Page 216 of 226 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4512

Thread: Parsley's Weather Forecast Thread

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Scheduled to fly to Aruba on Tues AM.

Airline finally issued a weather advisory for the East/Northeast this morning allowing me to rebook the flight for Monday with confiscatory change fees waived.

Looking forward to checking in on the storm on Tues

From Aruba

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Im fine with the cold temps, they don't bother me, its the snow that I can't stand. Its an hour drive for me to get into work with no issues, I still have no idea how Im getting in on Tuesday because out here on Long Island, they don't really plow the Northern and Southern State Parkways. They are terrible when it comes to road clean up out here.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Alright Parsley, I require some assistance if you wouldn't mind. I took a job with a new firm in Paramus, NJ. I start tomorrow. I have an hour and 15 minute commute from Monmouth County (Colts Neck specifically). Obviously I need to show up for my second day of work (if the office is open), so I think I'm going to book a room at the Holiday Inn on the same highway as the office for Monday night.

What's the timing of this storm? Will I be fine coming home from Paramus Monday night at around 5:00-7:00? And if so, should it be fine for the Tuesday morning commute? Or does it start Monday night in to Tuesday and Tuesday morning will be a shit show? What about Wednesday? I may need to book the hotel for two nights depending on what happens.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    smart man, that's the sort of person who knows how to keep a job

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    Alright Parsley, I require some assistance if you wouldn't mind. I took a job with a new firm in Paramus, NJ. I start tomorrow. I have an hour and 15 minute commute from Monmouth County (Colts Neck specifically). Obviously I need to show up for my second day of work (if the office is open), so I think I'm going to book a room at the Holiday Inn on the same highway as the office for Monday night.

What's the timing of this storm? Will I be fine coming home from Paramus Monday night at around 5:00-7:00? And if so, should it be fine for the Tuesday morning commute? Or does it start Monday night in to Tuesday and Tuesday morning will be a shit show? What about Wednesday? I may need to book the hotel for two nights depending on what happens.

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    I've been reading fast moving storm (~12 hrs), big snowfall, less than 12-1 snow conversion, potentially up to 20 inches starting Tuesday ~3 am

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Im fine with the cold temps, they don't bother me, its the snow that I can't stand. Its an hour drive for me to get into work with no issues, I still have no idea how Im getting in on Tuesday because out here on Long Island, they don't really plow the Northern and Southern State Parkways. They are terrible when it comes to road clean up out here.
    Easy. Leave 2 hours early.. Lol. Sadly, that's how we have to do it. 2 hours to go 40 miles in the snow, with minimal people on the road.... East of queens.

Senior Member Junior Division

That's a good idea. But what if your car gets plowed in, at the parking lot? I'm not familiar with Paramus, so maybe that's a dumb question. Bring a shovel man.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I am getting lucky again that this storm is falling on my days off. I feel your pain though man, LI is getting out of control with the plowing. Or lack thereof.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division

Hi.

Timing for the onset of the storm has moved but a bit. Snow begins Monday night and continues through roughly midday or early afternoon Tuesday. The height of the storm looks to occur Tuesday morning. If the models are right roads will be a disaster by daybreak Tuesday with snow falling at 1-3 inches an hour that morning. Things should wind down quickly Tuesday afternoon. Depending on how much falls Wednesday morning could be a mess with plowing and clearing snow of roads. I'd like to think they'd have things under control on main roads by then.

I will add that the rain+sleet/snow line is going to potentially flirt with coastal NJ and Long Island and that could throw another wrench into the equation. In an all snow scenario the models have been consistently showing 12-18 inches with an outside chance of 24". If we throw rain into the equation those amounts would be decreased drastically.

7am Tuesday map....

1pm Tuesday map...

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Forgot to add the ass kicking the beaches will take from winds 35-60 mph with large waves leading to lots of erosion and some tidal flooding.

When can you forecast us some warmth and sunshine?

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Hi.

Timing for the onset of the storm has moved but a bit. Snow begins Monday night and continues through roughly midday or early afternoon Tuesday. The height of the storm looks to occur Tuesday morning. If the models are right roads will be a disaster by daybreak Tuesday with snow falling at 1-3 inches an hour that morning. Things should wind down quickly Tuesday afternoon. Depending on how much falls Wednesday morning could be a mess with plowing and clearing snow of roads. I'd like to think they'd have things under control on main roads by then.

I will add that the rain+sleet/snow line is going to potentially flirt with coastal NJ and Long Island and that could throw another wrench into the equation. In an all snow scenario the models have been consistently showing 12-18 inches with an outside chance of 24". If we throw rain into the equation those amounts would be decreased drastically.
    Thanks man. The ideal situation is they announce tomorrow that they're closing the office for Tuesday. And then I don't have to worry about the Tuesday commute, and by Wednesday (God willing) I'll at least be able to get there via major roads.

Thanks man. The ideal situation is they announce tomorrow that they're closing the office for Tuesday. And then I don't have to worry about the Tuesday commute, and by Wednesday (God willing) I'll at least be able to get there via major roads.
    Good luck Lothbrok! My first day at my current job was the day Hurricane Sandy hit Long Island. One of the many negatives about working in a 24/7/365 industry.

Good luck man.

Obviously, I'll have some updates here tomorrow leading up to the storm. Still some discrepancies to iron on.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    When can you forecast us some warmth and sunshine?
    Trust me, I don't want snow at this point either. That's Mother Nature for you, she don't give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Trust me, I don't want snow at this point either. That's Mother Nature for you, she don't give a fuck.
    Yep, she's a real bitch lol

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Greenday4537's Avatar
    About 30 minutes outside AC. It's going to be a close one. I'm guessing a couple inches with mostly rain. Just the slightest push South though could give us at least half a foot.

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Update

My flight from JFK to Aruba is scheduled to depart on time in 13 hours 30 minutes

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    A flight scheduled to take off more than 12 hours before the storm even begins is on schedule... who woulda thunk it.