• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 WJC Gold Medal Game: USA vs Canada • 9:30 P.M. EST

Phil

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a hard time thinking the U.S. stands any chance here. This might be the best Canada junior team I've seen in a long time. And that's without Lafreniere! Knight needs to stand on his head and maybe Zegras, Turcotte, or Kaliyev can generate enough offense to get a couple.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I?m with you on this. Canada hasn?t even looked like they have had to try this tournament.

Should be a good game and I hope I?m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Have a hard time thinking the U.S. stands any chance here. This might be the best Canada junior team I've seen in a long time. And that's without Lafreniere! Knight needs to stand on his head and maybe Zegras, Turcotte, or Kaliyev can generate enough offense to get a couple.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I?m with you on this. Canada hasn?t even looked like they have had to try this tournament.

Should be a good game and I hope I?m wrong

I wouldn't be so sure. These are 2 evenly matched teams.

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2021/wm20/teamcomparison

With the edge the US has on the PP, and the penalties CAN takes...Could make up for the CAN edge in scoring efficiency (and I don't know how they get to the SE number).

Are you seriously looking at advanced stats from a one week tournament where they play different teams? lol

But, I'd agree, they're pretty even in most spots. Canada has much better depth top to bottom, but that may not bear fruit in one game.

I'm pretty sure every forward on Canada was a 1st rounder, and only one of the Dmen wasn't. That's absurd.

Both teams missing some key contributers to NHL commitments, and injuries.

If it comes down to goaltending, it would be logical to pick the US, but Levi is extremely good at this level.

Fun fact: Both goalies are Panther property, and are fantastic. If only they didn't just sign a gazillion year commitment to a total enigma.

Are you seriously looking at advanced stats from a one week tournament where they play different teams? lol

But, I'd agree, they're pretty even in most spots. Canada has much better depth top to bottom, but that may not bear fruit in one game.

I'm pretty sure every forward on Canada was a 1st rounder, and only one of the Dmen wasn't. That's absurd.

If it comes down to goaltending, it would be logical to pick the US, but Levi is extremely good at this level.

Fun fact: Both goalies are Panther property, and are fantastic. If only they didn't just sign a gazillion year commitment to a total enigma.

It?s def a better match up than most we have seen this tournament. I?m not personally looking at stats or draft positions or any of that but it?s generally think Canada has looked better in the tournament albeit the US not much worse.

And yea they mentioned that on last nights broadcast which is ridiculous. Guess it?s a good problem to have as a franchise. Bob will probably be bought out at some point.

Show me the rest of the stats we should use to have the discussion. Cuz those are the only ones there are. LOL.

And yes, Canada has twenty 1st round picks on their roster. So it means absolutely nothing if they win, if they don't win they should be embarrassed.

Trevor Zegras, from Westchester, NY, and a product of something called Avon Old Farms, which I'm sure is accessible to all walks of people, with some edgy bulletin board stuff, and then they run a feature on impossibly wholesome Dylan Cozens. Gold.

What’s the better place to sign up with out of the three?

Link:

--

How to watch Canada vs. USA:

Canada: TSN, TSN Live (stream)

USA: NHL Network

When is puck drop?

9:30 p.m. ET

Trevor Zegras, from Westchester, NY, and a product of something called Avon Old Farms, which I'm sure is accessible to all walks of people, with some edgy bulletin board stuff, and then they run a feature on impossibly wholesome Dylan Cozens. Gold.
Leech went to Avon.