• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Training Camp: Up to 36 Skaters; Unlimited Goalies

Lord Al

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Aside from Howden and DiGuiseppe this is pretty solid lineup. Even if Johnson and Smith rotate 7th D there is some very good depth here/

Time will tell but I wish I was as enthusiastic as you are especially saying there's a lot of depth there. Great to see Miller make it no question about it, hopefully he can stick and grow. The depth we have at forward (bottom half) is more of a collection of not so good with a potential star in LAF and then Chytil who can hopefully find consistency in his game throughout an entire season. Is he even a center? On top of that you're asking the statistically worst forward in the league last season to step up and play major minutes on your second line. To me I can't wait until a handful of these bottom six hopefully get upgraded next offseason because I see many of them as fillers for a team that was cap strapped. Doesn't mean I'm not excited to drop the puck and of course I hope they all do well.

Miller adds depth no question as he arrived much earlier than expected. Hopefully he keeps his head above water and of he does that's huge. Will ADA survive on the left side, could he be worse in his own end maybe it won't even make a difference.

I'm also not sure just because many of them are over 6 feet tall that makes them tough to play against.

Anyway drop the puck, let's go. Hopefully they can navigate the covid situation long enough to have a season.

A few quick hits from Carp as camp closes: https://theathletic.com/2316724/2021/01/11/kandre-miller-new-york-rangers-roster/

And yes, for rmc and Josh - it does indeed appear that K'Andre Miller made the team.

K'Andre Miller on his newfound bromance with Trouba:

“He’s already kind of taken me under his wing,” Miller said of Trouba. “We’ve just been talking D-zone, any question that I have. He’s always right there beside me on the bench. He’s a really reliable guy to go to for any questions and his support has been unreal."

No word yet if Lafreniere and Trouba have had it out over this.

On the Panarin-Strome-Kakko line

I would say Kakko’s had the best camp of the three, and I would say that the Rangers hope the Panarin-Strome chemisty wasn’t lost in the bubble against Carolina.

Whether it was the camera angles or what, Panarin didn’t seem to have his usual jump until Monday, when he was popping.

Kakko is going to have to be a better all-around player to make that line more effective than Jesper Fast did.

On some of the kids:

The young threesome moves the puck with pace. Lafreni?re is going to be the real deal, but how quickly? Chytil is bigger, stronger and faster than he was last year, and is thinking about gunning for more goals.

A few quick hits from Carp as camp closes: https://theathletic.com/2316724/2021/01/11/kandre-miller-new-york-rangers-roster/

And yes, for rmc and Josh - it does indeed appear that K'Andre Miller made the team.

K'Andre Miller on his newfound bromance with Trouba:

No word yet if Lafreniere and Trouba have had it out over this.

On the Panarin-Strome-Kakko line

On some of the kids:

I think that this season is important for a lot of our young players but maybe none more so than Chytil. If he can start showing more signs of consistency instead of brief flashes, I'm really not sure what his ceiling would be.