• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Michael Keaton to Reprise Role as Batman in DCEU, Replacing Ben Affleck

Phil

There's some potential here. There's some good elderly Batman material out there. They pretty much wasted Dark Knight Returns on Batman v. Superman but they could always go with a Batman Beyond storyline. I haven't seen most of the DC films that've been put out over the last decade. I'd trust something with some source material over most of the content that's been released of late.

There's some potential here. There's some good elderly Batman material out there. They pretty much wasted Dark Knight Returns on Batman v. Superman but they could always go with a Batman Beyond storyline. I haven't seen most of the DC films that've been put out over the last decade. I'd trust something with some source material over most of the content that's been released of late.

DC was probably like "did y'all see what they did to Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian? Let's just do that!"

• 1 year later...

So some update on this story.  The tweet in the OP is a little misleading.  Keaton isn't replacing Affleck.  They will both be Batman in this fall's Flash movie.  It is going to be based on the Flashpoint storyline from the Flash comics...which I know nothing about lol.  I read that it has to do with The Flash going back in time and skews the space-time continuum( I added that myself, that is not how I read it in the article about the upcoming movie) and results in an alternate time line with a different version of Batman.  

Affleck will no longer play Batman after this Flash film.  Keaton will have one more role in an upcoming Batgirl movie and then he is done as well.  Pattinson's The Batman, is not currently cannon for the DCEU, it is its own world at this time.  It is, however, a version of what Affleck's solo movie was supposed to be prior to him bailing.  So he will most likely get merged into the DCEU and be its main Batman.

Edited by SaveByRichter35

30 minutes ago, siddious said:

Haven’t there already been like 2 others? Or am I making that up? Lol 

edit: I’m thinking of Ben affleck nevermind 

Batfleck was my least favorite Batman, personally. Not that I have been able to get behind many DC movies for the most part, except maybe Wonder Woman (1984 was trash though) and Aquaman was basically underwater Thor.

5 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Batfleck was my least favorite Batman, personally. Not that I have been able to get behind many DC movies for the most part, except maybe Wonder Woman (1984 was trash though) and Aquaman was basically underwater Thor.

I hated the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman but I actually didn't mind him in Dawn of Justice and Justice League.  Better than Val Kilmer.  Batman Forever wasn't too bad but Batman and Robin was traaaaaaaash.

5 hours ago, siddious said:

Ahh shame. I was into Batman a lot more than any marvel super hero’s growing up but the DC stuff has been pretty bad outside of the first two Christian Bale Batman’s 

Same here.  I was never into comics so I only know of all of these superheroes via movies.  I loved the Burton/Keaton Batman movies.  I loved the Reeve Superman movies.  The Nolan/Bale Batman movies are among my favorite movies ever.  I remember my uncle showing me some old school Flash movies.  I never got into comic books though, I never saw any of the tv series except for Gotham.  I saw a few of the Marvel movies but I just never really got into them as much as I enjoyed the DC stuff.  Agreed though that DC is not off to a very good start at trying to replicating what Marvel did with their "Universe".

I read comics as a kid but not as religiously as some people. Was always drawn to Batman for some reason and loved the Val Kilmer/Clooney movies as cheesy as they may be. Particularly loved the Batman cartoon.

Liked Thor a lot as a kid too but my local comic shop never seemed to have any Thor stuff. Most of the marvel stuff I’ve learned through the recent movies. 

Edited by siddious

42 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I hated the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman but I actually didn't mind him in Dawn of Justice and Justice League.  Better than Val Kilmer.  Batman Forever wasn't too bad but Batman and Robin was traaaaaaaash.

Marthaaa. Marthaaaaaaa.

WHY DO YOU SAY THAT NAME

Turned it off while watching it mid-flight. 

• LOL 1

• 5 months later...