pop that in the fridge for a while (preferably a while before you start cooking the chicken)

Damn that made me want some right now. Great quick recipe right there. Thx.

• 5 months later...

Holiday time. Thinking of having my Jewish in laws over for Xmas (I’m Buddhist so don’t celebrate either) so the norm would be Chinese. Wonderi g if anyone has a good recipe for non pork Chinese, or even some good Italian food if we go that route. 

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Holiday time. Thinking of having my Jewish in laws over for Xmas (I’m Buddhist so don’t celebrate either) so the norm would be Chinese. Wonderi g if anyone has a good recipe for non pork Chinese, or even some good Italian food if we go that route. 

my wife makes this pretty frequently if you go the italian route. Might not be the same recipe but im sure it will get you there

https://cooktoria.com/roasted-pepper-vodka-sauce/#recipe

Roasted red pepper vodka sauce. serve it over pasta or make chicken parm using this as the sauce instead.

If you go the chinese food route, i've used this recipe before for Kung Pao Chicken

https://cafedelites.com/kung-pao-chicken/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

my wife makes this pretty frequently if you go the italian route. Might not be the same recipe but im sure it will get you there

https://cooktoria.com/roasted-pepper-vodka-sauce/#recipe

Roasted red pepper vodka sauce. serve it over pasta or make chicken parm using this as the sauce instead.

If you go the chinese food route, i've used this recipe before for Kung Pao Chicken

https://cafedelites.com/kung-pao-chicken/

That vodka sauce looks legit. I’m going to have to give that a go.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Keirik said:

So dinner for us since Christmas isn’t a huge deal probably is going to be roasted cauliflower and frosted flake chicken tenders with 5 diff sauces included a ketchup, honey mustard, bbq, teriyaki, and spicy garlic. 

excite!

That's totally awesome how you go full on adult with the cauliflower,  then go straight up little kid with the chicken tenders with ketchup. 

I don't mean that as an insult.  I have the diet of a 6 year old. I'd have frozen Jose Ole Mini Tacos, (with sour cream on the side along with ketchup mixed with hot sauce, which is a Tara inn recipe for their dipping sauce) for Christmas dinner if it were up to me. 

Love Chicky Nuggies. LOVE EM.

BTW,  what spicy garlic sauce you got going on? This shit is my go to. Pretty hot though 

spacer.png

Edited by The Dude
  • Thanks 1