• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ballsy Predictions: Rangers Edition 2020-21

Phil

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to skim past your rehashed "wait until Kreider's disappearing act" posts again. And you do care. You quoted me twice.
Hahaha okay.

An annual disappearing act versus an arbitrary nitpick like number of stick in fractions seems totally in the same ballpark.

Whatever it takes you from six to midnight, homie.

Buchnevich can deal with Marchand

only other guy who might bully young guns in the division is maybe Tom Wilson? but Lemieux has fought him. he didn't win but he fought him.

am i forgetting anyone?

Islanders have some annoying players. Plus Johnston, Martin and Mayfield

Boston has a bunch of big dudes. Plus a couple of those young kids are physical and would love to take a run at a rookie.

You know Philly is going to be physical.

The teams are going to be playing each other so often, theyre blood is going to boil seeing each other on the ice.

yeah I mean I'm sure there will be physical play but I think we're over-exaggerating it if the thought it we're gonna spend all season getting bullied.

we were among the top teams in total fights last year. Just because we don't have a big time enforcer, which isn't really too common these days anyway, doesn't mean we'll have trouble.

I mean the Rangers aren't exactly small...

Gauthier is 6'4" 227 and Kreider is 6'3" 217 these guys are more than capable of protecting a teammate.

Lemieux is Lemieux.

Chytil and Mika are both 6'2" and over 200 lbs. Kakko is 6'3" and most likely stronger than last year.

Buch is feisty. Lafreniere plays a with a bit of an edge.

If Barron makes the team he's 6'4" 220.

On D: Trouba 6'3" 210, Smith 6'2" 200, Lindgren and ADA will fight anyone. If Miller makes the team he's 6'5" 210.

I think overall we're pretty soft, however I don't think we're going to continually get murdered out there but do think we will get banged around more often than not. I don't put too much value in the second in the league in fights when Haley was 2nd on the team tied Smith and with Lemieux leading. I don't see any of those guys other than maybe willing to get punched in the face they're nobody to fear imo. I do agree with most here though the guys to truly fear these days are few and far between. It is what it is. I would be great to be the windshield rather than the bug which seems to be the case a lot.

I do think it's fair to say the team lacks grit, not sure how you can argue that imo.

I mean the Rangers aren't exactly small...

Gauthier is 6'4" 227 and Kreider is 6'3" 217 these guys are more than capable of protecting a teammate.

Lemieux is Lemieux.

Chytil and Mika are both 6'2" and over 200 lbs. Kakko is 6'3" and most likely stronger than last year.

Buch is feisty. Lafreniere plays a with a bit of an edge.

If Barron makes the team he's 6'4" 220.

On D: Trouba 6'3" 210, Smith 6'2" 200, Lindgren and ADA will fight anyone. If Miller makes the team he's 6'5" 210.

Size =/= toughness.

Marek Malik was huge, too. So was Nik Antropov. They hit like tissue paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Based on Gauthier's 2 fights in 6 years and this being the result below in 2018 the last time he tried to stand up for teammate,pretty sure he's not going to be protecting much. With his speed and size should he be able to get in on guys and hit them, sure. He should consider gluing those gloves on.

Kreider from all accounts, strong as an ox. Can hit when he chooses to but imo he often pulls up as much as he chooses to hit. I honestly don't think he truly has it in him to be a consistent punishing guy, but his game across the board lacks consistency. 11 or so fights in 6 years is that sticking up for teammates much? He does wrestles guys often.