• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Line Combinations That Would Make Them Stacked

Phil

I think it's just me. When he's been buried on the 4th, he's practically worthless. We'll see how he adjusts after an offseason of dealing with the coaching staff. He may have a chance at that 2nd line spot with Strome-Panarin. I just dont think he's a good fit on Lafreniere's line. I mean, watching the highlights he's always feeding LHers. ALWAYS. One of Lafrenieres best assets is his deceptiveness with passing/shooting. If that one-time shot isnt there, it really allows defenders to close in on him. It takes away that one-time threat, and now you dont have to worry if he's passing/shooting.

I watched some of the WJC highlights. There were 2 with a RH shot. I wish there were stats available, because it's crazy how his line changes with have lefties vs righties.

I think you're way overanalyzing things. You're watching junior highlights. They were gonna pair him him the best players on their team, which were undrafted overagers, regardless of handedness. Gauthier was a goal scorer in the Q and then a goal scorer in the AHL. He was 22 last year and has 17 NHL games under his belt. He's a big, strong, fast kid that specializes in putting the puck in the net. I don't think him being a right handed is as big of a deal as you're trying to make it.

Also, Chytil is a lefty.

I think you're way overanalyzing things. You're watching junior highlights. They were gonna pair him him the best players on their team, which were undrafted overagers, regardless of handedness. Gauthier was a goal scorer in the Q and then a goal scorer in the AHL. He was 22 last year and has 17 NHL games under his belt. He's a big, strong, fast kid that specializes in putting the puck in the net. I don't think him being a right handed is as big of a deal as you're trying to make it.

Also, Chytil is a lefty.

Not at all. It's extremely apparent when you watch Lafreniere. And who are the bad players on team Canada?

But by doing this, you are limiting the production of 2 players now. Things like this absolutely matter in a players success, especially when he's an offensive player.

Gauthier scored a lot of goals, mostly on the left side, with one-timers, from a RH center. Having him on the wing with Panarin and Strome, as I mentioned earlier, they move around a lot more, that movement will get him spots where he can hit his one timer, and also get dirty goals in front of net.

I always stress the importance of putting kids in a place to be successful.

Not at all. It's extremely apparent when you watch Lafreniere. And who are the bad players on team Canada?

But by doing this, you are limiting the production of 2 players now. Things like this absolutely matter in a players success, especially when he's an offensive player.

Gauthier scored a lot of goals, mostly on the left side, with one-timers, from a RH center. Having him on the wing with Panarin and Strome, as I mentioned earlier, they move around a lot more, that movement will get him spots where he can hit his one timer, and also get dirty goals in front of net.

#1 factor of success is confidence. I agree. Put the young players in a position to succeed otherwise it doesn't matter what their skills are, they'll be useless.

I didn't say there were bad players on team Canada. The WJC is an extremely small sample size. He played 5 games. He scored a bunch on the powerplay and set up his left handed center Chytil....I mean Hayton for a couple one timers.

I didn't say there were bad players on team Canada. The WJC is an extremely small sample size. He played 5 games. He scored a bunch on the powerplay and set up his left handed center Chytil....I mean Hayton for a couple one timers.

I've posted other non-WJC videos saying the same thing. That is just one example. Watch those highlights, and its exactly what I said. Watch his other games, and it's the same thing. There is a pattern, it seems, to when he is extremely successful offensively, and when he's semi-successful.

The far winger is very important for his style of play and success.

I mean, check out some of the videos. It's undeniable.

Or... gasp... the minors.

Chytil is a good example of what some confidence can do for you in the minors.

Last season, Hartford was just a kick in the ass. He always looks like shit after layoffs. (Hartford sucks) But I think the Rangers have been keeping guys overseas to let them develop there, as Hartford doesnt really work.

But, they should have guys like Barron, Elmer, Newell, Khodorenko, Richards... It'll be a much fresher group of young, role players that should ... well, it cant be worse.

Barron sounds like he's getting beastly. Training with Kreider. Going to be interesting to see how his camp goes.

Lots and lots of PR hype about this kid. Hopefully he can be a use player. They usually don't pan out when the Rangers talk this much about a late round pick.

I think it's just me. When he's been buried on the 4th, he's practically worthless. We'll see how he adjusts after an offseason of dealing with the coaching staff. He may have a chance at that 2nd line spot with Strome-Panarin. I just dont think he's a good fit on Lafreniere's line. I mean, watching the highlights he's always feeding LHers. ALWAYS. One of Lafrenieres best assets is his deceptiveness with passing/shooting. If that one-time shot isnt there, it really allows defenders to close in on him. It takes away that one-time threat, and now you dont have to worry if he's passing/shooting.

I watched some of the WJC highlights. There were 2 with a RH shot. I wish there were stats available, because it's crazy how his line changes with have lefties vs righties.

The Rangers don't have any guys who shoot lefty that would be considered shooters. Maybe Chytil and Buch could benefit from playing with him?

Kakko on line 1

Gauthier on line 2?

I dunno man .

I'd rather take my chances and have him feed our best shooter in Zib, and have that front of net presence in Kreider. Maybe Kreider finally puts in some goal totals that are expected of him...

Add in Kreider adds that essence of protection for the kid.