Thread: Keith Yandle Available For Trade, Will Not Play For Panthers This Season

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

Keith Yandle Available For Trade, Will Not Play For Panthers This Season

The Florida Panthers have made the major decision to move away from one of their veteran leaders. Appearing on TSN’s “Insider Trading”, Frank Seravalli states that the Panthers have told Keith Yandle that he is not in their plans for this season. This appears to be a mere personnel choice for Florida and new GM Bill Zito, as Seravalli reports that he has simply “fallen out of favor”.

However, Yandle’s current contract – a seven-year, $44.5MM pact with three years remaining – contains a full No-Movement Clause. He cannot be placed on waivers without his permission, nor can he be traded without approving the deal. As a result, the only plan for now appears to be making him a healthy scratch. While this will sadly mean the end of Yandle’s NHL-best 866-game “iron man” consecutive games played streak, he will still be a member of the team getting paid in full for his (lack of) services. That clearly cannot last for the Panthers.
    https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021...is-season.html
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    He should just sit back and cash those checks while sitting by the pool, and say a big F U to the Panthers.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Wow...another one that I'm glad the Rangers didn't give a big contract to. This has the makings of an ugly situation. I wonder if he showed up to camp in just pure shit shape. Don't understand the timing of this at all otherwise.

//reported BSBH Prospect
    wtf happened?
    #imthebadguy

Senior Member Junior Division
    Weird decision. Hasn't he been pretty good for them?

that contract is tough and, on its last year, they will need to give Barkov a big raise but otherwise, it's not like they are going to be in cap trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    He should just sit back and cash those checks while sitting by the pool, and say a big F U to the Panthers.
    I'd be tempted to lol.

The team agreed to the contract, it's on them. Don't like it? don't give out full no-move clauses then, especially not to players you are telling to not even show up anymore

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    What a stupid decision to do right now with the season about to start. To announce it like this and announce they won't play him? How does that not handcuff the team and also a, very bad look considering his iron man streak?

Unless I'm missing something here and he in fact is having an affair with quenvilles daughter?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    What a stupid decision to do right now with the season about to start. To announce it like this and announce they won't play him? How does that not handcuff the team and also a, very bad look considering his iron man streak?

Unless I'm missing something here and he in fact is having an affair with quenvilles daughter?
    They're using the iron man streak as leverage. Waive the NTC, or don't play. It's shitty. He's played well for them.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They're using the iron man streak as leverage. Waive the NTC, or don't play. It's shitty. He's played well for them.
    Might have made sense to make this decision say, a month or two ago. Even though movement won have been slow, teams would probably have inquired,,like maybe a Boston.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I don't think this is all that surprising. I read somewhere that he was demoted to the 3rd pair in camp. Sounds like Q has no time for him.

Also, the way they're handling it, it sounds like something must have happened or else you'd think they just let him
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I don't think this is all that surprising. I read somewhere that he was demoted to the 3rd pair in camp. Sounds like Q has no time for him.

Also, the way they're handling it, it sounds like something must have happened or else you'd think they just let him
    Salary aside, there are gonna be worse guys to have on your third pair.

Even without this becoming public, it's hard to move that contract without taking one back. Now it'll be next to impossible to not take back a problem contract, let alone any value to help the organization

If I'm Yandle, I show up to practice every day. If they don't want you on the ice, you get in the weight room and keep being ready to play. Show up to any game in a suit and tie, ready to be a healthy scratch. Just don't give them a reason to say you are violating your contract.
    Last edited by BlairBettsBlocksEverything; 01-13-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Smith for Yandle?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'm curious as to why they are so down on him, as he got pretty universally good reviews last year. All this based on a poor 10 day training camp? Whatever. I'd only do Smith for Yandle with 50% retention on Yandle's contract. I think if he waived the NMC clause it would be waived for good, but I'm not sure about that.