Page 213 of 221 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 4407

Thread: Parsley's Weather Forecast Thread

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Thundersnow and 2-3 inch snow rates across parts of LI AND CT.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    All stopped by me here in Essex County, NJ
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Parsley's Weather Forecast Thread

Hanging on a bit longer from the city east. Big hit for Long Island. Some places around 12" as of 1 pm.

Total snowfall at area climate sites through 4pm:

Newark: 7.8"
    Bridgeport: 10.3"
    Central Park: 9.4"
    LGA: 10.0"
    JFK: 8.3"
    Islip: 13.7"

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    That snow was no match for the blower

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    That snow was no match for the blower

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Solid storm. Imagine if it had stuck around another 6-12 hours.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Hanging on a bit longer from the city east. Big hit for Long Island. Some places around 12" as of 1 pm.

You got that right; we got smacked.

Solid storm. Imagine if it had stuck around another 6-12 hours.

Would have been another snowpocalypse.

What do you think the chances of more of these is as we close out the spring? ... sez I, LOL, from still in the dog days of Winter, but acting like it's nearly done.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    You got that right; we got smacked.

What do you think the chances of more of these is as we close out the spring? ... sez I, LOL, from still in the dog days of Winter, but acting like it's nearly done.
    February is our snowiest month on average, so we usually get a handful of chances for something small to sizeable. I'm no long range forecasting guru but from what my "sources" told me it could be a roller coaster ride with large swings in temperatures the next few weeks (like what we saw the past few days) and atleast a few more chances for snow. Again, climatology says we are fair game through about the middle of March all the odds decrease with each passing week after about Valentines Day week.

I'm good now, got to use my snow blower...bring on spring and summer

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I'm good now, got to use my snow blower...bring on spring and summer

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    I wish it was that easy.

I wish it was that easy.

Pull some strings Pars

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    The first round of shoveling wasn't too bad, but when I went out after it stopped, thats when it felt heavier. I don't mind small storms, but Im over the big storms for a while. I just want a winter where we get an inch or two here and there, not a foot here a lot there. That and it would be nice if we can get a storm on my day off, not when I am working.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    The first round of shoveling wasn't too bad, but when I went out after it stopped, thats when it felt heavier. I don't mind small storms, but Im over the big storms for a while. I just want a winter where we get an inch or two here and there, not a foot here a lot there. That and it would be nice if we can get a storm on my day off, not when I am working.
    Move out my way!

Seems like the unseasonably warm ocean waters continue to super charge these coastal storms as they dump on Long Island and New England. It doesn't even need to be exceptionally cold. Just cold enough.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    This. So this. This is the last winter I am dealing with my hand-me-down snow blower. I'm handing it down to someone else and getting a new one for next year. The last storm it was fine because the snow was light and powdery. This heavier shit I have to chop up the snow with the shovel in order for it the move anything.

Also NYR2711, I know you're in Suffolk, how was the plowing in your area? I swear it gets worse and worse every storm over by me. Brookhaven is just ridiculous.

Move out my way!

Seems like the unseasonably warm ocean waters continue to super charge these coastal storms as they dump on Long Island and New England. It doesn't even need to be exceptionally cold. Just cold enough.

I wish I could move out of here, but I still have a couple of more years before I can retire, and my wife has a long time to go before she can leave.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    This. So this. This is the last winter I am dealing with my hand-me-down snow blower. I'm handing it down to someone else and getting a new one for next year. The last storm it was fine because the snow was light and powdery. This heavier shit I have to chop up the snow with the shovel in order for it the move anything.

Also NYR2711, I know you're in Suffolk, how was the plowing in your area? I swear it gets worse and worse every storm over by me. Brookhaven is just ridiculous.

Im in the town of Babylon, and they are terrible with plowing. They usually send a plow down the middle of my street and thats it. My neighbor and I usually use our snow blowers to clear out in front of our houses and our 2 neighbors as well. I have complained every year, and they never do a good job. Ask storm was the only time I can saw they did a great job by me. I have no houses on the other side of the street, so last storm, the driver actually pushed everything to the other side of the street. I was hoping we would get him again this storm, but we didn't. We had a town truck drive up and down my street with his plow up, they usually send a pick up truck with a plow on it for us. He is lazy, he doesn't even clear out the end of the street that meets up with the main road over here.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Im in the town of Babylon, and they are terrible with plowing. They usually send a plow down the middle of my street and thats it. My neighbor and I usually use our snow blowers to clear out in front of our houses and our 2 neighbors as well. I have complained every year, and they never do a good job. Ask storm was the only time I can saw they did a great job by me. I have no houses on the other side of the street, so last storm, the driver actually pushed everything to the other side of the street. I was hoping we would get him again this storm, but we didn't. We had a town truck drive up and down my street with his plow up, they usually send a pick up truck with a plow on it for us. He is lazy, he doesn't even clear out the end of the street that meets up with the main road over here.
    Yea we get the same bullshit where I am in Ronkonkoma(Brookhaven side). I have houses on both sides of my street. Every storm they plow one lane down the far side of my street. So every storm not only do I have to clear out my driveway but also through an extra 10-15 feet to get to the plowed area of my street and I also did an extra area so the mailman can get to my mailbox without having to get out. God forbid they at least do a pass down the middle of the street, let alone coming back down and doing one pass on my side as well. Anyways, I will admit that surprisingly my street was totally plowed by 11pm Thursday night so I ended up having to just dig out the end of my driveway again at the end of the night. As they plowed more, all that shit that was then pushed into the area I cleared for the mailman but by that time everything was hard and frozen so I wasn't digging that shit again too. I ended up just clearing a path on the sidewalk for him to access my box by foot. All of the streets around me were absolute shit until yesterday after two days of relative warmth.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    seems like a permanent new winter weather pattern: long island gets burried in snow several times a year