• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"No Question" Rangers to Check in on Pierre-Luc Dubois

LindG1000

https://theathletic.com/2309307/2021/01/08/pierre-luc-dubois-trade/

New York Rangers: Eventually, I?m guessing next summer, the Rangers are going to get around to finding another top-6 centre for their talented lineup. Can you imagine if that?s Dubois? A 1-2 punch at centre of Mika Zibanejad and Dubois and all that talent on the wings? Yikes. There?s absolutely no question in my mind the Rangers will be among the many teams who check in with Columbus. The fly in the ointment is that Columbus ideally would rather avoid trading within their own (normal) division. So there?s that. But as far as a need and fit, this is a good one.

Probably stating the obvious, but there it is.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give 'em Lias Andersson, eh?

You are talking roster player Strome/Buch/Deangelo/Chytil

a top prospect Kravtsov/miller/lundkvist/Schneider

a b prospect Robertson/Pajuniemi/Jones/Henriksson

plus a 1st

So, the equivalent of 4 K'Andre Miller's for a guy that put up 10 less points than Strome last season?

the cost for PLD wont go up in the next few seasons. No need to make the move now. Wait until he whines about his next contract and see where the team is at that point.

Torts just just mentioned on Wednesday, 1/13, that DuBois wants out but doesn't know exactly why. Strome and Buch for the young padawan. Getter done.

Torts shoots straight, but I doubt Torts just goes out and gives the actual reason because I'm certain it's either team or city damaging.

I was initially skeptical, but I think a package that looks like the Nash deal would be mutually beneficial. Some of the suggestions made above are bit rich and some are unrealistically tight, but I think something can be worked out here, though I haven't really endeavored to figure out the cap implications.

I just get he sense that our quest for a good 2d center may turn out to be like the quest for the great white whale. We might as well bite the bullet and put the quest behind us. As many good young prospects we have on D and on the wings, we don't really have much at center in that regard. There will probably have to be ballsy trade at some point.

Give Alexis a fellow cheese eating surrender monkey to chill with.

And here I thought winter here in Minnesota is bad. Apparently nothing like winter in Columbus with Torts.

Chytil, Kravtsov, Jones and DeAngelo for Dubois. Get it done. Dubois will be a star here and his game is built for the playoffs. None of those 4 guys is a big part of this team going forward. Or top 2 lines wing wise will be set going forward.

If Buchnevich blows then Kravtsov is a very key part to our team going forward.

I was initially skeptical, but I think a package that looks like the Nash deal would be mutually beneficial. Some of the suggestions made above are bit rich and some are unrealistically tight, but I think something can be worked out here, though I haven't really endeavored to figure out the cap implications.

I just get he sense that our quest for a good 2d center may turn out to be like the quest for the great white whale. We might as well bite the bullet and put the quest behind us. As many good young prospects we have on D and on the wings, we don't really have much at center in that regard. There will probably have to be ballsy trade at some point.

Give Alexis a fellow cheese eating surrender monkey to chill with.

And here I thought winter here in Minnesota is bad. Apparently nothing like winter in Columbus with Torts.

The Nash deal might be a tad heavy value-wise. That was two young mid-six centers (Dubinsky, 25, and Anisimov, 23) - both of whom were coming off roughly .5 ppg seasons, plus a top prospect (Tim Erixon was probably a top 5 prospect in the system at the time), plus a 1st - and the return was a 27 year old coming off five straight 30+ goal seasons on a club that flat-out could not score outside of him. PLD is a center, and he's young - that certainly helps push his value.

I'd guess that in this sort of deal, Chytil is the centerpiece. The Rangers would probably want to deal a prospect from a place of strength, so I'd guess someone like Robertson goes. The first is non-negotiable here.

I do that. I don't love trading Chytil, but with the return being PLD, it's hard to complain.

CLB needs a 1C-like return for trading PLD. So, essentially, a huge overpayment, while filling their holes and helping their prospect pipeline.

And dont forget, Strome AND DeAngelo both outscored PLD last season.

CBJ are a team to watch. They're off to a poor start in a poor division, and might be like to blow it up - especially if they're right and truly fucked this season. Foligno is a classic rental piece, as is Riley Nash. David Savard probably fits that mold too. I'd imagine there would be good interest in someone like Boone Jenner or Max Domi too.

What's worse is that their defensive prospect cupboard is pretty much bare, and their offensive cupboard is pretty damn close to it. They've graduated the bigger names on offense, (Texier, Bemstrom, Foudy) with really just Marchenko and perhaps Chinakhov to go, and I think either of them is probably multiple years off.

We could just deal from the strength of our prospect pool and give them, say, Robertson, Kravtsov, Reunanen, and a 1st.

That probably puts three NHL-ready bodies on their team in October.