• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Training Camp: Up to 36 Skaters; Unlimited Goalies

Lord Al

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Post has confirmed that Yegor Rykov, in addition to Vitali Kravtsov, is committed to remaining in Russia for the entirety of the KHL season.

We have also confirmed that Tarmo Reunanen, the 22-year-old defenseman who has been playing in Finland, will be joining the Blueshirts for training camp.

Reunanen, K’Andre Miller and Libor Hajek, who has been playing in the Czech Republic, will vie for spots. So too will 30-year-old free agent signee Anthony Bitetto, who played 51 games last year with the Jets.

Up front, figure 10 locks: Artemi Panarin, Mika Zibanejad, Chris Kreider, Ryan Strome, Pavel Buchnevich, Filip Chytil, Kaapo Kakko, Alexis Lafreniere, Brendan Lemieux and Julien Gauthier.

That leaves Brett Howden, Morgan Barron, Kevin Rooney, Phil DiGiuseppe, Colin Blackwell, Tim Gettinger, Justin Richards, Austin Rueschhoff and Patrick Khodorenko, who should compete for spots on the varsity and taxi squad.

Keith Kinkaid would all but surely be the taxi-squad goaltender. The Rangers will want 22-year-old Tyler Wall, who signed out of Massachusetts-Lowell in May, to get games.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/19/the-rangers-likely-roster-as-nhl-hurdles-remain/

So they'll be carrying a series of "black aces" this year. You'd think that glut of garbage they signed in the offseason will likely just live there this year - which actually works out.

Out of that second group of players, the only person I'm even remotely interested in is Barron.

here's another vote for neither should be a lock. Earn it by you know doing something. Hoping they feel the pressure to perform although with such an abbreviated camp and no pre-season games I think that plays to their benefit.

The organizational depth is getting better. It's just hoping some of these guys can crack the bottom six so we actually have a bottom six. lol

I don't really see it honestly. I mean I guess Barron may have an outside shot, but the rest? At this point in time, kind of doubt it. Me still thinks the bottom six is an issue. Same with the bottom 2 or 3 of the D.

• 2 weeks later...
I mean, that seem pretty unfair to say already. Gauthier has 17 NHL games in his career and Keane has none. How can you possibly make this judgement?
Given the forward depth versus the right-handed defenseman depth on this team, it was absolutely the right move.

New York Rangers

Mika Zibanejad will not practice when the Rangers begin their on-ice sessions Monday and is day to day, general manager Jeff Gorton said.

The center led the Rangers with 41 goals last season, an NHL-career-high, and scored 75 points in 57 games to help New York advance to the Stanley Cup Qualifiers. He was second on the team in points behind forward Artemi Panarin (95).

Gorton said forward Justin Richards and goalie Keith Kinkaid will also not be available Monday and are day to day. -- Dan Rosen

https://www.nhl.com/news/2020-21-training-camp-news-updates-january-2/c-319940288