• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Adidas Tease Reverse Retro Jersey — Return of the Liberty Head!

Keirik

I like that they changed the sleeves for sure. The old ones were just too much with the huge block of red from elbows down. I do think they missed the mark just a bit on either the neck or the bottom of the jersey. A little more detail to accent all of the blue would have been nice. If they kept the original red/white neck accents, it might have been a perfect jersey. It's slightly too plain, but I'd rather plain than over the top.

Still may buy.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely just the red missing from the collar. Everything else is really nice, especially the cleaned up type relative to the '96 versions.

This is the only thing that bothers me with this jersey, the collar. They should have either made it more of a V neck or the laces.

What happened to the red on the sleeve? Kind of liked it better with the more red rather than just that little stripe of red.

Same here Kerik, and not a fan of the gray either as Josh said. It's a swing and a miss from me. I actually like the potential of the liberty logo too.

I think it's gonna end up looking great with red pants. I wonder what the socks will look like though.

Probably just like the sleeves of the jersey.

And I'm fine with it. It might be why they dont have a red collar. That'd be an overload of red stripes.

Overall I like them, but they seem a bit too simplistic. I feel like the striping on the sleeves should be thicker, and that it should have the same striping pattern wrapping around the bottom of the jersey as well. But, they are still good. The logos are still awesome and I really like that color blue.

I know right!!

The Montana interview was hilarious. He was like.."No, No No ...none of that shit ever happened!" I think the guys who carried him off the field did it as a joke or something!! :rofl:

It made for a good movie though!!! ;)

Saw "Rudy" signing autographs outside the ND book store after a game in South Bend few years back. He looked like a down on his luck dirtbag; unshaven, dirty windbreaker, looking to get $20 a pop to sign books and things. Hollywood likes a good story, reality notwithstanding.

If I was going for a more remixed vibe I'd have made the sleeve part that used to be red white. Also, the numbers seem a bit odd since the previous liberty jerseys had more legible numbers that popped more. However, once they are in motion I'm sure it will be fine, but in a lot of cases it looks like teams could have made some minor tweaks that would improve the designs by a great margin. The Dallas Stars are a better example though.

Saw "Rudy" signing autographs outside the ND book store after a game in South Bend few years back. He looked like a down on his luck dirtbag; unshaven, dirty windbreaker, looking to get $20 a pop to sign books and things. Hollywood likes a good story, reality notwithstanding.

I usually try to keep in mind that there's always 3 sides of a story:

One person's side

The other person's side

...and the truth!! ;)

...or Rudy could've been a schizophrenic that heard those voices in his head for real??? ....nah, I'm gonna roll with "truthful fiction", Bugg!! LOL

I think the lack of red collar could work but not if there was so much blue.

That's why you wouldnt have more reg rings.

They'll look fucking goofy with all these rings around them. Arms, neck, waist, red pants, socks.

I still hope the fourth jersey is a red jersey, similar to Hartfords.

hwp_red_navy_jersey.jpg

productmain_748_1.jpg