• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Adidas Tease Reverse Retro Jersey — Return of the Liberty Head!

Keirik

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers Remind me of the Planet of the Apes ending

If that’s the Red Wings alternative Jersey i would hate to see their practice jerseys lol

I like the Sabres swords

Penguins pulling a wannabe Rangers look (fail)

Ducks? Really?

Coyotes lol - looks like road kill

Carolina sporting the Hartford Failures is nice

Nords is sweet

Columbus looks like the Capitals

Panthers change so often who can tell the difference?

Minny? Just burn it

Can’t tell the difference between the Predators regular and alternative

Merry Christmas Devils and did the Islanders even try?

Ottawa - see Florida

Blues are red . . . lol

Lightning - see Islanders

Maple Leafs - how about an autumn Leaf being all the leaves look the same?

Vegas - sweet although from Gold to that is confusing. Purple next?

Jets with the graveyard or Metlife look. What a marketing team!,

Can’t wait for somebody to change the color of the ice

Some teams seem to have understood "reverse retro" as "take an old jersey and invert the colors", aka Blues, Penguins and I think there were some others as well.

I thought the Blues already had a red jersey like that. Must be thinking of a youth team.

I also hoped the Rangers had a red liberty. which would have been reverse.

A lot of teams introduced them as "Retro Remix" jerseys, not 'reverse'.

I thought the Blues already had a red jersey like that. Must be thinking of a youth team.

I also hoped the Rangers had a red liberty. which would have been reverse.

A lot of teams introduced them as "Retro Remix" jerseys, not 'reverse'.

They did, but I believe they've switched (or "remixed" :palm:) the red from bottom to top.

I wonder if it's just because I'm old, and if this is the same type of thing as most of my favorite music being from the 90's, but jerseys were much better before weren't they.

The black & gold Vancouver jersey with the skate is vastly superior to what they have now

The Minny North Stars one is much better than anything Dallas has ever worn

The Old Jets >>>>>>>>> The new Jets

The Lanny McDonald version of the Flames uni shits on the new one from a great height

The Whalers uniform is obviously one of the greatest of all time

The Nordiques

etc

The Ducks version in this remix though :rofl: Holy fuck. It's so bad and out there that I actually kind of like it. It's going to be hilarious watching them playing a game in that thing.

They did, but I believe they've switched (or "remixed" :palm:) the red from bottom to top.

I wonder if it's just because I'm old, and if this is the same type of thing as most of my favorite music being from the 90's, but jerseys were much better before weren't they.

The black & gold Vancouver jersey with the skate is vastly superior to what they have now

The Minny North Stars one is much better than anything Dallas has ever worn

The Old Jets >>>>>>>>> The new Jets

The Lanny McDonald version of the Flames uni shits on the new one from a great height

The Whalers uniform is obviously one of the greatest of all time

The Nordiques

etc

The Ducks version in this remix though :rofl: Holy fuck. It's so bad and out there that I actually kind of like it. It's going to be hilarious watching them playing a game in that thing.

They had some really bad jerseys, too. The Ducks one, for example.

It was in the 90s the Canucks, Caps, Bruins, Islanders, Kings 3rd, Sabres all rebranded. 95-97, I think, Right around when the Liberty jersey debuted.

• 3 weeks later...

I was very underwhelmed by the design, like others have mentioned the jersey looks fine with all of the other equipment but it could have just been better with a few tweaks.

They sold a million of them already so they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeah, not surprised it's selling like hot cakes. It was a much requested jersey to be brought back for a long time. I still like it, but again, it just needs a bit more. I still think the stripes on the sleeves should be thicker, and there should be some piping on the bottom. There's just too much blue. Also, maybe some more color around the color as well. Again, they still look good, but it looks more like a glorified practice jersey of theirs than being closer to the Liberty uniforms of old.

• 9 months later...