• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Won't Name Captain; Zibanejad, Kreider, Trouba, Panarin Named Alternates

Phil

This. Let him have a few dominant seasons then we’ll talk.

Also I think naming a captain is over rated and I doubt the players give a shit

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Completely disagree; the captaincy is not a prize that you get for having the most points or the best CF%.

It should be given to the player that best commands the room, leads by example, and contributes in a significant way to the team's success. By that metric, from what has been spoken about behind the scenes, and what Trouba contributes, he certainly qualifies as a strong candidate.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naming a captain doesn’t matter if you have leaders.

This team doesn’t have a leader.

Yup...No marbles, baby!!! Where's Cerrano??? :rofl:

Not yet anyway!

We have more leadership guys on this forum than the fucking Rangers do!!!!

Exactly.

I didn’t think it was a big deal to not name a captain in 2014 following the Callahan trade simply because that locker room was littered with leaders. Richards, MSL, Nash, Girardi, etc.

This locker room has zero.

Yup...No marbles, baby!!! Where's Cerrano??? :rofl:

Not yet anyway!

We have more leadership guys on this forum than the fucking Rangers do!!!!

Alright, so we need a Cerrano...

Which Ranger is most likely to be practicing Caribbean Voodoo and needs to forsake his god to score goals?

Which Ranger is most likely to be practicing Caribbean Voodoo and needs to forsake his god to score goals?

I like the idea of bringing in a former captain of a team to show a guy like Laffy "the way", G man.

A bunch of the guys on here have mentioned players like O'Reilly, Getzlaf, and a couple others. That might be an avenue to go, whether the price or timing is right on those particular guys is still an unknown, but I'm sure there are a few that we don't even know about yet, that may make a good leader in NY for these upcoming guys like Fox, Laffy, and the rest.

Even if it's a short stay of a couple of years or so, I think the leadership impact they have on the kids may very well be more beneficial than anything they do on the ice. That's where I see Getzlaf as a pretty decent idea. If the guy can add some production, win important face offs that would be super, but I would want him to guide and teach the kids with his experience, attitude, and winning pedigree.

I really think there is a guy out there that can come in and "change the room" with his experience, kinda like when we brought Messier here back when. Ok, Mess still had a lot in the tank, but I don't think we'd bring in a fossil either. I think they're going to find the right pieces to get this fucker going in the right direction now....I'm just waiting for the shit to hit the fan over the summer.

It's probably going to be an active summer up here, man!! ;)

Georgiev

That guy looks weirder than Rick Nash during an interview.

Completely disagree; the captaincy is not a prize that you get for having the most points or the best CF%.

It should be given to the player that best commands the room, leads by example, and contributes in a significant way to the team's success. By that metric, from what has been spoken about behind the scenes, and what Trouba contributes, he certainly qualifies as a strong candidate.

Okay but giving a guy a letter because of where he was drafted accomplishes nothing either. Like any tittle, I think it should be earned. I believe he will get there personally but to give it to him now, I have to wonder for what? All it will do is put even more pressure on him and it won’t help the team.

Exactly. When someone steps up you give them the “c”. Otherwise it’s a pointless tradition.

I agree they need a leader. I didn’t see one last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk