Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evander Kane Files for Bankruptcy with $26.8 Million in Debt

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    From what I've heard, he's actually a pretty good guy 99% of the time. In fact, somebody that played with him as a youth said he was an awesome kid.

He's obviously has a chip on his shoulder and that can be both a blessing, and a curse. I think like any many men, he's made some poor choices in women, coupled with an over bearing father, that pushed him to succeed, but was himself a bit of a loser. The family part is tough, and gambling is an evil all to itself.

Ultimately, if he can get this settled, he's still looking good to net millions of dollars.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Last edited by Keirik; 01-14-2021 at 12:00 AM.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Is it because the magic white privilege fairy stops by and teaches them to defer gratitude and save for the future?
    Or... due to institutional racism, there's less money and education in the Black community therefore there's less understanding of what to do with money, and fewer Black people people who can advise on what to do with money... amongst the group of people who don't trust white people... And add into the fact that part of institutional racism is white people not caring as much about Black people keeping their money as white people keeping their money.

I mean you didn't really think that predominantly Black sports had more instances of athletes not knowing what to do with their money just because their skin was Black did you? And predominantly white sports had athletes who were better with their money just because their skin was light, right?

Because that would be the real magic.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Lmao..yeah, instituional racism is why Kane blew through his millions in Vegas

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

Evander Kane Files for Bankruptcy with $26.8 Million in Debt

This could very well be the case ^ but in my experience financial literacy isn’t taught in most schools. Went to private schools basically from the 6th grade through high school and didn’t have one single class on how to manage money. Not to mention that money/time suck known as college. I took matters into my own hands and googled/read every book I could get on the matter.

I would say most people have poor financial literacy. Hell, I’m not an expert by any means but compared to some of my friends and family, a lot of whom make good money but have no idea how to handle it, I find myself giving out what I usually think is pretty basic advice often.

My parents were polish immigrants coming from communist Poland so they didn’t know any better to pass good info on- but you’d be amazed at some of the things parents teach their kids to do with money. One of my friends racked up credit card debt and school loan debt because his father suggested that once you declare bankruptcy all of that is forgiven and you can start over- since he’s young it wouldn’t hurt him in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Lmao..yeah, instituional racism is why Kane blew through his millions in Vegas
    That's not what I said, but keep purposefully misrepresenting my opinion, because that's an infraction.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    What does any of this at all have to do with Kane’s situation anyway?

Senior Member Midget Division
    @So Nashty - 100%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123