• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"No Question" Rangers to Check in on Pierre-Luc Dubois

LindG1000

Gotcha. I just find it really hard to fault Torts for PLD's behavior.

You don't like your coach? You don't like your city? Ask for a trade, sure. Don't quit on your teammates.

I just think Torts had a way to squash it a bit when PLD signed. He still wanted a trade and signed to help push a trade forward. Torts should right there have said no comment from that day forward. Don’t through gasoline on a fire that had sorta calmed down. Might be nitpicking though.

PLD should just keep his mouth shut and be the hard3st working player out there. Make himself more appealing to teams interested. This now is not a good look at all.

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think Torts had a way to squash it a bit when PLD signed. He still wanted a trade and signed to help push a trade forward. Torts should right there have said no comment from that day forward. Don’t through gasoline on a fire that had sorta calmed down. Might be nitpicking though.

PLD should just keep his mouth shut and be the hard3st working player out there. Make himself more appealing to teams interested. This now is not a good look at all.

Bingo, this is where my head is at. :cheers:

I just think Torts had a way to squash it a bit when PLD signed. He still wanted a trade and signed to help push a trade forward. Torts should right there have said no comment from that day forward. Don?t through gasoline on a fire that had sorta calmed down. Might be nitpicking though.

Does it work in Dubois? favor though? Now a team isn?t giving up as much to get him, depleting the roster he?s going to. Not saying that his thought process there though

Does it work in Dubois’ favor though? Now a team isn’t giving up as much to get him, depleting the roster he’s going to. Not saying that his thought process there though

Well, it only works out in his favor if Columbus gets to a point where they dump him regardless. If they are in a thought process of waiting for what they feel his worth is, they may just let him rot until someone finally steps up with a fair offer. The fact that the organ-eye-zation hasn't reigned in Torts public comments makes me think they are willing to let PLD rot as long as necessary and not rush into anything.

According to multiple sources, the Winnipeg Jets? package includes two players of their own who have requested trades ? Patrik Laine and Jack Roslovic (Roslovic, who is unsigned, is a Columbus native). Anaheim is believed to have significantly increased its offer. Calgary and Montreal are among the other interested parties, and there are undoubtedly more. (As I write this, it is not believed the Canadiens are willing to include Nick Suzuki, although what?s true now might not be true 10 minutes from now.)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/blue-jackets-aggressively-pursuing-pierre-luc-dubois-trade/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If they want prospect capital, there's nobody better positioned to deal that than the New York Rangers.

If they don't, then yeah, we aren't going to match a package like that, but holy fuck, do we ever need a C that's even remotely difficult to play against.