Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The NEW Dinner Thread

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    I’ve been cooking since I was 14 so that’s over 30 years worth. I don’t need belle fresh specifically but we wanted to find a way for my wife to learn just freaking something. Woman can’t make cereal correctly. It’s just turned into me making them though lol but it definitely still helps in a busy world. Besides not being able to boil water she also doesn’t know how to make a freaking food decision ever.
    Instead of spending 30 minutes discussing what we are going to eat each day, now at least 3 of the days we have it all set. The Wednesday before after dinner we just look at the following week choices and decide “together” from the 30 or so choices.

Speaking of food prep and all that, I’m going to start dry brining my chicken breasts before making grilled chicken. I’ve also seen a tip I might try but unsure about using Mayo instead of olive oil to grill the chicken. Supposed to help with browning. Anyone ever try?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Mayo works great. just make sure its a thin coat.
    Chicken is becomes very tender and juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Iíve been cooking since I was 14 so thatís over 30 years worth. I donít need belle fresh specifically but we wanted to find a way for my wife to learn just freaking something. Woman canít make cereal correctly. Itís just turned into me making them though lol but it definitely still helps in a busy world. Besides not being able to boil water she also doesnít know how to make a freaking food decision ever.
    Instead of spending 30 minutes discussing what we are going to eat each day, now at least 3 of the days we have it all set. The Wednesday before after dinner we just look at the following week choices and decide ďtogetherĒ from the 30 or so choices.

Speaking of food prep and all that, Iím going to start dry brining my chicken breasts before making grilled chicken. Iíve also seen a tip I might try but unsure about using Mayo instead of olive oil to grill the chicken. Supposed to help with browning. Anyone ever try?
    Rebuild Mode.

Dry brine worked out amazing. Very recommended for grilled chicken breasts

Tonight is panko/frosted flake crusted chicken parmigiana. Don’t knock it, gives a nice twist and with the saltiness of the cheese, savory nature of the sauce, the added Frosted Flakes to the panko add a little something different. Definitely not traditional at all lol

Quick detour...Anyone watching Triple D Guy Fieri going back to spots he first visited years ago? Awesome how his original visit and subsequent broadcast really pushed already successful business further ahead. Damn nice to see. (For those of you in the Capital Region, I read he opened a 'virtual' restaurant site that does take-out only. A local kitchen in Cahoes (maybe) does the cooking of his recipes.) Anyone up there on to this?

Back to the thread, sorry 'bout that.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

The NEW Dinner Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Quick detour...Anyone watching Triple D Guy Fieri going back to spots he first visited years ago? Awesome how his original visit and subsequent broadcast really pushed already successful business further ahead. Damn nice to see. (For those of you in the Capital Region, I read he opened a 'virtual' restaurant site that does take-out only. A local kitchen in Cahoes (maybe) does the cooking of his recipes.) Anyone up there on to this?

Back to the thread, sorry 'bout that.
    As cheesy as it is sometimes I love that show. Was guy fieri for Halloween this year 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by So Nashty; 02-27-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Sounds like fun.

That show makes me ridiculously hungry though. Lol.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Wanna hear something depressing? One time we were in NYC my brother and the wives made me eat at Guy's restaurant. Holy fuck.

Actually, I owe that guy a lot for getting me interested in food, even if it's McDonald's on steroids.

I heard bad things about it but I usually don’t go to nyc often outside of going to games. Leave that for all the tourists lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Wanna hear something depressing? One time we were in NYC my brother and the wives made me eat at Guy's restaurant. Holy fuck.

Actually, I owe that guy a lot for getting me interested in food, even if it's McDonald's on steroids.
    Glad you had a good time.

We were heading there too - I think it was located just off B'way near Times Square - and we skipped it after reading a few health citation reviews. My wife would not go inside.

Did Pork Diablo during the 3rd period today. Another Chef John masterpiece. Incredibly easy, company worthy, and cost about $15 for 4 servings.

Did Pork Diablo during the 3rd period today. Another Chef John masterpiece. Incredibly easy, company worthy, and cost about $15 for 4 servings.
    Is there anyone else that you watch on YouTube? Lately Iíve been watching a few channels.
    Binging with babish. https://www.youtube.com/user/bgfilms
    SAM THE COOKING GUY https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbR...Zoz3rcf83nW5kw
    Ethan Clebowski ( he looks like a douche but watch his dry brine chicken vid and itíll change your life )
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDq...wkV5-ZBIJJFbzQ

Thanks for those, I'll check all of them out.

I'm historically a cookbook guy, and primarily, a BBQ guy. This actual, indoor, cooking is fairly new to me, so I don't have much to add.

Steven Raichlen got me started years ago, and remains my god.

HeyGrillHey is a good one.

GrillingWithDad is another good one.

Peeled and deveined a shit-ton of shrimp for whatever is coming tonight. I'm not on deck at the grille just a fork-in-hand spectator.

The best position to be

The best position to be
    My role these days: 1) wine-opener, 2) eater and 3) dishwasher.

My wife and son are at the helm these days planning, shopping and cooking. I make sure to voice vociferous approval.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345