Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSG Sales, "Will you attend in-person games at MSG in 2021?"

Senior Member Midget Division

MSG Sales, "Will you attend in-person games at MSG in 2021?"

I received a couple of calls and emails last week from a MSG ticket sales agent asking if I will attend games in 2021 then wondering if I'd like to put a deposit down on a ticket package. Right this moment, I'm leaning 95% against attending games assuming that we will have a good vaccine and that the season goes into May/June. To me, it's just too soon to feel comfortable being inside a building with 18,000+ screaming fans. If "2021" implies the start of the following season and will I attend next Oct/Nov/Dec? Yeah, that is likely.

How about you? What are you thinking about going to MSG? Would it make a difference if they seriously discount the tix? (BTW - there was no mention of a discount now)

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Reading that, I’d assume Jan/feb 2021.

If there’s social distancing, and my family can have our own section, and it’s not more expensive than usual, I could see us going to 1 game. Probably not in NYC though.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Im probably going to take a pass on this season....
    Hoping that they don't allow fans this season b/c it'll be a major loss on my part if they do allow fans at some point this season since I'm a season tix holder.

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    If a) the prices are "reasonable" & b) the proper precautions are done then yes I would consider it.
    Rangers are not committed to winning. It's an old boys club.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Having worked in the city for a lot of my career and at 2 Penn in particular for some of those years and feeling dirty just getting in there every day it's a no from me for the upcoming season. It seems pretty premature to be trying to sell packages when we're heading head on into another lockdown. But I guess you can't blame them for trying. When it comes to playing games in front of fans I'll believe it when I see it. Hell when it comes to having anything resembling a regular season played in home arenas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    If a) the prices are "reasonable" & b) the proper precautions are done then yes I would consider it.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Im probably going to take a pass on this season....
    Hoping that they don't allow fans this season b/c it'll be a major loss on my part if they do allow fans at some point this season since I'm a season tix holder.
    I'd hope they wouldn't screw over people in this situation.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

Understanding that a good portion of NHL revenue comes from seat sales I understand why they’re asking. A ‘mixed’ in-person season v. TV-only would certainly hurt season ticket holders.

I have season tix to Red Bulls soccer and this past year they allowed us to roll-forward our subscription in the event there were no in-person games allowed. (There was a pre-pandemic game we went to in early March that took one game off our yearly subscription.) They rolled the game credits forward as each home game date came and went without being able to attend. It would have been a cluster if they were able to limit attendance while not offering the credit because we didn’t go...but that issue never became a reality.

I'd go but not to the garden. From everything I've heard it's unsafe and not from a covid perspective.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'd go but not to the garden. From everything I've heard it's unsafe and not from a covid perspective.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    What's this mean?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What's this mean?
    Zombies I assume.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Zombies I assume.
    LMAO I was going to say "There's always homeless in Penn...?!?"

Senior Member Bantam Division
    If there was "social distancing" measures and whatnot, like I see at some NFL stadiums, then I would. I can avoid people and stay in my bubble for a few hours, no problem. lol I'll be interested to see what NHL teams, if any, follow suit of some NFL teams and have limited capacity for games. The NHL is more of a gate-based league than any other. It may behoove them to do something like that to avoid a complete financial disaster as best as they can. But, we won't know anything until the NHL announces what their plans are, if it's going to be home arenas, a bubble, etc.

Big difference between going to an NFL game and a NHL game....Stadium vs. Arena. NFL games are mostly outside, NHL game you're enclosed inside. Even in a domed NFL stadium there would be a lot more space and more airflow than in an arena. Imagine the bathroom lines during intermission for an NHL game? Would have to limit the # of people in the bathroom, and with how narrow the concourses are, its a super spreader event waiting to happen.
    If the NHL is going to do limited capacity, if its 25%, you're looking at 4000-5000 fans.

Big difference between going to an NFL game and a NHL game....Stadium vs. Arena. NFL games are mostly outside, NHL game you're enclosed inside. Even in a domed NFL stadium there would be a lot more space and more airflow than in an arena. Imagine the bathroom lines during intermission for an NHL game? Would have to limit the # of people in the bathroom, and with how narrow the concourses are, its a super spreader event waiting to happen.
    If the NHL is going to do limited capacity, if its 25%, you're looking at 4000-5000 fans.
    Yeah, 25% is probably best case scenario if fans are allowed back. I think even that may be a stretch for most teams. Despite the financial loss as I mentioned, they might not want to risk the chance of a super spreader like you said. It wouldn't be a good look. lol It should be interesting. This might be more difficult to plan than the return to play plan they had for the postseason. Ugh.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Yeah, 25% is probably best case scenario if fans are allowed back. I think even that may be a stretch for most teams. Despite the financial loss as I mentioned, they might not want to risk the chance of a super spreader like you said. It wouldn't be a good look. lol It should be interesting. This might be more difficult to plan than the return to play plan they had for the postseason. Ugh.
    There's a vaccine right around the corner. Just ask for proof of vaccination before you let people in.

Can't wait for all the people to voice their privacy concerns, government control concerns, when the proof of vaccination cards start showing up.

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    I'd go. No doubt!

Those beer vendors need me!!

There's a vaccine right around the corner. Just ask for proof of vaccination before you let people in.

Can't wait for all the people to voice their privacy concerns, government control concerns, when the proof of vaccination cards start showing up.
    Totally, and it's going to happen. You probably won't be allowed to do a lot of things unless you are vaccinated. It should be interesting. lol

Realistically the vaccine will be probably be given to the masses in about May/June at the earliest? Hockey season would be over and heading to the playoffs around then. So, for the regular season there would probably be no fans for this season, at least for a lot of markets.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Realistically the vaccine will be probably be given to the masses in about May/June at the earliest? Hockey season would be over and heading to the playoffs around then. So, for the regular season there would probably be no fans for this season, at least for a lot of markets.
    Well you'd have to look at the Venn diagram of who's getting vaccinated first and hockey fans. There's probably a good amount of overlap to at least get you to 50% capacity in large markets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast