• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"No Question" Rangers to Check in on Pierre-Luc Dubois

LindG1000

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want this guy. What kind of character does this show? On our young team? No flippin way. Hard pass.
Yeah... after he seemed to say all the right things leading up to the season, his actions look pretty shitty. I thought he showed promise but probably not worth the risk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Same goes with fans.

Hard to blame Torts when you see a player completely quit on his team. People don't seem to get, at this level you're not playing for a coach, you're playing for the guys sitting next to you.

I don’t know. I think Torts, when he gets this way with a certain player or style, he is at a point where once he sees it then that’s it. I5 could be one shift. That player is done. We have seen it with Avery, Gaborik, I think Kreider at some point, now PLD, and I’m sure plenty of other guys I’ve forgotten.

They are both wrong. More so PLD because the coach tells you what to do. However, iirc, Torts is the one to make this public, and now we are at a point where everyone is looking for Torts to do this. But at this point, you are handcuffing your own team and gm.

It may only be 50-50 that Torts is longer of Columbus than PLD. It seems like Torts' expiration date in Columbus is about up. It's not just PLD. If you are Columbus management, how do you build when there are so many players who don't want to play for the coach?

I'm still in 2012-13 and thinking how dumb it was to try forcing Gabby to play Tort's game. Gabby was a not a malcontent. Quite the opposite really. He spent years playing under Jacques in a system that squelched his talents and he didn't complain.

It may only be 50-50 that Torts is longer of Columbus than PLD. It seems like Torts' expiration date in Columbus is about up. It's not just PLD. If you are Columbus management, how do you build when there are so many players who don't want to play for the coach?

I'm still in 2012-13 and thinking how dumb it was to try forcing Gabby to play Tort's game. Gabby was a not a malcontent. Quite the opposite really. He spent years playing under Jacques in a system that squelched his talents and he didn't complain.

I love Torts, but his coaching style has a shelf life. I agree with you. I think his time is running out in Columbus.

I don?t know. I think Torts, when he gets this way with a certain player or style, he is at a point where once he sees it then that?s it. I5 could be one shift. That player is done. We have seen it with Avery, Gaborik, I think Kreider at some point, now PLD, and I?m sure plenty of other guys I?ve forgotten.

They are both wrong. More so PLD because the coach tells you what to do. However, iirc, Torts is the one to make this public, and now we are at a point where everyone is looking for Torts to do this. But at this point, you are handcuffing your own team and gm.

Huh? Torts didn't make this public. It was leaked on Twitter.

There's just a lot of people in this thread (not you specifically) who haven't paid much attention to Torts in columbus and think he's NYR Torts. That's just inaccurate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tortorella-embraced-change-blue-jackets/sn-amp/

Torts has worked alot on becoming a players coach and it's well documented. For him to lose his shit like that, combined with the clip of PLD that was posted... It's pretty clear to my PLD is acting like a petulant child because he wants to play in a bigger market.

Sure, not every player is going to want to play for Torts, but acting like he's the same guy from 10 years ago is just disingenuous.

Players don't want to play in Columbus, this has been an issue long before Tortorella. But just because you don't want to play for a coach or in a city doesn't mean you quit like a whiny bitch.

Huh? Torts didn't make this public. It was leaked on Twitter.

There's just a lot of people in this thread (not you specifically) who haven't paid much attention to Torts in columbus and think he's NYR Torts. That's just inaccurate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-tortorella-embraced-change-blue-jackets/sn-amp/

Torts has worked alot on becoming a players coach and it's well documented. For him to lose his shit like that, combined with the clip of PLD that was posted... It's pretty clear to my PLD is acting like a petulant child because he wants to play in a bigger market.

Sure, not every player is going to want to play for Torts, but acting like he's the same guy from 10 years ago is just disingenuous.

Players don't want to play in Columbus, this has been an issue long before Tortorella. But just because you don't want to play for a coach or in a city doesn't mean you quit like a whiny bitch.

Torts making it public was just what I heard listening to Sirius the other day in an interview with one of their writers. Very well could be inaccurate. Regardless, he’s still been very publicly loud about it even moreso after the signing. Instead of just saying “no comment “ he says two games ago you’ll know when I bench someone...then goes out next game and benches him. Or he goes on a radio interview and publicly addresses PLD which handcuffs his team somewhat even more by adding fuel to it. Just unnecessary comments from a guy that we all know doesn’t give a flying fuck to help out the media or give them answers.

Torts has changed. He’s a better manager but he’s still Torts to some degree.

I will forever enjoy Torts. He is a breath of fresh air.

If I were the GM of his club I'd want to fire him at least once a week I'm guessing

Reminds me of Billy Martin! Remember those commercials with George Steinbrenner??? ;)

Torts making it public was just what I heard listening to Sirius the other day in an interview with one of their writers. Very well could be inaccurate. Regardless, he’s still been very publicly loud about it even moreso after the signing. Instead of just saying “no comment “ he says two games ago you’ll know when I bench someone...then goes out next game and benches him. Or he goes on a radio interview and publicly addresses PLD which handcuffs his team somewhat even more by adding fuel to it. Just unnecessary comments from a guy that we all know doesn’t give a flying fuck to help out the media or give them answers.

Torts has changed. He’s a better manager but he’s still Torts to some degree.

Gotcha. I just find it really hard to fault Torts for PLD's behavior.

You don't like your coach? You don't like your city? Ask for a trade, sure. Don't quit on your teammates.