• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buchnevich, Georgiev Among Players Poised to Break Out in 2020-21

fletch

Pavel Buchnevich

Scoop: It’s been a journey of fits and starts for Buchnevich, now entering his fifth season on Broadway. Whether it’s been a lack of opportunity or Buchnevich’s own doing, something has held him back from a starring role. He’s started training camp on the Rangers’ top line with Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider, and there’s so much talent up and down that lineup that if he doesn’t produce this season, he’ll have no one but himself to blame.

Alexandar Georgiev

Scoop: As Igor Shesterkin takes his rightful place as heir to King Henrik Lundqvist’s throne, Georgiev will take a back seat in one of New York’s famous yellow cabs. He will see plenty of action in a shortened season that will place a premium on teams that can turn to either netminder in a tandem. But Georgiev has shown little to suggest he isn’t ready for a full-time starting job, which makes him either an incredible trade chip for GM Jeff Gorton, or fodder for the Seattle Kraken in the Expansion Draft.

https://www.tsn.ca/10-nhl-players-poised-to-break-out-in-2020-21-1.1575459

They waived him today.

That doesn't mean he will be re-assigned. Players can be waived and held onto for, I think, up to 30 days before you are required to place them on waivers again if you wish to re-assign them during that time.

That doesn't mean he will be re-assigned. Players can be waived and held onto for, I think, up to 30 days before you are required to place them on waivers again if you wish to re-assign them during that time.
I know the rules, I'm pretty sure he's going to get claimed. Most likely by the Devils.

Thanks Pete, I thought Igor was exempt, meaning they could protect AG. With Kinkaid being waived just to be sent down unless claimed. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention over the summer when they signed KK.

Igor is exampt. Even if Kinkaid was claimed, I believe the Rangers would look to pick up someone else just for the purpose of exposing him. Don’t think they need to worry about it u til the end of the year iirc.

I’m no expert tho so correct me if I’m wrong someone

Igor is exampt. Even if Kinkaid was claimed, I believe the Rangers would look to pick up someone else just for the purpose of exposing him. Don?t think they need to worry about it u til the end of the year iirc.

I?m no expert tho so correct me if I?m wrong someone

Kind of where I was going here. Guy calls him out as setup for a possible breakout year making him a blue chip trade possibility or fodder for the expansion draft. Huge difference between the two if he does indeed do well.

When they signed him to a two year deal my guess is they envisioned keeping him especially at the low cost. I agree they would most likely look to bring in another guy they could expose if Kinkaid gets claimed at some point.

There are numerous guys like KK with NHL contracts they could pick up in order to protect Georgiev. Of course, it's a zero sum game with the guaranteed loss of one player. Losing Georgiev would mean keeping a skater who we might value more.

K?Andre good read. ?MADISON, Wisconsin -- K'Andre Miller, a sophomore defenseman for the Wisconsin Badgers' men's hockey team, has a star quality about him that is unmistakable, whether he's on the ice or off.

The New York Rangers noticed it, too. They took Miller with their second of three first-round picks in the 2018 NHL draft, at No. 22 overall, making him a key piece in the early stages of the team's accelerated rebuild.?

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27920003/kandre-miller-unique-path-becoming-top-rangers-blue-line-prospect

Buchnevich looked like a player who will never be anything more than a bumbling idiot in the playoffs. I would not be surprised to see him and DeAngelo dealt at the deadline in a package for a really good second center. Keep your eye on Hertl. San Jose stinks. Hertl if he's back from that knee with his high faceoff % and offense would be an ideal fit. He's also on a real good contract.

Buchnevich looked like a player who will never be anything more than a bumbling idiot in the playoffs. I would not be surprised to see him and DeAngelo dealt at the deadline in a package for a really good second center. Keep your eye on Hertl. San Jose stinks. Hertl if he's back from that knee with his high faceoff % and offense would be an ideal fit. He's also on a real good contract.

Do you think Buchnevich is good?

More Buchnevich love

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/30700540/nhl-power-rankings-final-preseason-edition-2021-season

'Reports from Rangers training camp are that Pavel Buchnevich, entering his fifth NHL season, is ready to take a leap. "The guy that's kind of jumping out to all of us is Buchnevich," coach David Quinn said. "I just love the way things are going for him."'