Page 220 of 221 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221 LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 4407

Thread: Parsley's Weather Forecast Thread

  1. #4381
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    F'n sanitation department. 2 hours to shovel out my wife's car last night. Put all the ice in front of my wife's car (actually blocking my driveway), and ice in back of my wife's car closer to the next driveway. No car behind my wife's car, and the road had blacktop, well plowed throughout the day and evening last night. My wife had to be at work at 6 AM, and there was 3 feet of ice packed against my wife's car. The sanitation department could have plowed whatever ice they wanted to and make a mound behind my wife's car, but instead they took whatever ice was behind my wife's car and plowed it against her car. So she had to take my car, and figure out a way to get my daughter to school and then get to work.
    Yeah it's messed up here, this is how they do it in Montreal:


    The philosophy in NYC is "pray it warms up so it melts". God forbid you make cars on alternate side days so you can actually move the snow

  2. #4382
    His name is... BSBH Prospect
    JOHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    16,113
    Rep Power
    120


    This progression = my day today. We actually were able to dig 3 more out, had a couple of damaged units with falling ice though. Trying to remove cars snowed in in a tight parking lot is fucking awful. The snow was also so heavy it fragged the engine of the front loader we rented. Thing as pissing oil by 4pm.

  3. #4383
    His name is... BSBH Prospect
    JOHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    16,113
    Rep Power
    120


    One more, a solid panorama of all the fun.

  4. #4384
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    9,712
    Rep Power
    79
    Snow totals (in inches) from the major winter storm for the Northeast


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  5. #4385
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    9,712
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN View Post


    This progression = my day today. We actually were able to dig 3 more out, had a couple of damaged units with falling ice though. Trying to remove cars snowed in in a tight parking lot is fucking awful. The snow was also so heavy it fragged the engine of the front loader we rented. Thing as pissing oil by 4pm.
    Brutal

  6. #4386
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    3,774
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    F'n sanitation department. 2 hours to shovel out my wife's car last night. Put all the ice in front of my wife's car (actually blocking my driveway), and ice in back of my wife's car closer to the next driveway. No car behind my wife's car, and the road had blacktop, well plowed throughout the day and evening last night. My wife had to be at work at 6 AM, and there was 3 feet of ice packed against my wife's car. The sanitation department could have plowed whatever ice they wanted to and make a mound behind my wife's car, but instead they took whatever ice was behind my wife's car and plowed it against her car. So she had to take my car, and figure out a way to get my daughter to school and then get to work.
    You haven't seen efficiency until you've seen Duluth, MN snow removal. F*ckin' unbelievably good. I'm sure Buffalo, Montreal, etc are the same. But after living in Atlanta and seeing the 'just wait until it melts' response (paralyzing the entire city for multiple days) it's refreshing to see civil servants busting their ass.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  7. #4387
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,318
    Rep Power
    351
    Hey Pars, seeing some snow for Saturday. Could you possible tell me the amount and timing for Central Jersey?

  8. #4388
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    14
    hearing possibly 3-6 inches coming

  9. #4389
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    9,712
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Hey Pars, seeing some snow for Saturday. Could you possible tell me the amount and timing for Central Jersey?
    Whatever happens looks like a Friday night into Saturday time table. This event looks much weaker and precipitation type once again favors a wintry mix as of now with a better chance of snow over interior areas.

    No way, I'd be talking snow totals at this point. With that said, just a general scan of the models as of midday today shows anything from rain to 3-6 inches of snow as of now depending on what model you want to believe.

  10. #4390
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    9,712
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    keep an eye on this weekend system that has Miller B setup. Storm in the great lakes that hands off to a coast low...right now it looks like it stays a bit further out in the Atlantic only to bring light snow/mix. Still has some potential
    Good call. Something to watch, but these set ups are delicate and shifty in nature.

  11. #4391
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    25
    Oh gtfo here with this stuff already. Go awaaaaaaaayyyyyyy winter!!!!

  12. #4392
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    14
    outside chance at another snow event between now and 4/10

  13. #4393
    Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    14
    Saturday needs be watched, sounds crazy but the latest GEM says nor easter Saturday with snow in the sticks. It says rain for the coast but Snow and Ice line is near Ulster and Dutchess and could move down should this thing trend colder

  14. #4394
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    9,712
    Rep Power
    79

    Parsley's Weather Forecast Thread

    Yeah, looks wintry up in New England and northern NY. Looks wet and ugly elsewhere. Could be some flooding rain.

    Another rain event early next week (Tuesday) and then perhaps a following one late in the week (Thursday-Friday)Even heading into Easter weekend it looks unsettled and cool.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 03-30-2017 at 06:35 PM.

  15. #4395
    Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,099
    Rep Power
    6
    Rain thru Sunday in the Apple.

    Only bright spot...Fair for Opening Day at Citifield on Monday afternoon

  16. #4396
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    9,712
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Rain thru Sunday in the Apple.

    Only bright spot...Fair for Opening Day at Citifield on Monday afternoon
    True. Should be a cool but dry Monday before the rains roll in.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  17. #4397
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    9,712
    Rep Power
    79
    Just had some intense storms roll through. Crazy weather 40 degrees with thunderstorms. Can't buy a solid thunderstorm in summer recently around here.





    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  18. #4398
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    9,772
    Rep Power
    79
    Whats up with this Nor'Easter that is coming on Saturday? Will their be lightning? I got a Spartan Race at CitiField and it sounds like it wont be postponed unless their is lightning.

  19. #4399
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    9,712
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Whats up with this Nor'Easter that is coming on Saturday? Will their be lightning? I got a Spartan Race at CitiField and it sounds like it wont be postponed unless their is lightning.
    Cold, windy and wet. I don't see convection being much of a threat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  20. #4400
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,720
    Rep Power
    111
    My first weekend that I'm actually not working and of course it's a washout


    #MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •