Thread: What Childhood Movie Messed You Up the Most?

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

What Childhood Movie Messed You Up the Most?

Excluding movies you watched that you weren't supposed to. Accidentally walking in on Hellraiser when you were eight doesn't count.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    perhaps the worst trailer ever, but the baby in this movie was the scariest looking thing I've ever seen (guess that's why they don't show it here in the clip, as a result no real reason to watch the video below). I think they may have redone this or done a sequel at some point. I was 8 or 9 and went with a neighbor we were supposed to go see something else and the dad said screw it at the last minute and dragged me and a coule others who were way too young to see it. We lived about 5 houses away and I never ran so fast when we he pulled into his driveway when we got home. And yes the quality of the movies were that atrocious back in the mid 70's.

Senior Member Midget Division
    My uncle had a library full of horror movies - he loved them and the occult, tarrot cards and anything with black magic. Naturally, when I'd sleep over his house as a youngster of 7-9 years old, he'd ask if I want to watch "Chiller Theater" or one of his Beta tape movies always prefacing it with, "But you won't get scared, right?"

Creature from the Black Lagoon was my weak spot! At the end of the movie I had to walk alone to the other end of the house and my grandmothers room where I slept and I flew down that hall -- I mean like at 100 M.P.H. LOL

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Willow.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

Never Ending Story crushed me. "Don't go into the sadness!"

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Return of the Jedi. The talking teddy bears, the Emperor. It's all horrifying.

THAT BOY GOOD BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Never Ending Story crushed me. "Don't go into the sadness!"

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

The basement scene fucked me up big time.

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported BSBH Prospect
    The SNES home alone game fucked me up more than the movie LOL
    #imthebadguy

Senior Member Junior Division
    Toy Story 3 and Up. My 20s were never the same.

Senior Member Midget Division
    "The Exorcist" was very scary. Seeing "The Shining" and "The Omen" were scary. But nowhere near as scary as Regan/Linda Blair advising Father Damien about his mom's habits in the great beyond, and a shitload of other stuff.Understand that extends the criteria . These weren't kiddie movies but we we preteens sneaking into theaters at a time when there was still R ratings for that kind of movie. You could watch any number of Halloween/Friday the 13th/Freddie movies and not be anywhere as scared as those.

"The Shining" may be the best horror movie ever; Kubrick and Nicholson elevated it. When you're young, you have no idea what themes Kubrick was exploring. As tyke, Nicholson often being over the top was hysterical. Steven King hated it so much he made a very bad TV miniseries remake that wasn't nearly as good. Which is true of pretty much every movie he ever made; 2nd and many more times through you really see so much more. Watched "Eyes Wide Shut" recently and it's got so much going on you miss. Still "The Exorcist" was it.
    Last edited by Bugg; 11-27-2020 at 01:32 AM.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post

Fuck you man. Thanks a lot. I've suppressed that memory for so long! lol

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Toy Story 3 and Up. My 20s were never the same.
    20s? I didn't see them until my 30s and 3 had me crying like a baby lol.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    When I was little, watching the Muppets Take Manhattan messed me up when they all left Kermit and went home. I remember crying watching it because they all left. the song was a tear jerker as well.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I love to see all the Neverending Story love, because it's probably the same for me. I have it on Blu-ray and watch it from time to time. It's such a classic and perfectly done, with awesome characters. 80's movies of that ilk were great.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    The SNES home alone game fucked me up more than the movie LOL
    Holy crap, dude. That game was a nightmare, except you were awake, and it was real. I don't think I raged that much at a game. It made the challenging Super Mario levels look like a stroll in Central Park.