• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Planning Two Outdoor Games at Lake Tahoe for 2021 Season

Phil

When the NHL on NBC broadcast schedule was released last week, one game stood out as an oddity: Colorado at Vegas on Feb. 20. It is the network?s lone Saturday telecast before April 17.

The next day, there?s a Philadelphia-Boston matchup that?s also a bit strange. For the Bruins, it?s their only game in six days; for the Flyers it?s their only one in five. In the travel-friendly East Division, that?s unusual.

There is a logical explanation.

According to multiple sources, the NHL is beginning its Mystery, Alaska experiment, with four teams as part of a unique two-game, two-day ?Outdoor Weekend? showcase at Lake Tahoe. Edgewood Tahoe Resort, home of the popular celebrity golf tournament, is hosting these games, which will be played around the 16th, 17th and 18th holes.

Fans will not be in attendance, with the number of people limited to about 400 ? basically the teams? travelling parties and whoever is needed to work. It will give television different opportunities to broadcast the games, such as drone cameras.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-planning-two-outdoor-games-lake-tahoe-2021-season/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Watching the game and they have the Bruins and Rangers logo on the ice as if they are playing tomorrow

My bad it’s an on ice promotion of the Friday night game and it had me fooled

#shitshow

The ice is soooooo bad. Can't see how they return for the second period any time soon. Some of those ruts are stick blade width wide and well over an inch deep. Guys falling all over the place just gliding during time outs. Would be horrible if somebody gets hurt just for a postcard setting.

They moved tomorrow's game from 2 to 7:00pm.