• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MSG Sales, "Will you attend in-person games at MSG in 2021?"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy people would have you believe NYC is currently up in flames and people are running around shooting and robbing eachother and its a lawless, post-apocalyptic wasteland.
Not quite sure who you are referring to but crime has most definitely increased, people are fleeing the city in droves, and NYPD just spent the better part of the last 6 months getting zero support from city hall. Along with bail reform, premature prison releases for covid, and an increase in the emotionally disturbed/ homeless due to various reasons are you seriously suggesting that the city is as safe as it was this time last year?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not quite sure who you are referring to but crime has most definitely increased, people are fleeing the city in droves, and NYPD just spent the better part of the last 6 months getting zero support from city hall. Along with bail reform, premature prison releases for covid, and an increase in the emotionally disturbed/ homeless due to various reasons are you seriously suggesting that the city is as safe as it was this time last year?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Just curious, are you currently living in the city? If so, what part?

I don't live there. Worked there for several years and still have family there (in queens and Brooklyn).

Yeah, I don't live there either. Like you, I have a few friends there that say the "dangerous" "ghost town" rhetoric is just not true. Although the crime rate is up, they're all pretty annoyed with that talk - which I'm not sure how that started or why people like my parents keep mentioning it (they also don't live in the city).

I will say that if people are "fleeing the city in droves" like they supposedly are in Los Angeles, it's not actually happening. LA's as crowded and expensive as it's ever been, yet I keep being told that everyone's leaving. I see no signs of that at all.

Yeah, I don't live there either. Like you, I have a few friends there that say the "dangerous" "ghost town" rhetoric is just not true. Although the crime rate is up, they're all pretty annoyed with that talk - which I'm not sure how that started or why people like my parents keep mentioning it (they also don't live in the city).

I will say that if people are "fleeing the city in droves" like they supposedly are in Los Angeles, it's not actually happening. LA's as crowded and expensive as it's ever been, yet I keep being told that everyone's leaving. I see no signs of that at all.

Crime is way up, and quite honestly I don't feel safe when I go out even in my area. The amount of crime in the subways is astronomical. Im dreading the day that I have to start taking the subway back to work. Last Wednesday I had my catalytic converter stolen from my car in the middle of the night. There is an abandoned stolen car on my block. People are leaving NYC at the fastest rates ever. NYC rent prices are pretty much at an all time low b/c there is a huge supply of available apartments. People leaving the city and moving to the suburbs. On the surrounding blocks where I live, there are about 2 houses per block that are for sale.

Crime is way up, and quite honestly I don't feel safe when I go out even in my area. The amount of crime in the subways is astronomical. Im dreading the day that I have to start taking the subway back to work. Last Wednesday I had my catalytic converter stolen from my car in the middle of the night. There is an abandoned stolen car on my block. People are leaving NYC at the fastest rates ever. NYC rent prices are pretty much at an all time low b/c there is a huge supply of available apartments. People leaving the city and moving to the suburbs. On the surrounding blocks where I live, there are about 2 houses per block that are for sale.

Much of this will be reversed when people go back to offices to work.

(And yes, they will, because there's almost no one who can work at 100% efficiency, 100% of the time, remotely).

Oh interesting. Yeah my friends and family are in Manhattan. Maybe it's different where you are?

https://nypost.com/2020/11/14/new-stats-reveal-massive-nyc-exodus-amid-coronavirus-crime/

Michael Hendrix, director of state and local policy at the Manhattan Institute, which has commissioned surveys about the state of the city, was not surprised by the data.

“I think people are afraid,” Hendrix said. “They’re afraid of catching a deadly virus and they’re afraid of crime and other quality-of-life concerns. One thing we also hear is about trash and cleanliness of the city.”

https://abc7ny.com/7-on-your-side-investigates-pandemic-exodus-leaving-nyc-fleeing-new-york-city/6386411/

I just did a quick search and came up with those. 300,000 people leaving seems like a high number to me. Granted I think the majority of the people leaving are leaving because of Covid fears or businesses realized the savings of not having to pay city taxes anymore since working remotely seems beneficial to a lot of companies but they're still leaving.

Regardless, this is not the spot for this discussion. The OP asked if anyone would go and I gave my opinion as to why I wouldn't. No need on my end for further discussion on this.

I was at the Garden in February. I found the area surrounding the Garden to be filthy and overrun with homeless. My 12-year-old son got to see two different "zombies" actively shitting on w31st. I was very surprised by the state of the area since I haven't seen it like that in my adult life. Heavily intermingled with the homeless population are the emotionally disturbed. These are the ones that worry me. Not the street thugs...those are the ones that generally don't go near that area.

I'm a big believer in Bill Bratton's quality of life policing model. That's what was used in the late 90's that helped NYC clean up. The only way to make that work though is to have buy-in from the police department. If they don't buy-in, then nothing will happen. With the current state of politics in NYC that is not happening until an administration change.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're smart, just like the old days then there's nothing to be concerned with in Penn Station. It's the same bums who have been there for years, still doing the same crap trying to get money or booze from the folks who pass by. I pass through walking my girlfriend to and from the train a few times a week and in all honestly I feel safer than I ever have before. The place is probably as clean as you'll ever see it, and there is probably the same law enforcement presence as pre covid but with 90% less commuters it feels like way more if that makes sense.

The only time I'd argue that the station is unsafe right now is from 2-4 when most of the union folks are getting on their trains home and the mask compliance is low.

As for attending games at MSG, i hope as a season ticket holder that they don't let fans in this season. I've been one to always try and get to as many games as i can personally but I can't imagine the bloodbath that my family, and friends who are fellow STHs would take on resale with the lack of tourists and fans who are willing to go to games. I've spoke to my rep a number of times during the past few months and he's echoed that MSG will be working with season ticket holders who have health concerns and that ultimately the decision to have fans in the stands is up to Cuomo and deBlasio. I don't see a scenario where Cuomo okays events inside before the end of the hockey season, I'm holding out that I'll be able to watch the Mets in person next summer at best.

I don't think there will be fans at MSG at all this year, even in limited capacity. I don't see Cuomo or DiBlasio allowing it. I'm hopeful for baseball this year, but even that's suspect. By the time the vaccine is distributed to a wider base, and more people feel safe, you'll see them back, and that could be awhile yet. I'm thinking you're looking at late fall-early winter, best case scenario.

I don't think there will be fans at MSG at all this year, even in limited capacity. I don't see Cuomo or DiBlasio allowing it. I'm hopeful for baseball this year, but even that's suspect. By the time the vaccine is distributed to a wider base, and more people feel safe, you'll see them back, and that could be awhile yet. I'm thinking you're looking at late fall-early winter, best case scenario.

I think midseason baseball will look normal. I don't know that anyone will be going to hockey games, but I'm hopeful.

• 3 months later...
Wondering if they will drop ticket prices next year to entice fans back. But then again, the teams also need to make their money back that they’ve lost

I don't know that they'll need to do any enticing. People are hungry to get out and do things. Tickets might be even more expensive, honestly.

I'm not a NYC resident, but how much more do the tickets cost than usual because of the limited attendance? They waived the ticket fees, right?

I think the tickets were just about the same price as last year....I got 2 tixs in Sec. 214, Row 1 for $95 each. No ticket fees so it was nice to see it be $190 instead of like $290 w/fees.

My season tix seats are in Sec. 213, Row 16, and my price last year was $78 per tix, Ticketmaster price started at $95 + fees. Usually Row 1 is much more expensive. than row 16.

Center ice seats in the 200s were $115.

Seats in the 100s, were $325.

Sooooooo, I’m getting my vaccination on Monday, just bought a pair of tickets for Rangers/Sabres for Apr 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Which one are you getting? If its the 2 shot one, you might not be able to use the vaccine to get in. You have to be two weeks after the final shot to be considered fully vaccinated.