• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Reach Out to Brian Boyle as Potential Lineup Solution

Phil

Yeah, it does. We have lots of young guys that might project to the 4th line. Barron. Howden. Lemieux. Richards. Absolutely no interest in Boyle.

I have to think that if any of them are any good, Boyle likely wouldn't play.

If they can't win a draw, that's what Boyle is there for.

Plus you have to account for COVID related games missed. I don't see the harm in having him around.

Yeah, it does. We have lots of young guys that might project to the 4th line. Barron. Howden. Lemieux. Richards. Absolutely no interest in Boyle.

Taxi squad. It’s there for a reason. Plus he actually is a 4th liner with a professional pedigree a few of those talents could learn from.

I have to think that if any of them are any good, Boyle likely wouldn't play.

If they can't win a draw, that's what Boyle is there for.

Plus you have to account for COVID related games missed. I don't see the harm in having him around.

All of this. He is a good veteran presence also for that locker room. You lost 3 big leaders in that group, bringing in a spare who can also be a leader is a plus.

I keep forgetting about the Covid situation and how we should keep some depth players for the season. A one year deal, especially this year, for a guy with that kind of experience, and ability to fill a absolute NEED we have at center....I think you guys sold me on Boyle for this year.

Plus, Keirik is going to have some "happy dances" up here this year, after some Boyle games....and I'm not missing that!! :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...