• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Adidas Tease Reverse Retro Jersey — Return of the Liberty Head!

Keirik

Didn't they go to the ECF in 96/97?

Yes they did but no playoff appearances for 8 years including the lockout year. I believe they wore the Liberty jerseys from 1998-2007.

Liberties came out in '96. That's also why there's a 96 in collar line.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they did but no playoff appearances for 8 years including the lockout year. I believe they wore the Liberty jerseys from 1998-2007.

Didn't Gretzky wear the liberty jersey in his final game? I liked the dark liberty jerseys, wasn't a huge fan of the white ones.

Didn't Gretzky wear the liberty jersey in his final game? I liked the dark liberty jerseys, wasn't a huge fan of the white ones.

Man, I loved both. Maybe just because I was a kid and it brings back memories, I dunno. I absolutely loved those.

I'm pretty sure the Rangers were wearing their (road) blues at home in Gretzky's last game.

Man, I loved both. Maybe just because I was a kid and it brings back memories, I dunno. I absolutely loved those.

I'm pretty sure the Rangers were wearing their (road) blues at home in Gretzky's last game.

Correct. I was lucky enough to be there. Me and my dad cried like babies.

Correct. I was lucky enough to be there. Me and my dad cried like babies.

You weren't alone, man!! ...kinda like the scene where Goose dies! I still lose it on that one, also the end of Rudy when they carry him off the field gets me!!!! :rofl:

I dig it honestly.
Agree. Regardless of how you feel about the logo, the rest of the jersey is as pretty close to perfect as it can get. Not too much piping, simple, bold block colors. It's not over complicated.

The logo just puts it over the top, because it's a great logo.

Don't tell Joe Montana LOL.

I know right!!

The Montana interview was hilarious. He was like.."No, No No ...none of that shit ever happened!" I think the guys who carried him off the field did it as a joke or something!! :rofl:

It made for a good movie though!!! ;)