Page 220 of 221 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221 LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 4407

Thread: Parsley's Weather Forecast Thread

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    F'n sanitation department. 2 hours to shovel out my wife's car last night. Put all the ice in front of my wife's car (actually blocking my driveway), and ice in back of my wife's car closer to the next driveway. No car behind my wife's car, and the road had blacktop, well plowed throughout the day and evening last night. My wife had to be at work at 6 AM, and there was 3 feet of ice packed against my wife's car. The sanitation department could have plowed whatever ice they wanted to and make a mound behind my wife's car, but instead they took whatever ice was behind my wife's car and plowed it against her car. So she had to take my car, and figure out a way to get my daughter to school and then get to work.
    Yeah it's messed up here, this is how they do it in Montreal:

The philosophy in NYC is "pray it warms up so it melts". God forbid you make cars on alternate side days so you can actually move the snow

His name is... BSBH Prospect

This progression = my day today. We actually were able to dig 3 more out, had a couple of damaged units with falling ice though. Trying to remove cars snowed in in a tight parking lot is fucking awful. The snow was also so heavy it fragged the engine of the front loader we rented. Thing as pissing oil by 4pm.

His name is... BSBH Prospect

One more, a solid panorama of all the fun.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Snow totals (in inches) from the major winter storm for the Northeast

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN View Post

This progression = my day today. We actually were able to dig 3 more out, had a couple of damaged units with falling ice though. Trying to remove cars snowed in in a tight parking lot is fucking awful. The snow was also so heavy it fragged the engine of the front loader we rented. Thing as pissing oil by 4pm.
    Brutal

swamped Midget Division
    F'n sanitation department. 2 hours to shovel out my wife's car last night. Put all the ice in front of my wife's car (actually blocking my driveway), and ice in back of my wife's car closer to the next driveway. No car behind my wife's car, and the road had blacktop, well plowed throughout the day and evening last night. My wife had to be at work at 6 AM, and there was 3 feet of ice packed against my wife's car. The sanitation department could have plowed whatever ice they wanted to and make a mound behind my wife's car, but instead they took whatever ice was behind my wife's car and plowed it against her car. So she had to take my car, and figure out a way to get my daughter to school and then get to work.
    You haven't seen efficiency until you've seen Duluth, MN snow removal. F*ckin' unbelievably good. I'm sure Buffalo, Montreal, etc are the same. But after living in Atlanta and seeing the 'just wait until it melts' response (paralyzing the entire city for multiple days) it's refreshing to see civil servants busting their ass.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Hey Pars, seeing some snow for Saturday. Could you possible tell me the amount and timing for Central Jersey?

hearing possibly 3-6 inches coming

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Hey Pars, seeing some snow for Saturday. Could you possible tell me the amount and timing for Central Jersey?
    Whatever happens looks like a Friday night into Saturday time table. This event looks much weaker and precipitation type once again favors a wintry mix as of now with a better chance of snow over interior areas.

No way, I'd be talking snow totals at this point. With that said, just a general scan of the models as of midday today shows anything from rain to 3-6 inches of snow as of now depending on what model you want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    keep an eye on this weekend system that has Miller B setup. Storm in the great lakes that hands off to a coast low...right now it looks like it stays a bit further out in the Atlantic only to bring light snow/mix. Still has some potential
    Good call. Something to watch, but these set ups are delicate and shifty in nature.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Oh gtfo here with this stuff already. Go awaaaaaaaayyyyyyy winter!!!!

outside chance at another snow event between now and 4/10

Saturday needs be watched, sounds crazy but the latest GEM says nor easter Saturday with snow in the sticks. It says rain for the coast but Snow and Ice line is near Ulster and Dutchess and could move down should this thing trend colder

Parsley's Weather Forecast Thread

Yeah, looks wintry up in New England and northern NY. Looks wet and ugly elsewhere. Could be some flooding rain.

Another rain event early next week (Tuesday) and then perhaps a following one late in the week (Thursday-Friday)Even heading into Easter weekend it looks unsettled and cool.

Last edited by Parsley; 03-30-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Rain thru Sunday in the Apple.

Only bright spot...Fair for Opening Day at Citifield on Monday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Rain thru Sunday in the Apple.

Only bright spot...Fair for Opening Day at Citifield on Monday afternoon
    True. Should be a cool but dry Monday before the rains roll in.

Just had some intense storms roll through. Crazy weather 40 degrees with thunderstorms. Can't buy a solid thunderstorm in summer recently around here.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Whats up with this Nor'Easter that is coming on Saturday? Will their be lightning? I got a Spartan Race at CitiField and it sounds like it wont be postponed unless their is lightning.

Whats up with this Nor'Easter that is coming on Saturday? Will their be lightning? I got a Spartan Race at CitiField and it sounds like it wont be postponed unless their is lightning.
    Cold, windy and wet. I don't see convection being much of a threat.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    My first weekend that I'm actually not working and of course it's a washout

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!