• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 Waiver Wire

Phil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kind of a weird one. 2nd year of a 5 year 5.8M deal put up 26 last season.

I'll say it. DeAngelo for Henrique? Henrique has 3 yrs after this at 5.8. He's good in the dot. He can score 20, and, ultimately, it's not much more than DeAngelo's cap hit. And he gives Lafreniere a vet C to play with. Move Chytil out to RW when he's back.

Laf - Henrique - Chytil.

Fuck no. Again, DeAngelo can be bought out for pennies. Why the hell would you take another year for a worse player at even more against the cap? Also, FUCK ADAM HENRIQUE FOREVER.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

2012 is dead and gone man.

He's a 20 goal center who is good at draws. How many of those are floating around, and how much do they cost?

2012 is dead and gone man.

He's a 20 goal center who is good at draws. How many of those are floating around, and how much do they cost?

It's not the way you want to get him because of the cost structures. He works out, awesome, but seeing as he's being waived off a team with serious issues akin to ours and he's signed for 2 more years past this one, he's falling into the buyer beware space.

It'd take a bit to really even this one out for me, even if it's ADA going the other way. That extra year is an actual issue.

It's not the way you want to get him because of the cost structures. He works out, awesome, but seeing as he's being waived off a team with serious issues akin to ours and he's signed for 2 more years past this one, he's falling into the buyer beware space.

It'd take a bit to really even this one out for me, even if it's ADA going the other way. That extra year is an actual issue.

It's actually 3 more years past this one, and I concede. The contract is too long. It might be different with retention, but not for the whole bill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Detroit svechnikov cleared. Surprised nobody nabbed him. Producing a bit, low paid RFA.

Feels like nobody’s getting claimed. Waivers helping roster management due to covid so maybe there’s some collusion among GMs?

Was thinking something like this aswell.

Just so many «good» players on waivers that some shit teams could use and afford (cap wise atleast).

I guess teams dont want to take risk with covid and everything, but its weird. Has there even been one player claimed?

Was thinking something like this aswell.

Just so many «good» players on waivers that some shit teams could use and afford (cap wise atleast).

I guess teams dont want to take risk with covid and everything, but its weird. Has there even been one player claimed?

Anton Forsberg is on his fourth team LOL.

There are just so many teams with negative or extremely limited cap space. So few teams are in any position where they want to add anything cap wise that includes a cap hit next year.

I am a little surprised in Schvenikov clearing. His cap is not bad and even though he has arbi rights next year, he’s not exactly producing at a point to demand anything. Young with top 6 scouting report talent. Surprised no one took a chance.