• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NYR Open Against NYI; Full Schedule Released

LindG1000

Wednesday I?m leafs lunch on Sportsnet 590 Brian Burke stated that he believes there will be at least 40 to 50% more fighting in the league this coming season because of the compressed back to back schedule games against in division teams. He also believes it will be an uptick on opened ice hitting Because teams will be a custom to other players skating habits and how they react with the puck

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wednesday I’m leafs lunch on Sportsnet 590 Brian Burke stated that he believes there will be at least 40 to 50% more fighting in the league this coming season because of the compressed back to back schedule games against in division teams. He also believes it will be an uptick on opened ice hitting Because teams will be a custom to other players skating habits and how they react with the puck

Where's the doubt button?

Imma take the under on that one too. That's a pretty high number and I still think the lack of fans hurts the energy on the ice in many cases. Not sure I even understand his comment about being a custom to other players skating habits and how they react to the puck.

I do hope and think there could and should be more intensity in some games, but I don't think it will be a turn back the clock to the 70-80's scenario where all of the sudden gloves are being dropped all over the ice. In general too many guys are carrying purses these days.

Imma take the under on that one too. That's a pretty high number and I still think the lack of fans hurts the energy on the ice in many cases. Not sure I even understand his comment about being a custom to other players skating habits and how they react to the puck.

I do hope and think there could and should be more intensity in some games, but I don't think it will be a turn back the clock to the 70-80's scenario where all of the sudden gloves are being dropped all over the ice. In general too many guys are carrying purses these days.

It's clearly a comment made by someone who's heyday was before... The internet.

League is down to .2 fights per game.

Rangers were 2nd in the league with 25 fights last season. Most of the league had 12 or less. VGK had the least (I think) has 6.

Wouldn?t take much to see it get close to a 40% increase.

Short schedule with all conference opponents. Every point matters, nobody's going to risk frivolous penalties.

NYR 2nd in the league in fights? Holy smoke!! I would have lost plenty of money on that bet.

Ducks led the league with 25. We were 2nd with 21.

https://www.hockeyfights.com/

Here's the breakdown of the 21 in the regular season:

Lemieux - 5

Smith - 4

Haley - 4

Trouba - 2

De Angelo, Kreider, Skjei, McKegg, Lindgren, and Smith again shows up with 1

https://www.hockeyfights.com/teams/20/season_leaders/reg2020

2 in the post season

Lemieux and Strome

Ducks led the league with 25. We were 2nd with 21.

https://www.hockeyfights.com/

Here's the breakdown of the 21 in the regular season:

Lemieux - 5

Smith - 4

Haley - 4

Trouba - 2

De Angelo, Kreider, Skjei, McKegg, Lindgren, and Smith again shows up with 1

https://www.hockeyfights.com/teams/20/season_leaders/reg2020

2 in the post season

Lemieux and Strome

Is it weird that I don?t even remember Haley being a ranger