• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Henrik Lundqvist Will Return to Rangers Post Playing Career

Phil

In an interview with Johan Rylander of the Goteborgs-Posten, the 38-year-old goaltender revealed that he expects make a return to the Rangers in some capacity after he retires from the NHL.

?I?ll be a part of the Rangers for the rest of my life, in one way or another,? he said, according to a Swedish translation. ?Both I and the Rangers have been clear about that. That?s how it will be.?

Asked to clarify if that meant he had a job with the Rangers in the future, Lundqvist confirmed that was the plan.

?It will be the role they want it to be,? he responded. ?I don?t know if the role will be small or if there will be something more. It is further ahead. It?s all about timing. It?s just not now.

?I feel that I will somehow be connected to Rangers forever after so many years and all the people I got to know in the club, from the owner on down.?

https://nypost.com/2020/11/16/henrik-lundqvist-says-hell-work-for-rangers-after-retirement/

I’m thinking goalie coach. Who better to take over for Allaire than the guy who was trained by him for years

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Allaire isn't old enough for that to be a consideration IMO. I'd imagine he returns as a special assistant to the GM like Drury did en route to a long-term front office role or, if he plans on moving his family back to Europe, head of European Player Development.

i'm with you. he's got front office written all over him. he will assume the ambasador role once they put gilbert out to pasture.

Maybe we can finally be rid of Glen Andersson. I never understood why he was always the alumni they had at Rangers fan functions. They are finally bringing Mattaeu into the mix, he was at the last hockey skate my kids did with the Rangers.