• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#1) Rangers vs. New York Islanders // Release the Mantis!

Phil

The way Sheshty looks, you'd think the guy had played one game in the past 10 months and no meaningful training camp.

Johnson takes holding the stick penalty (the badge of the guy who can no longer keep up) on his first shift with the Rangers and the Islanders score on the power play.

On the Islanders' second goal, Miller had one of the worst shifts by a Rangers defenseman in memory, and I can remember Pat Price and Gilles Marotte. No, I'm not going to run him off after one terrible shift, but we have to have realistic expectations about this guy (which may not include a full year on the varsity).

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Sheshty looks, you'd think the guy had played one game in the past 10 months and no meaningful training camp.

Johnson takes holding the stick penalty (the badge of the guy who can no longer keep up) on his first shift with the Rangers and the Islanders score on the power play.

On the Islanders' second goal, Miller had one of the worst shifts by a Rangers defenseman in memory, and I can remember Pat Price and Gilles Marotte. No, I'm not going to run him off after one terrible shift, but we have to have realistic expectations about this guy (which may not include a full year on the varsity).

A pretty apt summary.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There was a long list of guys who played like shit, Igor at the top but he was hardly alone. To be expected? sure to a certain extent, but that was rather extraordinary. I mean we aren't the only team that hasn't played in forever and didn't play any exhibition games, had a short camp etc. We were terrible, can they pick it up, hopefully.

Please explain to me how Miller had one of the worst shifts by a Rangers defenseman in memory? It was a 2 on 1, he was taking the pass away, isn't that what they're suppose to do? Sure he could have been a little closer to Barzal to keep a little pressure on him but Shesterkin maybe could have been a little more aggressive to cut down the angle since the pass was being taken away.