• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Warner Bros. Will Send 17 Films to HBO Max the Same Day as Theaters

Phil

Looking back through titles, I've seen about 3 WB movies in the last 5 years.

And, probably would have been a better decision to wait before making this deal for all of 2021. Maybe, the first few movies set to release in Jan/Feb. But you could be losing a shit ton of money if shit opens up during the summer, and stays open.

I really wish HBO Max would come to Roku so I can actually watch it on my TV. Yes, I can watch on my tablet or computer, but I would rather just watch it on my television. This is a pretty big announcement, though, and could change the way we watch movies forever. We could be saying goodbye to the traditional movie theaters and just have streaming and drive-ins. We shall see.

I really wish HBO Max would come to Roku so I can actually watch it on my TV. Yes, I can watch on my tablet or computer, but I would rather just watch it on my television. This is a pretty big announcement, though, and could change the way we watch movies forever. We could be saying goodbye to the traditional movie theaters and just have streaming and drive-ins. We shall see.

That sucks,

try this https://popculture.com/streaming/news/hbo-max-roku-users-will-be-able-to-watch-wonder-woman-1984-using-trick/

But it does mention there are on-going negotiations. Maybe this announcement with WB will get them to agree on something.

That sucks,

try this https://popculture.com/streaming/news/hbo-max-roku-users-will-be-able-to-watch-wonder-woman-1984-using-trick/

But it does mention there are on-going negotiations. Maybe this announcement with WB will get them to agree on something.

I just read this before coming back here. LOL It was from a different site, but also mentioned the ongoing negotiations. It said there are "whispers" it could happen sooner rather than later. But, yeah, if anything can speed up discussions, it's this. This could wind up being a trendsetting announcement.

Its also not available on the firestick either. I wound up buying an Apple TV for my living room TV because of it. Movie theaters priced themselves out from customers. Its so expensive to take your kids to the movies, its easier to pay $30-40 for a movie at home, where you can pause for bathroom breaks, have your own snacks, than bring a family of 4 to the movies where its almost $100 just for the tickets alone. Movie theaters better wake up and see that they need to fix what they do if they want to stay relevant.

Its also not available on the firestick either. I wound up buying an Apple TV for my living room TV because of it. Movie theaters priced themselves out from customers. Its so expensive to take your kids to the movies, its easier to pay $30-40 for a movie at home, where you can pause for bathroom breaks, have your own snacks, than bring a family of 4 to the movies where its almost $100 just for the tickets alone. Movie theaters better wake up and see that they need to fix what they do if they want to stay relevant.

Yeah, for sure. Movie theaters will have to find ways to re-invent themselves a bit if they hope to stay in business. I feel they might go the way of Blockbuster eventually. I don't know if they would lower the ticket prices or concessions or what. That might be hard to do since they've been shutdown for awhile. But, I haven't been to the movies in years myself. I prefer the comfort of my own home, being able to pause the movie for whatever, my own beer/drinks, etc. I think a lot of people feel this way. Going to the movies is still fun and an event for a lot of people. If they don't do something, they will be extinct.