• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BSBH Fantasy Hockey 2020-21

Phil

I sympathize with having open slots, but we've played with two moves per week in past seasons. I'm against changing rules mid-season, but it's a topic you could pursue for conversation for next season.

Yahoo sets the length of each week, it has nothing to do with commissioners, so that is a gripe you'd have to take up with Yahoo. Generally if a week starts in the middle of a week or there is a holiday week, yahoo extends the week.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sympathize with having open slots, but we've played with two moves per week in past seasons. I'm against changing rules mid-season, but it's a topic you could pursue for conversation for next season.

Yahoo sets the length of each week, it has nothing to do with commissioners, so that is a gripe you'd have to take up with Yahoo. Generally if a week starts in the middle of a week or there is a holiday week, yahoo extends the week.

But The other seasons we didn't have to deal with players going on the DL list because of covid 19 ,I always been fine in the past with two moves ,I think this season is different because of the covid 19,I got two players who got traded Laine and Deblois on quarantine because of the virus

I guess the question would be - what would be the downside for upping to 3 moves per week?

I really think the issue you experienced, which really sucks don't get me wrong, was a unique one for week 1 or any of the "long" weeks. In a normal, 7-day week, I think 2 moves should still be fine even with COVID. But I'm open to hearing a case for upping the number to 3.

This is going to be a strange season. With the Stars and Canes postponing games (and the teams they were playing in the central division) it?s going to be a rough year to manage week to week as there is no way to compensate teams for postponed games. Like Ray mentioned, the first week is a long week so this week and a half should be the longest. I think I?m playing you this week lefty and we both got hammered with COVID with the least amount of games played compared to other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is what it is. Yahoo has not waived the 3 game a week minimum for goaltending stats. But if one of your goalies gets Covid, you're going to have a hard time getting to that minimum for a week, if the NHL team doesn't put your goalie on IR. There's just a certain amount of bad luck with fantasy sports.

I'm fine upping it if the majority of the league is in favor of it. Seems like a freak occurrence though.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think it felt low for the week because it was an extended week.

I forgot about the max, picked up 2 guys day 2, and that was it. (so, in that case, dont up it for the rest of the season, lol)

This is going to be a strange season. With the Stars and Canes postponing games (and the teams they were playing in the central division) it’s going to be a rough year to manage week to week as there is no way to compensate teams for postponed games. Like Ray mentioned, the first week is a long week so this week and a half should be the longest. I think I’m playing you this week lefty and we both got hammered with COVID with the least amount of games played compared to other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we play each other until week11,playing though puck bunnies

• 2 months later...