• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

VR Gaming

BrooksBurner

I've got an Oculus Rift S. Personally I love it. Games like Beat Saber, racing sims, and shooting games are super fun. VR isn't totally there yet - not a ton of can't miss games - but I really enjoy it and the Oculus headsets aren't a huge investment to get into.

The Quest seems really cool. It's nice that it's wireless. If you get it, you have to try Beat Saber. It's such a fun game.

Maybe keep an eye out for Black Friday sales.

I did VR oculus once over a coworkers house and tried Half Life. Pretty wild to be honest. When u get near the ledge or so,etching and fall down, you start grabbing for something because you feel like you are actually falling lol. Wild but tons of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
What's the one with the Star Wars game in the commercial? Is it any good?

Squadrons? I haven't played it myself, but I've heard a lot of really good things. It's for consoles also.

Anyone able to get a PS5?

I'm going to see what's going on this week, but I expect it to be sold out everywhere really quickly again. I might even just wait a year and see where it stands. There are plenty of them for sale on eBay through scalpers if you want to pay triple the price, or more. lol

Anyone able to get a PS5?

Xbox yes, ps5 no. Tried getting both and struck out Sony wise. The closest I’ve gotten is through Walmart website. Looks like Black Friday they have another release for it at like 9 am or whatever it says scheduled there. Bots are ruining this.

Xbox yes, ps5 no. Tried getting both and struck out Sony wise. The closest I’ve gotten is through Walmart website. Looks like Black Friday they have another release for it at like 9 am or whatever it says scheduled there. Bots are ruining this.

Ive gotten it in my cart through Walmart and Best Buy then the dreaded out of stock or error while checking out.

Ive gotten it in my cart through Walmart and Best Buy then the dreaded out of stock or error while checking out.

That happened to me too. It's crazy how quickly they're getting scooped up. I know a pandemic certainly hasn't helped with slowed production (assumption) and the demand is just insane. The CEO of SONY said they're basically tapped out of everything. lol If you can't land one during Black Friday/Cyber Monday, your best bet might be the Spring....maybe.

I had that with best buy and the Xbox on No 11th. I kept refreshing and luckily ended up checking out with Best Buy for the Xbox. No luck so far with ps5

Are the new consoles really worth getting already? The launch games didn't seem that exciting?

It’s just a matter of expectations and if you plan on getting one eventually anyway. I figured I def am so what’s the point of waiting if you know you will anyway.

It?s just a matter of expectations and if you plan on getting one eventually anyway. I figured I def am so what?s the point of waiting if you know you will anyway.
Yea for me it's the opposite. I know I'm getting it eventually so I'm not killing myself trying to get one now. They'll be back in a few months.

Yea for me it's the opposite. I know I'm getting it eventually so I'm not killing myself trying to get one now. They'll be back in a few months.

That makes sense too and there isn’t enough of a library for it right now as well. I certainly wouldn’t sit in a line overnight waiting for one but online I got lucky so why not.....

That makes sense too and there isn?t enough of a library for it right now as well. I certainly wouldn?t sit in a line overnight waiting for one but online I got lucky so why not.....
Oh yea, totally. It's not like folks are trampling each other to get into Walmart on Black Friday.

• 3 weeks later...
Im still trying. Whats your secret on getting one?

Pure luck, really. lol I was able to get a Costco bundle late at night when their stock was refreshed. I wanted that bundle because it came with an extra controller as well as the Ultimate Launch Edition of Miles Morales, which comes with a PS5 remastered version of the Spiderman game that came out for PS4. It's probably still going to be really hard to get one until at least until February/March, I think.

I just scored one this afternoon online from Walmart. Anyone looking for one check their website regularly. They often say out of stock but sometimes it’ll say back in stock at 3:30 est or something like it did today. I just spammed add to cart for a good minute or two and it finally added one and allowed me to check out for delivery early Jan.

I’ve also heard Best Buy online is getting some as well soon.

Ps5 I’m talking about

Best Buy were a bunch of dirtbags today....They posted yesterday to check their site after 9 AM today for consoles to be released. For 2 hours I was refreshing constantly....Finally at about 12:40 they released the consoles....as I was driving.....It would have been nice if they gave a time frame of when the release was going to be rather than just say check the website after 9 AM.

Best Buy were a bunch of dirtbags today....They posted yesterday to check their site after 9 AM today for consoles to be released. For 2 hours I was refreshing constantly....Finally at about 12:40 they released the consoles....as I was driving.....It would have been nice if they gave a time frame of when the release was going to be rather than just say check the website after 9 AM.
But think of all the ad traffic they cashed in on!